5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Gren71

Reaction score
Can the spare aluminum rim be used for longer than the thin wall tractor tire spare?

I have a tire to put on the rim that is better than that crappy spare. But I haven’t yet because I can’t seem to find anything verifying the room itself can be used for more than just short emergency trips. My fear is that I blow a tire while pulling my camper and have to use that rim with a real tire on it for longer than I would like.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can the spare aluminum rim be used for longer than the thin wall tractor tire spare?

I have a tire to put on the rim that is better than that crappy spare. But I haven’t yet because I can’t seem to find anything verifying the room itself can be used for more than just short emergency trips. My fear is that I blow a tire while pulling my camper and have to use that rim with a real tire on it for longer than I would like.
I would think that it being a full size rim/spare that you’d be fine running it an extended amount of time. I have heard of folks stuffing a matching tire under there, up to a 35 but personally cannot confirm. I still have the OEM spare, which is rendered useless at this point with my current setup.
I see crazies running their space saver on the freeway doing 50-60 mph. That’s ridiculous.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
I would think that it being a full size rim/spare that you’d be fine running it an extended amount of time. I have heard of folks stuffing a matching tire under there, up to a 35 but personally cannot confirm. I still have the OEM spare, which is rendered useless at this point with my current setup.
I see crazies running their space saver on the freeway doing 50-60 mph. That’s ridiculous.
Anyone know how wide the spare rim is? Would like to put a 295/70/18 on it to match the rest of the tires on the truck.

JRD

Reaction score
Nice! Don't do resonators. You will kill it completely. I have the Borla S-Type catback, and after 5-years of daily driving with them, I still smile when I step on it. Best mod to my truck, hands down. I will never buy another brand exhaust again. Borla for the win
See that’s kind of how I feel also, it’s surprising how little drone/cabin noise there is when at a steady speed. When I first heard the Cold start I was thinking to myself I just ruined the experience but I do like that when you get on it there’s some oomph behind it.

Morenar

Reaction score
Just went outside and picked mine off the front porch! Got the exact same one. Nice packing, thought I was getting Gold Bars> LOL

Just wanted to ask as I got one also. Is it an eyeglass Bag?????? for the center compartment.

Did You remove the original insert? I tried to leave it in but that was a No Go.
Yes looks to be an sunglass bag. I did not remove my previous insert but I did have to
Make sure the slot on the sktcustoms lined up with the one on the factory one.

JRD

Reaction score
Look what arrived today! Thanks @SKT Customs for keeping me updated on the progress order. Perfect fit. Great product!
Looks killer @SKT Customs have you guys looked into inserts like these for inside the center console? I keep a leatherman in there so I like that middle rectangle one and then maybe something for a spare charger or something idk

@Morenar would you mind posting pics with the lid closed?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

The wheel can be used long term if desired, as long as you have a regular tire on it

Morenar

Reaction score
Looks killer @SKT Customs have you guys looked into inserts like these for inside the center console? I keep a leatherman in there so I like that middle rectangle one and then maybe something for a spare charger or something idk

@Morenar would you mind posting pics with the lid closed?
Sure, it’s dark out so I will take it tomorrow morning.

flying53brian

Reaction score
Installed the @SKT Customs Center Console Switch Panel Mount + Cupholder. Looks OEM and probably my favorite spot I’ve had my Switch Panel by far! Ended up moving my tablet and tablet holder into the new Cupholder and my wife is now super thankful. 🤣 It slides all the way forward and back as well if you want and works with a lockbox if you have one. The cable gets tucked up under the center console with clips provided from SKT, tucked down the left channel where the phone holders/wireless charges are, and goes behind the Screen for a clean looking install.
Does the switch panel just drop in and rest on something or are there mounting tabs? Looks good 👍

SludgyStout

Reaction score
After going back and forth or storage/organizing solutions went with Builtright. Liking the look and was a super easy install.

Matt said the bulkhead is slated by the EOY but the more people that show interest the quicker it might come out.

Attachments

• IMG_5647.jpeg
    IMG_5647.jpeg
    162.8 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_5646.jpeg
    IMG_5646.jpeg
    171.3 KB · Views: 119

Users who are viewing this thread