5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry... When I click .COM Amazon links, it will open. Weird that it doesn't work the other way around.
If I open in.l browser it works. I'm using the Dodge version of this on my 00 Dakota. Granted I havent driven it in almost four years, and it wasn't a daily driver before that, but it still looks good.

Plasticolor 006697R25 Ram Deluxe Elite Steering Wheel Cover - Gray Logo https://a.co/d/3kINmyI

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Technical like this? These guys are nuts IMO. The TRX is a lot more capable than I ever imagined.

Yes. I love that stuff. Very steep and lots of large boulders to navigate over. We went up Potato Salad Hill as well. That….was…..scary. At one point, I actually felt the front end get light.

2008MoabJeepTrip094.jpeg moabrim.jpeg

These are pics from Arkansas and Oklahoma. Unfortunately, pics do not interpret how steep this stuff really is.
JeepWater1.jpeg JeepWater2.jpeg Climb.jpeg hotsprings-2.jpeg

Last edited:

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, the heated and cooling still works with the current seat covers I have. Cheap Seat Covers
The steering wheel cover still lets heat through, mind you it takes longer and doesn't feel quite as hot... But I don't need hot, I just don't want cold. Steering wheel cover I wouldn't necessarily buy this one, if you are looking. I bought it in March and it's already cracked and uncomfortable to hold. What I am going to order is this one SEG Steering Wheel Cover and see if it lasts any longer.

So I installed the passenger seat cover and then the Husky tailgate protector.

Now I'm considering going to a carwash. It rained yesterday and the truck is dirty. In the warmer months I would do it by hand... But it's cool and I'm lazy.

So you’re paying all this money for a new ram just to save the interior for the future new owner to enjoy? I get the seat cover if you using it for something that can destroy them ( I use one during the work week for this reason), but a steering wheel cover.. cmon whats next.. plastic over your rubber mats, dash cover etc. most of this items will wear well as long as your not just careless about it. Steering wheel oem replacement is rather cheap if you have to replace one down the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Adjutant

Reaction score
Yep. I had them in my Laramie and put a set in my TRX. They are nearly invisible and have held up really well. I actually bought the set for the TRX on eBay, for about $10 less, but eBay seems to be down right now.

View attachment 173117 View attachment 173118
Just ordered these! Thanks. Right now, this area is pristine on my truck. However, with 2 boys doing all sorts of sports, cleats, bags, and backpacks get dragged in all the time

Adjutant

Reaction score
We went to Moab once with a group of Jeep club members. I always wheel with no top or doors to minimize damage if I rub against a tree, boulder etc. since I am a fan of the hard/technical stuff. No top or doors was a huge mistake in Moab. It was miserably hot and extremely dusty. I learned my lesson to leave that idea for Oklahoma, Arkansas, Colorado, etc. We got on a “trail” one day and the “leader” got lost and I think he kept it to himself. We wheeled for hours until we started to question where we were. We eventually got out, but that trail, wherever it may be will always be called the “Lost Texan Trail”. Beautiful place though. This pic was taken on a narrow canyon ridge drive. I believe this was Hey Joe canyon.

View attachment 173152
UGH! Screw that! Heights mess me up. Legs and taint get electric tingles

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just ordered these! Thanks. Right now, this area is pristine on my truck. However, with 2 boys doing all sorts of sports, cleats, bags, and backpacks get dragged in all the time

Just a heads up. They are not difficult to install, but they are time consuming if you want them to be perfect... meaning bubble free. I installed them wet, using a hairdryer to get them to adhere to the creases in the thresholds.

Adjutant

Reaction score
Just a heads up. They are not difficult to install, but they are time consuming if you want them to be perfect... meaning bubble free. I installed them wet, using a hairdryer to get them to adhere to the creases in the thresholds.
Thanks man. Unfortunately, attention to detail isnt my strong suit. But, Ill take it slow with these. Id hate for them to be "off kilter" even if that are clear and hard to see

SShadow1974

Reaction score
So you’re paying all this money for a new ram just to save the interior for the future new owner to enjoy? I get the seat cover if you using it for something that can destroy them ( I use one during the work week for this reason), but a steering wheel cover.. cmon whats next.. plastic over your rubber mats, dash cover etc. most of this items will wear well as long as your not just careless about it. Steering wheel oem replacement is rather cheap if you have to replace one down the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Actually, I have really big hands and I prefer the grip I get with a larger steering wheel. And, yes, ensuring that I get at least the life of my truck payments out of it is a good thing, in my eyes. You said it yourself "paying all this money"... yeah, exactly.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Actually, I have really big hands and I prefer the grip I get with a larger steering wheel. And, yes, ensuring that I get at least the life of my truck payments out of it is a good thing, in my eyes. You said it yourself "paying all this money"... yeah, exactly.
FYI an OEM replacement wheel only costs around $80 getting it directly from the dealership depending if you have a heated one or not.
I upgraded to an TRX wheel, it's quite a bit thicker then the one my Limited came with and a slightly differnet shape on the sides.

SShadow1974

Reaction score
FYI an OEM replacement wheel only costs around $80 getting it directly from the dealership depending if you have a heated one or not.
I upgraded to an TRX wheel, it's quite a bit thicker then the one my Limited came with and a slightly differnet shape on the sides.
$80US, probably... Which is probably $150CDN here. Then there is the annoyance of having to swap it. Just as easy to spent $30CDN for a steering wheel cover and not worry about it futher. :)

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This sounds like so much fun. I'd obviously need to go really slow or upgrade my shocks/struts. I envy all the over landing and offloading you do
thanks!
we got a stock Rebel came out with us today. Bone stock. Only thing added was the RCI skid plates. No sending for him but guy got hooked lol now he wants to do suspension after bottoming out a few times.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We went to Moab once with a group of Jeep club members. I always wheel with no top or doors to minimize damage if I rub against a tree, boulder etc. since I am a fan of the hard/technical stuff. No top or doors was a huge mistake in Moab. It was miserably hot and extremely dusty. I learned my lesson to leave that idea for Oklahoma, Arkansas, Colorado, etc. We got on a “trail” one day and the “leader” got lost and I think he kept it to himself. We wheeled for hours until we started to question where we were. We eventually got out, but that trail, wherever it may be will always be called the “Lost Texan Trail”. Beautiful place though. This pic was taken on a narrow canyon ridge drive. I believe this was Hey Joe canyon.

View attachment 173152
I had my share of harder/ more technical stuff when I had the 4Runner, then I realized I'm not a big fan of off-camber lol.
but still I want to get myself a beater Jeep later down the line to do crawling/ technical stuff, one that I can rub against obstacles and f*ck it up that I won't care about. Until then, it's higher (not high, but highER) speed desert runs and camping for me so I break the least amount of things possible lol

edit: since we sharing stuff we've done before:
1703392777077.png
Black Bear Pass July 2021. Yes the pass. side rear tire was that high off the ground.
1703392899364.png
Pismo Beach 2021. Lost momentum going up the dune and no amount of throttle input can get me going. Picture is NOT tilted. This is when I decided off-camber is not my thing anymore.
1703393339617.png
Some time in 2021 when I was rolling around on blown Bilsteins 5100 lol
1703393478217.png
Shafer Trail, Canyonland, Moab. Sept 2020.
Solo run: one man, one rig, no backups.
1703393524401.png
White Rim Trail, Canyonland, Moab. Sept. 2020
Alone but not lonely.
1703393653391.png
Reward Mine, Oct 2020.
The one and only time I made it in. After RTT went on no more. Now with the Rebel... don't even think about it.

Last edited:

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally found some time to install my Trinity tuner, should’ve done this 50k miles ago! For those who are considering tuning there trucks, I try to cover the entire process from when you buy the tuner, swapping PCM’s, finishing with the install.

Super easy process and can be knocked out in under an hour.

Merry Christmas and Happy new year Ram fam!

Fbird

Reaction score
Patiently waiting for my Ram to get out of body shop JAIL. So 1 week after getting in my RAM a crazy Karen comes over and rubbs my fender and bumper..nothing BAD but WTF (RAM was NOT lifted at that time) Then as I had alot of things more important going on....i finally contact shop about doing the work. 2 month wait. OK. About 2 weeks later a field rat (deer) runs into the side denting up BOTH driver doors, again NOTHING rel bad but you know body shops they don't/cant fix anything so they must reskin the doors. Finally truck is in shop and almost done. 2 more weeks of the rental FORD truck then FINALLY able to get MY truck back ALL good to go (almost).

Users who are viewing this thread