5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

ny2az

Reaction score
anyone in the Phoenix area looking for a Mopar accessorie painted to match hard tonneau cover in granite color ... fits new 1500 bodystyle ... located in gilbert, Az in near perfect condition ...guy is looking to get $500 out of it ..... he was asking $800
this is the only pic he has of it on his truck... even at $500 ... it's still a deal and can be painted to match your truck should you need to paint.

Last edited:

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well today I installed my alpharex headlights
153e28de45ed7cdea62468c173ea5653.jpg
90eae4a3cf67c694b5b334ead2be6ade.jpg
610fcb2a3add0db8d9b34178c99b0c38.jpg
340527a49d026d86693076958a37058b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
They LOOK SHARP!.! :cool:

Totally transformed the looks of the truck. (y)

thrillracing

Reaction score
Not today but a few days ago:

New topper and wheels.

Desert Dawg, great looking rig. What Black Rhino Rim is that and what size BS are they? Thanks for the info!

Ordered while the sh*t was hitting the fan..Hydro-Blue Laramie Group 2, Air-suspension, Off-road, Sport, Uconnect 12, power running boards, dual panel moonroof.

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
Desert Dawg, great looking rig. What Black Rhino Rim is that and what size BS are they? Thanks for the info!

Ordered while the sh*t was hitting the fan..Hydro-Blue Laramie Group 2, Air-suspension, Off-road, Sport, Uconnect 12, power running boards, dual panel moonroof.

Congrats on the new Laramie...that Hydro Blue is a killer color and I would have gotten that if was available when I purchased mine!

The wheels are Black Rhino Dugger in a 18x8.5 size with +0MM offset, 5-inch BS.

Correction: @thrillracing; my apologies but the backspacing for the 18x8.5 wheels are 4.75 inches, not 5 inches as stated earlier! I was thinking about the 20-inch size. :(

Last edited:

tal822

Reaction score
One more install for the holiday weekend! Got rid of the mopar tonneau and replaced it with the Sentry CT FEA75BF5-8278-4057-811B-F0AB301B6F96.jpeg

T West

Reaction score
How’s your ride quality on those tires? I have the same and I can’t seem to get them smooth at higher speeds.

The ride quality compared to the factory tires is worse lol. A bit more bumpy/bouncy ride at slower speeds, but I blame it on the rims because they're heavier. Much more road noise on the hwy than the factory street tires., but I get a pretty smooth ride at high speeds. I'm usually doing 75-85 mph on the highways out here and no issue with comfort. The cabin active noise cancellation helps the road noise a little, plus I keep the radio cranked up anyway so small sacrifice for a better look.

Last edited:

tal822

Reaction score
The ride quality compared to the factory tires is worse lol. A bit more bumpy/bouncy ride at slower speeds, but I blame it on the rims because they're heavier. Much more road noise on the hwy than the factory street tires., but I get a pretty smooth ride at high speeds. I'm usually doing 75-85 mph on the highways out here and no issue with comfort. The cabin active noise cancellation helps the road noise a little, plus I keep the radio cranked up anyway so small sacrifice for a better look.

You guys might wanna look into the hellwig sway bar. Solved all of my problems. I recently adjusted it for the highest performance and it took all of the wiggle and uncertainty out of the frame.

vanilla ice

Reaction score
I just purchased my buddies 22” sport wheels for my Laramie. I’m not sure if I’m feeling them at the moment. I think I would have rather of gone with the other 2 styles below and might be looking for a trade ‍♂️

13C31F11-74B2-4809-A244-682C0C85BB5D.jpeg
38BCE8FC-5CFB-4252-9F29-35660C751E10.jpeg

2D52AF13-1A7C-4986-96A9-F77D62022C39.jpeg 446ADF82-CAEE-486D-BC30-F9AEB6066DBE.jpeg

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score

T West

Reaction score
The ride quality compared to the factory tires is worse lol. A bit more bumpy/bouncy ride at slower speeds, but I blame it on the rims because they're heavier. Much more road noise on the hwy than the factory street tires. The cabin active noise cancellation helps the road noise a little, plus I keep the radio cranked up anyway so small sacrifice for a better look.
You guys might wanna look into the hellwig sway bar. Solved all of my problems. I recently adjusted it for the highest performance and it took all of the wiggle and uncertainty out of the frame.

Hmmm... after looking into it, I think you're right. My biggest issue with Rams (even my 2017 model) the loss of control in the truck after hitting a bump. You can literally feel it in the steering. I thought getting the limited trim with air suspension would help with this, but on this truck its only to level it for heavy loads. Fooled me :). Expensive assumption lol. I'll look into this sway bar!

ktl5005

Reaction score
Hmmm... after looking into it, I think you're right. My biggest issue with Rams (even my 2017 model) the loss of control in the truck after hitting a bump. You can literally feel it in the steering. I thought getting the limited trim with air suspension would help with this, but on this truck its only to level it for heavy loads. Fooled me :). Expensive assumption lol. I'll look into this sway bar!
2019 Limited here. Not a single issue that your talking about

Ramtrx

Reaction score
I already added a hellwig swag bar since my first post. It helped Beyond expectations. Also added core 4x4 end links. And boy is it a better ride quality.

Last edited:

T West

Reaction score
2019 Limited here. Not a single issue that your talking about

My 19 limited came from the dealer with an extremely toed alignment. So it could just be my truck. Or I'm driving too fast, or I'm just looking for it since it was so bad on my 17. Either way, I'm order this sway bar next. One thing I've learned after getting the new wheels is how each component in alignment affects steering and ride comfort. With the new wheels, they had to max out my caster adjustment to get it aligned properly. And after the tire shop explained to me the effects of a positive vs negative caster adjustment, I'm thinking this may play a role as well. I NEVER got my 17 ram aligned. Drove it 56k miles. Wondering now if it was also misaligned out of the factory. And if the maxed out caster is giving me the ride issues I have now on my 19 limited at slower speeds.

Users who are viewing this thread