5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

RHeller1

Reaction score
changed diff oil

Attachments

• 20201113_164816[1].jpg
    20201113_164816[1].jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 80

ARAM2

Reaction score
Installed Borla resonator for Borla Atak!

336e5f94633dacf4a3dc693b65518d74.jpg

baa61c48a7340bedb35ff3dd0611c6fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KOTxPool

Reaction score
Just installed Revel links with daystar spacers to level front end,installed 285/55R22 Nitto Ridge grapplers and hellwig rear sway bar. Busy Friday...:D
How are you liking it so far? Any pictures? I’m looking at possibly doing the same with tires and was wondering about the sway bar and how it improves things. Also does anyone know if the daystar and links void any warranty?

djmobilehome

Reaction score
Hey guys - just joined the Ram / Rebel family. Purchased a '20 Rebel last Wednesday. Dropped it off Monday for a couple of personal touches. Sprayed bed with Rhino Liner, and from bumper / skid plate with black liner too. Tint on all windows, including full windshield and eyebrow, and added a set of Rigid SR-Q's to the rear bumper (wired to reverse and separate switch). New black RAM badge for front grille is on order. Looking forward to digging into the forum to see what everyone else has been doing to theirs!

Attachments

• ram-4.jpg
    ram-4.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 199
  • ram-2.jpg
    ram-2.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 198
  • ram-3.jpg
    ram-3.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I took my resonators off (I have a carven muffler), washed the truck, and organized my bed setup! For anyone who’s wondering, taking the resonators off made the truck quite a bit louder on start up & revving it, but I swear it’s actually quieter once you get to a cruising speed. Way less drone with the resonators off! It doesn’t make sense but it’s a noticeable difference. I love it, it’s louder when I want it to be and quieter when I want it to be. As for the bed, I just use basic cheap camping stuff. Cooler, tent that fits in the bed, air mattress, sleeping bag, blanket, towel, extra clothes, and a tire air compressor. I love how it’s all stowed away ready for an adventure no matter what!

Attachments

• 87C80972-8930-4E77-8C16-96F55743EC7B.jpeg
    87C80972-8930-4E77-8C16-96F55743EC7B.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 164
  • 92ACD277-E1EB-44B1-A33C-D66A5532B5EE.jpeg
    92ACD277-E1EB-44B1-A33C-D66A5532B5EE.jpeg
    175.9 KB · Views: 164

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I took my resonators off (I have a carven muffler), washed the truck, and organized my bed setup! For anyone who’s wondering, taking the resonators off made the truck quite a bit louder on start up & revving it, but I swear it’s actually quieter once you get to a cruising speed. Way less drone with the resonators off! It doesn’t make sense but it’s a noticeable difference. I love it, it’s louder when I want it to be and quieter when I want it to be. As for the bed, I just use basic cheap camping stuff. Cooler, tent that fits in the bed, air mattress, sleeping bag, blanket, towel, extra clothes, and a tire air compressor. I love how it’s all stowed away ready for an adventure no matter what!

Interesting about the resonators. I’d really like to get mine just a touch louder with my Borla ProXS but I’m afraid it would be too loud.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Interesting about the resonators. I’d really like to get mine just a touch louder with my Borla ProXS but I’m afraid it would be too loud.
I can’t say for certain the result would be the same with the Borla, but I swear mine is louder at times but as soon as I get to a cruising speed it’s quieter. Quieter and no drone at all! I think it might be because it’s sliiightly not as deep sounding so maybe just the frequency of it makes it have less drone. I’m 100% happy though. It cost me $80 to have them removed and replaced with normal pipe and I made sure they cut them off in a spot where it would be super easy to weld back on if I wasn’t happy. I say give it a try if you can do it for cheap and see how you like it! One other option is you can cut them off yourself and listen to it with nothing or just clamp up small like 18” long pipe. If you like it then you’re done if you can make the tips line up! If not then just have a shop weld the resonators back in place for like 20 bucks

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Filmed my first side by side product comparison. Let me know your thoughts on this concept! It was a fun one, really considering picking up another set of LED pods and comparing those too.

Side By Side: Affordable 20" Light Bars
Very informative video . Thanks for posting

Owner of a 20 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score

Nice set up. I have the flow master outlaw and that thing sounds loud but not overtly loud. I kept the resonators on it otherwise it would be loud loud. Only a drone when it drops to eco. But I expect a helicopter but I got a mild drone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
I don't get these trucks honestly. I just can't seem to get the volume out of them that I did on my previous rams. I started with the Carven Cut & Clamp, which sounded good for the price, and would have been much improved with the weep holes plugged. Replaced that with the Corsa Sport that I had really high hopes for based on YouTube videos and cost. And the sound quality was really nice, but the volume was still really low. So then I got the resonator delete and the tone changed slightly, and maybe got some additional volume, but still not that loud. I even ran the truck straight out the resonator when doing the carven to corsa swap and was surprised that it was reasonably quiet.
I'd argue, of the three setups, the Carven was the loudest in cab, but the Corsa has the better sound quality.
I miss my Charger 392. That thing sounded perfect with simply a reso delete.

Here's a video I made comparing them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread