What did you do to your Ram today???

thabiiighomie

Reaction score
Installed my AEM drop in filter and removed the carbon filter from the air box, swapped out my original wipers for Rain-X Latitudes (even though my truck is only 4 months old to me it was made last September so the wipers sitting in Florida Sun just couldn’t hack it), these wipers are much more robust and I am very happy with them so far.

Also just ordered my Hellwig Sway Bar from Amazon. Will be here on Saturday just in time for a nice weekend install.
What’s the purpose of the drop in filter? And removing the carbon filter. Thanks.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What’s the purpose of the drop in filter? And removing the carbon filter. Thanks.
It probably doesn’t do a whole heck of a lot but the filter replaces the stock paper one and allows a little bit better air flow. The stock air box is actually pretty good on these things so I didn’t see the point in spending $300+ on a full intake. The carbon filter is a gimmick and not necessary, it just adds more restrictive force to the intake. It never hurts to allow your engine to breathe easier. For $40 and 5 mins of my time I figured why not, and I’ll never have to change it again.

barakutha

Reaction score
Daystar front spacers came in.. the suspension suspense grows. Also considering the helswig swaybar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: A10

JoeRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes it’s 2 Rows and I spliced it into the cab lights right in the drivers door sill really easy will post pics tonight
@Maric550 Can you share how you accessed the interior wiring for your running board LED's Was there an access from underside to interior door sill? Wire Id's would be great if you have

TruckDriver

Reaction score
needed to figure out a way to mount the iPad to watch movies for them to keep quiet so came up with this on the fly and it worked great
Just came across a video review that says the rear cupholders have a 'tablet slot' in them - can't use the cupholders for, well, cups/bottles at that point, but it holds a tablet widthwise for rear passengers (at a low height)

Ellisstrong

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just came across a video review that says the rear cupholders have a 'tablet slot' in them - can't use the cupholders for, well, cups/bottles at that point, but it holds a tablet widthwise for rear passengers (at a low height)

View attachment 32515
My truck had a flip down center console in the back seat with 2 more cup holders so this would work just fine

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
Got ceramic coating done!

Looks sharp! I had mine done 2 days after taking delivery and love it. Very easy to take care of. Crazy the way water beads off and has a mirror shine!

Attachments

Last edited:

RebelWraith

Reaction score
Samsung S5E 10.5" Tablet fits in there rather nicely. There is a slight tilt to it to make up for the low height.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
looked at it. Love this truck

Yeah I know this is a 1500 posting forum but I have one of those too so this counts

B-Rebel

Reaction score
It’s been a busy week for the Rebel.

New bumper installed Tuesday

Detail and first layer of ceramic coating Wednesday.

Second layer of ceramic coating Thursday. I also wired up my rear cube lights with a trigger controller

Today I had tint installed. 35% front side windows. 20% over factory tint on rear side and back windows.

I’ll post some pictures of the cubes tonight.

Eric82much

Reaction score
Have the truck one week and today had tint (18front/65windsheield/70rear and back) and PPF on hood/fenders/headlights. I would post pics but got home after dark and engine light came on :mad:. Only have 135 miles on it. WTF?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)