5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

klotz50

Reaction score
Yea, they are stock 22" wheels. Yokohama 285/55R22 Geolandar tires changed the entire look of the truck. Few more pics after a wash and wax yesterday.
Also, guys with the AVS Aeroskin, the sticker on the front is easy to peel off, and underneath it is the AVS logo embossed in the plastic. See pic below. (full of wax)
2" spacers going on today,..
How is the ride with the Yokohamas compared to I assume factory Goodyears?

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How is the ride with the Yokohamas compared to I assume factory Goodyears?
Yea, factory Badyears...Rougher, but not terrible. Being a 10 ply LT tire, it is expected. Once these wear out, I think I'll try some Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 305/45/22 in an XL (4 ply) tire. Should ride like stock and not as much humming from the M/T Yoko's. I also have my Hellwig sway in the stiffest setting contributing to it, but I like the setting because it alleviates the most amount of body sway, and I tow my boat often.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How long is that thing?
Wife has a kayak on order that I think she said is 12 feet and trying to visualize how much sticking out I will have

This is a 10’ Taramack Pro so only sticks out of my short bed 30” which is completely manageable without a bed extender. Had I gone with an 11 or 12 I would’ve bought a hitch extender.

dv8er

Reaction score
How long is that thing?
Wife has a kayak on order that I think she said is 12 feet and trying to visualize how much sticking out I will have
This is a 10’ Taramack Pro so only sticks out of my short bed 30” which is completely manageable without a bed extender. Had I gone with an 11 or 12 I would’ve bought a hitch extender.

Agreed 10' is about the longest without a bed extender. We haul a 10', 12', 13', and 13.5' using a bed extender with no issues. The bed extender sets up and breaks down easily so we can store it out of sight while we're on the lake. The 10' is the only one I'd be comfortable with not using the extender for.

This is the extender we use:

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed 10' is about the longest without a bed extender. We haul a 10', 12', 13', and 13.5' using a bed extender with no issues. The bed extender sets up and breaks down easily so we can store it out of sight while we're on the lake. The 10' is the only one I'd be comfortable with not using the extender for.

d19b80b1d2f6993d1a7cc2b453606124.jpg

Here’s a side profile with the tip to the front of my bed.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Have an extender that I’ve only used with the 15.5 feet canoe. Between that, the 2 paddleboards and incoming kayak I’m thinking I should invest in a rack!

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cleaned some old polish off my bed rails from when I ceramic coated it. Used simple green, a medium bristle brush, and finished it up with meguiars trim restorer.

Last edited:

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the diesel cap and def cap in and put on. Also, called about the Ranch Hand replacement front bumper I’m getting.

I'd really like to put a ranch hand on my trucK. We've got tons of deer here in Georgia. In fact day 3 of owning my truck I had to lock it down on the highway because they were just standing there in the middle of the white lines. Hate those creatures. Good thing they're tasty!

LamboTexas

Reaction score
I'd really like to put a ranch hand on my trucK. We've got tons of deer here in Georgia. In fact day 3 of owning my truck I had to lock it down on the highway because they were just standing there in the middle of the white lines. Hate those creatures. Good thing they're tasty!
Lots of deer and hogs on roads here. It’s almost a necessity on farm/ ranch with livestock. I’ve had the Ranch Hand on last 4 trucks I’ve owned and love their products.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lots of deer and hogs on roads here. It’s almost a necessity on farm/ ranch with livestock. I’ve had the Ranch Hand on last 4 trucks I’ve owned and love their products.

Nice! So do the stock fogs and proximity sensors work with that bumper? Have you had any impacts with animals or anything while having the equipped? I've heard the big bumpers like that can cause frame damage if you do hit a deer but idk how true that is.

LamboTexas

Reaction score
Nice! So do the stock fogs and proximity sensors work with that bumper? Have you had any impacts with animals or anything while having the equipped? I've heard the big bumpers like that can cause frame damage if you do hit a deer but idk how true that is.
Sensors and Camera work perfect. The impact I’ve had with Ranch Hand Grill Guard or Bumper have either been at low speed or intentional on my part, so I can’t speak to frame damage. I do enjoy the extra peace of mind that I have one on the front end.

K_Hub

Reaction score
Installed Truck Covers USA roll top with Yakima tracks for future cargo rack, bedrug, LED strip lights, and put in the nutserts to install some l tracks. Ran out of time today to cut and drill the tracks.

3bfbe23df2c7900acbcffb00a8255bee.jpg

3ba3c94fc1cabf513d7882e7dd9ee51a.jpg

6a7465f99a49d254bf52599356994fbf.jpg

fe1a7c4eb0efa9e4224cb6fa2e35cc75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronbhaines

Reaction score
didn't do any modifications, but finally took my first exhaust video of the truck from the outside yesterday. had this exhaust for a few months now and am finally hearing what it sounds like on the outside :)
Can you tell me exactly what was replaced or removed from stock setup

2019 Ram Bighorn
2.5" level
Fuel Blitz wheels
275-65-20 Duratracs

Users who are viewing this thread