5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

mhb1638

Reaction score
Got to admit Talpa, I like that! I did a search under Bold City designs and did not find anything.

hemirob

Reaction score
I installed OEM power steps. They work without the dealer adding the sales code

So I brought the truck to the dealership because when put the truck on the lift to install the boards I noticed the passenger rear shock had leaked out sometime or while on the lift, made an appointment, they verified that it would be warrantied out, and I asked them to add the Sales code for the boards, they came back and said they tried to enter it but it wasn't showing up in the 12" display but that they would try it again when the shock came in.

So after this visit my power folding mirrors ( I added them) stopped functioning (power fold only, the other features still worked).

Dealer called that the shock was in so I made the appt., then when I was taking off to go there, I pulled up the Controls icon and there it was, the "deploy step" button was there. I had a least 3 key cycles in between where it wasn't there. When I got to the dealer I told them that the button was there now so they didn't try to add it again. They installed the new shock and to my "shock" the dealer said that they were not going to charge me for adding the sales code for the boards --lucky day!

So I got home and the grabbed the security gateway bypass module and OBD genie, and reflashed the computer for my power folding mirrors. Just in case anyone goes through the same thing, save your SGBM and the OBD genie in the event the dealer clears your computer .

Attachments

• 20200228_101650.jpg
    20200228_101650.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

19R3B3L

Reaction score
Scotty explains what it does in the video and gives an explanation why it should be installed in some vehicles.

Have you had problems with it during the winter with the freezing temperatures?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Have you had problems with it during the winter with the freezing temperatures?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I (Jako, Scotty post) have not installed a catch can. My neighbor a BMW mechanic said I don't need it, have a life time warranty that I don't feel like having a potential issue and my vehicle will die from cancer (body/frame/parts rot) before a heart attack (motor failure) as I am not a high mileage owner.
I educated myself on the catch can from looking at Fords. Salesman was very good and advised me to buy the V8 if I was a long time owner. I think they were having problems with the turbos also and I was also looking at the VW Tiquan to replace a 1994 Ford Explorer (similar size). I think Scotty explains it pretty well and who should install one.

I think this is similar to the oil change thread - no ones wrong - just what makes you happy/satisfied/comfortable.

Off topic: after the below snow storm, that snarled rush hour traffic, the NYC mayor Dum Blasio (aka failed presidential run) spares no expense on salt. You pray for a heavy rain to clear the streets, sidewalks, cars, houses, everything. I live on a small hill leading into a busy street, my vehicles get a salt dusting for days without rain. Mayors of NYC are scared $hitle$$ of snow storms going back to Mayor Lindsay's debacle. That's another story.

Last edited:

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Scotty explains what it does in the video and gives an explanation why it should be installed in some vehicles.

Wondering minds... So my HEMI dumps copious amounts of intake valve cleaning mid-grade into the thirsty.
Would a Mishimoto actually be beneficial or just cool to have?

Doc33

Reaction score
Wondering minds... So my HEMI dumps copious amounts of intake valve cleaning mid-grade into the thirsty.
Would a Mishimoto actually be beneficial or just cool to have?
Just emptied my Mishimoto after 5000 km and was surprised what came out...approx third of a cup of what looked like chocolate milkshake.

Swag1981

Reaction score
I had the Line X premium installed in my new Laramie Night Edition.

Tomorrow I’ll be getting the front windows tinted to match the back, and adding a sunstrip across the windshield.

Next week I’ll be getting a ceramic coating applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Had a small fender bender which disabled the tailgate
97531d0dbe2b36dea631651336532fb9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread