5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Got the bed Line-X’d today. Looks great compared to the blinding white it was. Now I won’t cringe every time I toss something in the back.

9c812da84e881fcb408dc111e7886df1.jpg
That looks great.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Started paint correction today before applying Adam’s graphene. Took me a bit to find how aggressive I would need to go with my pad and compound choices. Lots of work ahead. Looking forward to getting this done so I can do the easy part, applying the coating!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Started paint correction today before applying Adam’s graphene. Took me a bit to find how aggressive I would need to go with my pad and compound choices. Lots of work ahead. Looking forward to getting this done so I can do the easy part, applying the coating!
Can’t wait to hear how you like the graphene coating.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I am planning to do mine as well. My Griots polisher should be here tomorrow.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am planning to do mine as well. My Griots polisher should be here tomorrow.
Good choice! I also really like their complete compound, and their pads. Good stuff. I have quite a bit of their products in my detailing supply

Bignick75

Reaction score
@Bignick75...Thanks!

Yes, getting the Dirt Logic coil-overs and rear shocks are overkill if you're not really four wheeling in the rough stuff much and definitely a lot more expensive. Fabtech 3″ UCA Lift with the rear Stealth Shocks is Fabtech's mid-level lift and probably a bit more comparable to the Ready Lift SST 3.5-inch lift system. The Ready Lift system is slightly cheaper and will give you a true 3.5-inches of front lift but no rear shocks or new ball joints not to mention the reduced front wheel articulation and degraded ride quality over road imperfections, speed bumps, pot holes, etc. (same for the Ready Lift base 2-inch system). I am not overly impressed with the Fabtech UCAs so will call it a draw between those and the ones provided by Ready Lift; neither are adjustable but both are an upgrade over the factory UCAs. For sure the Fabtech system is a big upgrade over Ready Lift's 2-inch leveling system but also twice the price of the Ready Lift system too.
Perfect thanks!

Grouper

Reaction score
Also, just dropped off a set of OE 22" Sport wheels at the wheel refinisher to be refinished in stain black (à la Night Edition) and wrapped in 285/45/22 Continental TerrainContact AT's.

Picked up the wheels. These were "Sport" wheels (with the machined face). They had a little rash when I bought them. The wheel shop I took them to is no joke. It's not a simple powder coating shop. They do full wheel restoration (repair rash, bends, cracks, etc). These things look better than new!

If you're in the Tampa area, Glenn's Wheel Polishing.

Stock 22" tire size. No lift. No level. No plans for either.

7.jpg 9.jpg

Last edited:

Ram Man 727

Reaction score
Added a NOCO port plug to the rear bumper for the block heater, just gives it a cleaner look than having a plug hanging out your hood scratching your paint in the winters.
Hey PHFT, just got my Noco and was looking at the exact same spot ! lol.. Did you run another cord between the Noco and the heater plug?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey PHFT, just got my Noco and was looking at the exact same spot ! lol.. Did you run another cord between the Noco and the heater plug?
I believe he would have to as the plug from the heater cord would not make it to the Noco plug. I have been entertaining the thought of putting in a Noco plug for a battery tender and was going to throw in a heater plug along the way. Keep us posted with how you run the cord. The directions for the bed lights installation have a route to the front of the vehicle. Unfortunately I can not find the pdf for the bed light kit install to assist in that matter. Found it, thanks to:

Attachments

• Ram Bed light installation82215272AB.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread