5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

SShadow1974

Reaction score
So, I just got my tonneau cover and installed it right away. With Christmas just a few days away and an hour long drive to the mother-in-laws with presents, I thought I better get the bed covered. :)
I also took some pics.
1703291475117.png 1703291492876.png 1703291504400.png 1703291514227.png 1703291528380.png 1703291539470.png

SShadow1974

Reaction score

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, I just got my tonneau cover and installed it right away. With Christmas just a few days away and an hour long drive to the mother-in-laws with presents, I thought I better get the bed covered. :)
I also took some pics.
lol, I’m scrolling through your pictures going “floor mat, floor mat, floor mat, I don’t think this guy knows what the word tonneau means”. Then I found the tonneau pic.

W Six

Reaction score
Made an appointment at the dealership because the Auto stop/start warning popped up again while on the road.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds you like you are easily persuaded, my friend.... Care to take my Yugo for a spin?? :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO:
you know what... i don't mind adding a piece of history in my collection especially how hated it was. but that's gotta wait though, i need more parking space LOL

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
nothing much today.
just removed the camping gears from the truck to prepare for play in the desert tomorrow due to tie down anchors for the camping gears haven't arrive yet. I've Tetris everything in the cab before and that worked fine even as I did high speed but I'm in the process of moving everything to the camper, so can't really play Tetris anymore.

doing the Dodge Truck Extreme (DTX) Mojave 125 route again, this will be the third time in 3 years. It is basically running 125 miles of Mojave desert in less than a day. With those fully built DTX guys (think Carli Dominator kits on HDs with special shock tuning and stuff) they can get it done in a few hours (they go really high speed) while for us with less built trucks we take about 5-6 hours depends on how many times we stop.

I'll be taking it slow tomorrow since we have first time offroaders and some less modded vehicles with us. I'll also probably be the tailgunner again but trying not to due to some folks don't have rear facing amber location indicators. I do have the mobile radio so maybe I'll have to be the tailgunner for maximum radio transmission coverage. We'll see.

First year I did it was in 2020 with the DTX guys. I was in my 4Runner with Bilstein 5100s. I did it in about 5 hours following the slow group, only came home with blown shocks (hence why I say if you do any higher speed offroading in the desert only King and Fox 2.5 are the only options)
Second year I did it was in 2021. This time I had Kings on my 4Runner with properly rated springs for the weight I was carrying (bumper, drawer, camping gears, etc). Second time was a lot more pleasant. I skipped 2022 because I had sold my 4Runner and was waiting for the Rebel, so got no truck to go with.

This time I'll be testing to see how the truck performs with nearly 500lb in the bed and the Fox 2.5, tackling this route that has gotten worse for sure.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had a similar offset on my Laramie and even with the Husky mud guards, the tires flung crap all over the paint. That's part of the reason I bought a set of Rebel wheel/tires for winter.

View attachment 173107
That looks pretty close to my poke. I don't really want my splash guards to stick out any further, guess I'll see how it goes soon enough - it rained all last night, and I need to run some errands today.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Added some bedside graphics. Kinda strange to me the Rebels didn’t come with this from the factory. Literally every other brand does bedside graphics. Even Ram does them with ORG on some trims.
It's funny that you added them, it seems stickers are a polarizing topic. I used to dislike them, but I find that they break up the field of gray on my truck just enough, so I actually prefer them right now

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
nothing much today.
just removed the camping gears from the truck to prepare for play in the desert tomorrow due to tie down anchors for the camping gears haven't arrive yet. I've Tetris everything in the cab before and that worked fine even as I did high speed but I'm in the process of moving everything to the camper, so can't really play Tetris anymore.

doing the Dodge Truck Extreme (DTX) Mojave 125 route again, this will be the third time in 3 years. It is basically running 125 miles of Mojave desert in less than a day. With those fully built DTX guys (think Carli Dominator kits on HDs with special shock tuning and stuff) they can get it done in a few hours (they go really high speed) while for us with less built trucks we take about 5-6 hours depends on how many times we stop.

I'll be taking it slow tomorrow since we have first time offroaders and some less modded vehicles with us. I'll also probably be the tailgunner again but trying not to due to some folks don't have rear facing amber location indicators. I do have the mobile radio so maybe I'll have to be the tailgunner for maximum radio transmission coverage. We'll see.

First year I did it was in 2020 with the DTX guys. I was in my 4Runner with Bilstein 5100s. I did it in about 5 hours following the slow group, only came home with blown shocks (hence why I say if you do any higher speed offroading in the desert only King and Fox 2.5 are the only options)
Second year I did it was in 2021. This time I had Kings on my 4Runner with properly rated springs for the weight I was carrying (bumper, drawer, camping gears, etc). Second time was a lot more pleasant. I skipped 2022 because I had sold my 4Runner and was waiting for the Rebel, so got no truck to go with.

This time I'll be testing to see how the truck performs with nearly 500lb in the bed and the Fox 2.5, tackling this route that has gotten worse for sure.
This sounds like so much fun. I'd obviously need to go really slow or upgrade my shocks/struts. I envy all the over landing and offloading you do

JOzzz

Reaction score
This sounds like so much fun. I'd obviously need to go really slow or upgrade my shocks/struts. I envy all the over landing and offloading you do

Agree! We did a 40 mile trail in Moab that really wet my appetite. I’d love to do a long run like that one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agree! We did a 40 mile trail in Moab that really wet my appetite. I’d love to do a long run like that one day.

We went to Moab once with a group of Jeep club members. I always wheel with no top or doors to minimize damage if I rub against a tree, boulder etc. since I am a fan of the hard/technical stuff. No top or doors was a huge mistake in Moab. It was miserably hot and extremely dusty. I learned my lesson to leave that idea for Oklahoma, Arkansas, Colorado, etc. We got on a “trail” one day and the “leader” got lost and I think he kept it to himself. We wheeled for hours until we started to question where we were. We eventually got out, but that trail, wherever it may be will always be called the “Lost Texan Trail”. Beautiful place though. This pic was taken on a narrow canyon ridge drive. I believe this was Hey Joe canyon.

heyjoecanyon.jpeg

SShadow1974

Reaction score
Installed a cheap seat cover on the drivers side just to test heating/cooling.
Installed rubber door trim on the outside edges of the doors to help prevent door dings.
Installed my old steering wheel cover to test the heat from the heated steering wheel.
Installed a USB C AC adapter to run my wireless charger (and it seems to work fine that way.)

I have my Westin HDX drop step running boards... Just got to install them. Slowly getting the accessories on the truck I want! :) It's a labour of love.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
We went to Moab once with a group of Jeep club members. I always wheel with no top or doors to minimize damage if I rub against a tree, boulder etc. since I am a fan of the hard/technical stuff. No top or doors was a huge mistake in Moab. It was miserably hot and extremely dusty. I learned my lesson to leave that idea for Oklahoma, Arkansas, Colorado, etc. We got on a “trail” one day and the “leader” got lost and I think he kept it to himself. We wheeled for hours until we started to question where we were. We eventually got out, but that trail, wherever it may be will always be called the “Lost Texan Trail”. Beautiful place though. This pic was taken on a narrow canyon ridge drive. I believe this was Hey Joe canyon.

View attachment 173152

Technical like this? These guys are nuts IMO. The TRX is a lot more capable than I ever imagined.

JOzzz

Reaction score

View attachment 173152

Nice! It was awesome out there for sure.
2984aa19a4774db9e5e8e4c0432dfa2c.jpg

Some of the switchbacks were tight in the Rebel. Now I know why so many 2 dr Jeeps were out there.

SShadow1974

Reaction score
Installed a cheap seat cover on the drivers side just to test heating/cooling.
Installed rubber door trim on the outside edges of the doors to help prevent door dings.
Installed my old steering wheel cover to test the heat from the heated steering wheel.
Installed a USB C AC adapter to run my wireless charger (and it seems to work fine that way.)

I have my Westin HDX drop step running boards... Just got to install them. Slowly getting the accessories on the truck I want! :) It's a labour of love.
So, the heated and cooling still works with the current seat covers I have. Cheap Seat Covers
The steering wheel cover still lets heat through, mind you it takes longer and doesn't feel quite as hot... But I don't need hot, I just don't want cold. Steering wheel cover I wouldn't necessarily buy this one, if you are looking. I bought it in March and it's already cracked and uncomfortable to hold. What I am going to order is this one SEG Steering Wheel Cover and see if it lasts any longer.

So I installed the passenger seat cover and then the Husky tailgate protector.

Now I'm considering going to a carwash. It rained yesterday and the truck is dirty. In the warmer months I would do it by hand... But it's cool and I'm lazy.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, the heated and cooling still works with the current seat covers I have. Cheap Seat Covers
The steering wheel cover still lets heat through, mind you it takes longer and doesn't feel quite as hot... But I don't need hot, I just don't want cold. Steering wheel cover I wouldn't necessarily buy this one, if you are looking. I bought it in March and it's already cracked and uncomfortable to hold. What I am going to order is this one SEG Steering Wheel Cover and see if it lasts any longer.

So I installed the passenger seat cover and then the Husky tailgate protector.

Now I'm considering going to a carwash. It rained yesterday and the truck is dirty. In the warmer months I would do it by hand... But it's cool and I'm lazy.
Damn canucks. Can't see the Amazon links without changing my country to Canada, and it's a PITA to switch it back. Done it before.

SShadow1974

Reaction score
Damn canucks. Can't see the Amazon links without changing my country to Canada, and it's a PITA to switch it back. Done it before.
Sorry... When I click .COM Amazon links, it will open. Weird that it doesn't work the other way around.

Users who are viewing this thread