5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Dustin

IT Geek, Adventure Junkie
Reaction score
Nice job on that bike rack. Can you share some details on how you made it? What did you use for the cross bar and how did you secure it to the side rails? Thanks!

I used a 1x4 of hardwood. I had to notch out each side so it would fit in the wide part of the rails. I took the plastic cap off near the front of the rails to install them. I did use some metal plates (top and bottom) to help reduce flex and add strength. Below is a picture of where I notched the wood.

It is kept in place by moving the bedrail slide up as far as possible, then tightening them down.

2020-02-29 14.41.16.png

RickWaz

Reaction score

jtread4

Reaction score
That's a great upgrade. BUT sadly I had to return mine, because I failed to read the "fine-print": RAM 1500 Crew Cab 2019-Current with a fixed floor OEM console. NOTE: Drilling required. Does not work with the RAM sliding console trays that have lids on the cup holders, as seen on RAM Longhorn and Limited trims.
Oh, that sucks. Yeah, it's an exact fit in the fixed console, so I wouldn't imagine it being able to be changed even if you had kept it. Did you find one that works for you though?

I’ve had one in My 2020 Laramie sport for about six months! It works great. I have had two other Tuffy locking consoles in jeep wranglers Which also fit perfectly!

Yeah, it's pretty great for those un American places (like work) where I'm not able to carry my pistol. The fit in the console was perfect and looks great.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck got the “dog hair” baptism yesterday... things will never be the same...
19a0f84136c3c9da3784961c40b81db7.jpg

RickWaz

Reaction score
Oh, that sucks. Yeah, it's an exact fit in the fixed console, so I wouldn't imagine it being able to be changed even if you had kept it. Did you find one that works for you though?

Yeah, it's pretty great for those un American places (like work) where I'm not able to carry my pistol. The fit in the console was perfect and looks great.
No, I have not found one yet, but still looking. For alternatives, I installed locking latches to both of my Ram Bins and also purchased a pistol vault that I have cable locked w/i my Ram.

RickWaz

Reaction score
My truck got the “dog hair” baptism yesterday... things will never be the same...
19a0f84136c3c9da3784961c40b81db7.jpg
That's the absolute BEST baptism to get! ;) When we purchased my wife's Grand Cherokee, our Black Lab baptized the virgin backseat area w/ a nice pile (puddle???) of vomit!!! Thank goodness for the fabric/leather protection that was applied the night before! :cool:

Jeremy47

Reaction score
That's a great upgrade. BUT sadly I had to return mine, because I failed to read the "fine-print": RAM 1500 Crew Cab 2019-Current with a fixed floor OEM console. NOTE: Drilling required. Does not work with the RAM sliding console trays that have lids on the cup holders, as seen on RAM Longhorn and Limited trims.
I've been looking for one for my Limited as well. Stumbled across this one.
I've been trying to find reviews online, but haven't found any yet.

EDIT: I just found a review for a Rebel version.

Last edited:

RickWaz

Reaction score
I've been looking for one for my Limited as well. Stumbled across this one.
I've been trying to find reviews online, but haven't found any yet.

EDIT: I just found a review for a Rebel version.
AWESOME! And except for the odd, console damaging (???) install, it looks to be a quality product for temporary storage of valuables ... AND a Springfield Armory XD(m) .40 S&W!!!

Reverse

Reaction score
AWESOME! And except for the odd, console damaging (???) install, it looks to be a quality product for temporary storage of valuables ... AND a Springfield Armory XD(m) .40 S&W!!!

I installed this in my Limited. Contrary to the install instructions, it is NOT necessary to remove the tabs. The only thing I did was cut the rubber mat that lines the console bottom so it would fit with the Lockerdown and also remove (unclip) the little divider baffle (with the previous generations of the Ram on it). BTW, because the Limited's cupholder tray is bigger, that makes the safe smaller. It fits my VP9 in a small holster and an extra magazine. That's it. Just an FYI.

Baron74

Reaction score
Installed the flowmaster fx muffler and matte black Carven exhaust tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online