5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
6e9bf5161cb213aab466b9977567a6f4.jpg

Wanted something for the knob that would never look upside down - play ball!!

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
do oyu happen to know what the clearance is form the groud to the bottom of the board... i had some tubular running boards and i bent the brackets doing some off roading.... wondering if i switch it up how much clearance ill gain.

Here's a pic I took last year when I installed the D6's (still awaiting my rebate actually, good reminder, def filed the paperwork) - you can see I got it high and tight where even the front wheel mini-flap/spat is even a tad lower than the bottom of the D6

I specifically got these because they have the lowest profile mounting method i've seen so far. 1+year and perfect steps imho.

also, air ride here, so height to the ground is irrelevant

1594157477166.png

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
A
My “BIGGEST” Mod so far.

Ok...so I exaggerated a little.
It’s in the small details.

View attachment 61162

View attachment 61163
A FYI in case the caps are aluminum.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A

A FYI in case the caps are aluminum.

They say they are “Zinc Alloy“ so not sure what that means.

Greenchevette

Reaction score

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice! I should have the yellow film and gunsmoke head/tail light films arriving today! Any real world install feedback or tips?

Big thanks to @Waterfowler41 as well for the 20% off!

Got a few messages from people so here’s the link without having to go through the hassle of watching my video (although the views are super appreciated).

It’s 20% off anything at Lamin-X. Doesn’t necessarily need to be Ram specific parts. Enjoy!

For those of you installing them, post pics here! Would love to see the before and afters!

Skater

Reaction score
Got a few messages from people so here’s the link without having to go through the hassle of watching my video (although the views are super appreciated).

It’s 20% off anything at Lamin-X. Doesn’t necessarily need to be Ram specific parts. Enjoy!

For those of you installing them, post pics here! Would love to see the before and afters!
Where do you pickup Rapid Tac from? Lowes? Home Depot?

p.s. following now for all the great vids.

RookieDDZ

Reaction score
Rapid TAC II Application Fluid for Vinyl Wraps Decals Stickers 4oz Sprayer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006RMEFNS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_fZDbFb6QNJWVN
Does the RapidTac make the film slick to apply? I just used water, which is what Lamin-X stated and worked fine. The film is sticky and it took a few tries to get it into place, but it worked. I'm waiting for the little bit of water to evaporate now.
I almost thought about seeing if there was enough room to go from under the bumper and slide the film in between the fog light and the bumper. But in the end I went straight through the fog light cut-out and worked the edges. Still very easy, and the yellow will work great against the snow we get in New York.

RickWaz

Reaction score

Thanks for all the posts, vid's and discounts, Waterfowler41! But sadly, it appears that Lamin-X does not make these films/covers for the Limited or Longhorn models. So I'll search for alternate amber films.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty sure they do, the first set I ordered I ordered wrong and got a set of headlight and fogs for a Limited. I may still have it at home, would have to look when I get there.

Last edited:

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So you guys all seem to really like the yellow fogs. Any reason in particular you prefer them? Just curious cause I've always seen them on "ricers" locally and have never tried them myself.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Found the email confirmation.
This shipment includes the following items:

Item # Description Qty
D036G Dodge RAM 1500 Longhorn (19- ) Gunsmoke Headlight Covers 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So you guys all seem to really like the yellow fogs. Any reason in particular you prefer them? Just curious cause I've always seen them on "ricers" locally and have never tried them myself.

I like the way the yellow dogs look with my white Rebel. Full disclosure I had yellow fogs on my Civic to so I burned a little rice in my day!

fd14656e1c4df10e011f740321fd21c2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread