5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I drove through DFW National Cemetery on Wed. 15MPH speed limit and very somber place to reflect on how blessed we are. For the first time I was also truly thankful that I had not upgraded my exhaust as there were two military services being conducted. Not sure if disrespectful would convey how I'd have felt intruding on that with any more of a rumble.

whmoyers3

Reaction score
Paid to have it painted though.

That looks incredible! Would love more info on how you accomplished this look... also, does it affect any of the blind spot sensors or light output?

Edit: Found the thread you started! Looks so sharp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That looks incredible! Would love more info on how you accomplished this look... also, does it affect any of the blind spot sensors or light output?

Edit: Found the thread you started! Looks so sharp!

Thanks man! No issues with any functionality.

Caballonegro

Reaction score
Can I ask why? I'm getting my coated next week, and everything I read is that you don't need to top coat the ceramic since any other sealant or wax would take away from the ceramic shine. thx
So I watched some videos on reviews on P&S, it doesn't seem to last along time but it seemed to have a better shine and more of a water repellent, than Ceramic coat. I wanted to try it myself and see what my personal experience would be with it. Obviously if I had to pick one or the other I would go Ceramic any day. So It hasn't rained since I put it on so I can't tell you what that would like but so far it seems so much Glossier. So far I like the Combo a lot.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Finally got my new wheels and tires installed. Fuel Rebel in gray, 22x10” -13 offset. Tires are Hankook Dynapro AT2’s in 305/45r22.

I love the new look. They just stick out past the fender. The ride is definitely firmer but it was too soft anyway. I don’t notice any difference in road noise so these are quiet. They were $100 less per tire than the Nitto’s.

f0f932fc1da72984837a00e84d7d7ac8.jpg

4325ff26fff81287ca580d068cb40cc0.jpg

d68eb9f69c0995008dff22d7ac3d7aa0.jpg

a5e359706477e91224585455fe3c8e37.jpg

4ce40dfbf6ce867c0b98886a92bd8e4a.jpg

28006e3bb8a3feabee393dab92820670.jpg

63961a62431b86493011a61755d607de.jpg

Man, that looks amazing. No rubbing?

1stTimeRAM

Reaction score
Finally got my A.R.E. topper after 8+ months of waiting on them to release the CX-REVO. Very pleased with the outcome! While I think the Z2 series is probably a "better" topper, the curved back glass that follows the contour of the tailgate makes this topper an easy choice for me. I also like the one piece frameless windows on the sides and front. Color matches very well - in varying lighting situations, it can be a shade off, but not enough to matter.

View more…

BlckDT

Reaction score
Are those the stock rims? Any rubbing? If stock rims, what lugs did you use and do they cover rim hole completely?
Thx.
Stock rims and no level. Very slight rubbing at full lock. I got the black lugs (no cover) from eBay and they fit properly to the rim. Not sure what you mean about rim hole......

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
Haven’t done it yet, but I’ve bought the premium lights for the front of my truck. This is the one thing I’ve really been lusting after since purchase. It had everything I originally wanted except for the lights. I was blind sighted by the fact that I bought it on my birthday rather than waiting to order one, I drove it off the lot a few short hours later.

Anyway, now I get to install the lights I’ve been wanting for six months, and I’ll enjoy every moment of it. The truck makes me smile every time I see it, so now it’ll just do it even more. :D

Eric56

Reaction score
Stock rims and no level. Very slight rubbing at full lock. I got the black lugs (no cover) from eBay and they fit properly to the rim. Not sure what you mean about rim hole......

Do the lugs have the flange as shown/as on the OEM lugs?

Attachments

• 20190723_203328.jpg
    20190723_203328.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 82

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Do the lugs have the flange as shown/as on the OEM lugs?

I bought Mc Guard black lugs for my stock 22's that had the flange but returned them because their not as big as the factory lug. They exposed the unpainted area around the spot that the lug sits in. The factory lug hides that area better.

Eric56

Reaction score
I bought Mc Guard black lugs for my stock 22's that had the flange but returned them because their not as big as the factory lug. They exposed the unpainted area around the spot that the lug sits in. The factory lug hides that area better.
Same here. Still need to return them. Seen some Ford F150s with black lugs wth the same oem flange, May try dealer.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Same here. Still need to return them. Seen some Ford F150s with black lugs wth the same oem flange, May try dealer.

Had Gorilla lugs on my F150 and their big but had rust issues with two sets. That's why I was going with Mc Gard this time.

rrbhokies

Reaction score
So what happens when you install a Hellwig Sway Bar and a Pedal Commander back to back and take your Ram for a test drive? What are the words that come to mind? Maybe it's .......... Holy F#&*!!!! It's everything that everyone has said that the Hellwig and Pedal Commander would be, and together, they transform my ride to a new level!!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Can I ask why? I'm getting my coated next week, and everything I read is that you don't need to top coat the ceramic since any other sealant or wax would take away from the ceramic shine. thx
It doesn't really hurt, but not needed either, unless it's a specific-SiO
So what happens when you install a Hellwig Sway Bar and a Pedal Commander back to back and take your Ram for a test drive? What are the words that come to mind? Maybe it's .......... Holy F#&*!!!! It's everything that everyone has said that the Hellwig and Pedal Commander would be, and together, they transform my ride to a new level!!
Yep. That about sums it up... :LOL:

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
It doesn't really hurt, but not needed either, unless it's a specific-SiO

Yep. That about sums it up... :LOL:

I have been telling myself nooooo stop it....don't get the pedal commander. Yes I love the Hellwig rear swaybar. Telling myself I don't need to be quicker....then I read this stuff...good gravy ya'll make it hard to stay away from the mods!!!!!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have been telling myself nooooo stop it....don't get the pedal commander. Yes I love the Hellwig rear swaybar. Telling myself I don't need to be quicker....then I read this stuff...good gravy ya'll make it hard to stay away from the mods!!!!!
I know... and of course, we all need a Tazer too it seems.
It never ends... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread