5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

RamConvert82

Reaction score
Been a member for awhile, just never posted any pictures! Here’s my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie. Finally got the bed rack installed
55046eb1c240f85117e8ceeffd854d6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dude you can't tease us with just one pic and no details! What'd you go with? How does it perform?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

thrasherjosh

Reaction score
Dude you can't tease us with just one pic and no details! What'd you go with? How does it perform?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So far this is all that I’ve done. It handles and rides just like factory. I wanted a true lift kit but at the time and still now it’s hard to find lifts for 2w/d trucks!

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 2w/d
Purchased 06/30/2019

15% Ceramic Tint
Huskey Floor mats front and rear
4.5” CST Spindle Lift w/ 1.5” Rear Lift
20x9 XD Grenade Off Road wheels
275.65r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Matching Spare Tire
Line-X Premium
BedRug Bed Mat
Mopar Powersteps
Mopar Blacked Out Front and Rear Emblems
Mopar Bedlight Kit
FrontRunner Slimline II Bed Rack
N-Fab Spare Tire Straps
RetraxOne XR bed cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bored this weekend so i hooked up the light bar temporarily to see how it looked. Really wish my switches were here...

d4dc7dfed0bb80d39b9fa29f2c117795.jpg

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you haven’t ordered yet here’s a 20% off link for Lamin-X. They set it up for my YouTube Channel.

And here’s how those fog covers install, super easy

Thanks for the info.

Curious, are your fog lights tinted with Lamin-X?

I’d really love to figure out how to turn my DRL into amber color, but really don’t want to rip the lights apart to change out the LED boards. Do you think a film could accomplish this?

Alternatively, I’ve wondered if there’s any way to wire my turn signals into DRL and signal.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have splash guards on my Limited. Maybe you can trim the front splach guards.
I had to do a good bit of trimming, manipulation with a heat gun and wet towel, bend a bracket back and drill new hole for push pins, but I did manage to get to full lock to full lock without any contact/rubbing at all...and able to maintain the splash guards. Only took 4 hours!

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

Curious, are your fog lights tinted with Lamin-X?

I’d really love to figure out how to turn my DRL into amber color, but really don’t want to rip the lights apart to change out the LED boards. Do you think a film could accomplish this?

Alternatively, I’ve wondered if there’s any way to wire my turn signals into DRL and signal.

Yes mine are, that video is my walk through on how to install them. It took 5 min per light. Great quarantine project...

BLAM

Reaction score
I had to do a good bit of trimming, manipulation with a heat gun and wet towel, bend a bracket back and drill new hole for push pins, but I did manage to get to full lock to full lock without any contact/rubbing at all...and able to maintain the splash guards. Only took 4 hours!

Congrats bro! I know the feeling. Been there done that, lol!!!

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Waterfowler41, I ordered some of the Rapid Tac to do my headlights and fogs. In your video, you said it allows you to move the film on the lens once overlaid, correct?
When I did my tails all I used was filtered water on both the Lamin-x and the lens, and no matter how much water I used, the film would stick and not able to move at all. Hoping the Rapid Tac will help ease the install process. If it allows you to move the film on the lens, the tails would have been MUCH easier and likely a better result than I have. If it works like that I may remove my current install and order a new set with your discount and try with the Rapid Tac. Nice install vid, and cute Lil helper dude you have there.

Last edited:

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Waterfowler41, I ordered some of the Rapid tac to do my headlights and fogs. In your video, you said it allows you to move the film on the lens once overlaid, correct?
When I did my tails all I used was filtered water on both the Lamin-x and the lens, and no matter how much water I used, the film would stick and not able to move at all. Hoping the Rapid Tac will help eas the install process. If it allows you to move the film on the lens, the tails would have been MUCH easier and likely a better result than I have. If it works like that I may remove my current install and order a new set with your discount and try with the Rapid Tac. Nice install vid, and cute Lil helper dude you have there.

Yup I’ve never had good luck with water or soapy water mixes. Rapid Tac takes the guess work out. Even if you use too much of it, it eventually all evaporates without residue. It’s a good prep cleaner too

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have a link to the plugs you used? I could use some in black.
I actually picked them up at my local Advance Auto Parts store. Below is a picture of the exact retainers that I used and they fit perfect. They come in black, I had to paint mine with touch-up paint and clear coat them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200407-154339.png
    Screenshot_20200407-154339.png
    138.2 KB · Views: 116

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Added the flushmount AVS window vent shades.....I think I’ll have to reinstall as 3 of 4 have some wavyness to them....not sure if i am a fan yet either way. All are in channel except for edge near pillars so that part doesn’t sit flush. Which is hopefully is just an error on my part.

1DA729DA-93F5-48F4-B6E0-6DA6D3AD8E6C.jpeg 79C0DC5C-C53C-471C-9170-F6B956075F8F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread