5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So far so good. It's a little louder than stock, but nice deep rumble at idle and acceleration. Little bit of drone when MDS kicks in but it's not unbearable. Probably gonna run the resonators for awhile and swap out to the 5" tips here before too long.
Awesome!!

R.Duff

Reaction score
iirc you can't use that on pavement. or at least in commiefornia that's the case. Anything above headlight needs to be covered while on pavement.
i'd put a switch on the power wire of the light bar so you can turn it off while on road.

otherwise it's a

iirc you can't use that on pavement. or at least in commiefornia that's the case. Anything above headlight needs to be covered while on pavement.
i'd put a switch on the power wire of the light bar so you can turn it off while on road.

otherwise it's a good setup!
The 3 way toggle switch functions as a power switch too, So can turn it off. Bunch of people here in BC run those putco/ other brands tailgate led strips on their racks. As a few people I know got tickets for covering their 3rd brake light. I guess I'll find out. 🤣.

I think here as long as your switch for the light bar/ pods lights up to tell you it's on you don't have to cover them. But I'll have to check on that.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't believe how often I see people running around on the highway or even in town with front light bars on around here. Saw an old Toyota car the other day with one bolted very poorly to the hood, and no headlights...

If that were me they would have impounded my truck.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't believe how often I see people running around on the highway or even in town with front light bars on around here. Saw an old Toyota car the other day with one bolted very poorly to the hood, and no headlights...

I live in a big atv / side by side area, and they have been cracking down on it quite a bit. We have a program that allows using them on some township roads, and the police want all light bars covered unless off road. If no covers are available, they want them covered at least with blue painters tape or equivalent ha.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't do anything to my truck today other than go get coffee... However, last Friday, my neighbor helped me pull my tent off, because I still haven't rigged up my lift. It's like driving a new truck. No flapping cover noise and I can see out the back window. Plus, I know it's just my brain, but the truck just seems more nimble and easier to get around.

Been driving 700 miles to Texas every weekend in the Malibu. It does great on gas, but the Texas roads just beat the crap out of me and the car. Took the truck last weekend, and just fell in love with it all over again. I kept waiting for the roads to beat me up, but the trip was over before I knew it.

And I'm trying hard to resist a new exhaust, wheels and tires. I have old projects that could benefit from that money... I actually went looking for a GT to listen to the exhaust, but couldn't find any. I want a little more rumble, but not much. My kids won't ride in my Plymouth till I tame it down some.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't do anything to my truck today other than go get coffee... However, last Friday, my neighbor helped me pull my tent off, because I still haven't rigged up my lift. It's like driving a new truck. No flapping cover noise and I can see out the back window. Plus, I know it's just my brain, but the truck just seems more nimble and easier to get around.

Been driving 700 miles to Texas every weekend in the Malibu. It does great on gas, but the Texas roads just beat the crap out of me and the car. Took the truck last weekend, and just fell in love with it all over again. I kept waiting for the roads to beat me up, but the trip was over before I knew it.

And I'm trying hard to resist a new exhaust, wheels and tires. I have old projects that could benefit from that money... I actually went looking for a GT to listen to the exhaust, but couldn't find any. I want a little more rumble, but not much. My kids won't ride in my Plymouth till I tame it down some.
coming into the forum won't do you any good in trying to resist - you must give in and post pictures and sound clip

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 3 way toggle switch functions as a power switch too, So can turn it off. Bunch of people here in BC run those putco/ other brands tailgate led strips on their racks. As a few people I know got tickets for covering their 3rd brake light. I guess I'll find out. 🤣.

I think here as long as your switch for the light bar/ pods lights up to tell you it's on you don't have to cover them. But I'll have to check on that.
nice! but yeah always check the local law... all it takes is one cop not having a good day... i mean, it's a ticketable offense but most of the time cops don't care. but it just take one guy who's not having a good day or needs to fill his quota (highway patrol, looking at ya) to stop you and harass you for all the mods.

down here in the USA you're not supposed to cover your third brake light, federally. so i added a small red LED light bar that RV/ Trailers use as brake lights to my rack. never had an issue with the local 5-0s

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score

oh yeah... them toyota boys.
no power so gotta shine bright to compensate.

and yes, i came from toyota world lol but i don't pull that crap

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thru in an extra hidden switch for my 4 KC Daylighters (385K candle power each) mounted to
a Bar on my '70 BAJA Bug. I just showed the Cop they we not hooked up. But reach under the
Dash and flip the extra switch and they worked. I liked playing the game of who had the
brighter High Beams with oncoming Traffic.

Never lost that game!

Malodave

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thru in an extra hidden switch for my 4 KC Daylighters (385K candle power each) mounted to
a Bar on my '70 BAJA Bug. I just showed the Cop they we not hooked up. But reach under the
Dash and flip the extra switch and they worked. I liked playing the game of who had the
brighter High Beams with oncoming Traffic.

Never lost that game!

Malodave
And that would be "I threw". Thru is a nonstandard spelling of "through":p

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gave her a much needed hand wash this morning.

These Gyeon products are pretty awesome, Wet Coat especially. Went from hardly any beading, to instant beading. Once I run out of the current other products I have I’ll have to switch to more Gyeon stuff.

View attachment 162819 View attachment 162820 View attachment 162821 View attachment 162822 View attachment 162823 View attachment 162824 View attachment 162825
I’ve been curious about that wet coat I seen it on pan the organizers YouTube and he swears by it. I currently use griots ceramic spray and it works really good.

TyH2009

Reaction score
I’ve been curious about that wet coat I seen it on pan the organizers YouTube and he swears by it. I currently use griots ceramic spray and it works really good.
It’s pretty awesome. I watched YouTube vids on it and works exactly like advised. Curious how long it’ll hold up. I need to do a sealant on it, just been too busy. I just did my wife’s Tahoe with Turtle Wax Seal n Shine which is amazing especially for the price. Once I use up the rest of it, and some of my other detailing products I’m going to invest in more Gyeon stuff.

IMG_4821.jpeg IMG_4824.jpeg

O'Town Ram

I know less and less about more and more
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got my hood badges in from Jeremy at Retroshop, He did a fantastic job. Just wanted to take a little of the chrome away but not go blacked out.
He body painted the bezel. I really like the look. Too hot to put them in now. It will be the mornings project. BADGES.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/