5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You robbed the boy of a valuable lesson right there, and shot yourself in the foot at the same time.

You should have given him a $200 discount on the price of the car and let him recondition his own wheels. It's a part of vehicle ownership.

Now you've spent $1000 only for him to buy a new set of rims in 2 months time (like we all did as young boys).
My 00 Dakota was the first vehicle I ever bought different wheels for, and I had owned it for over 10 years at that point. For the most part I like the factory wheels and don't see a need to change them.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My wife’s 20” rims with 40 series tires on her car still look brand new 7 years later. I’m very surprised. Not much sidewall there.😲

0C628243-9A3A-4C07-9E10-670540AAF46D.png

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 00 Dakota was the first vehicle I ever bought different wheels for, and I had owned it for over 10 years at that point. For the most part I like the factory wheels and don't see a need to change them.

I changed the wheels on my '19 from 22" to 20". Part of that was to get tires with a taller sidewall, to help with preventing curb rash.

But, the other part is/was that 20" tires are (or were, anyway) SO much less expensive than 22" tires.

It cost me a couple hundred bucks more to buy 20" wheels with new tires mounted than to just buy 22" tires. But, I've bought new tires at least 2 times since then. The savings on 20" vs 22" has more than paid for the wheels at this point.

They look better, they work better, and they are saving me money. I like the look of the stock wheels that came on my Limited, but I like my aftermarket wheels better.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wife’s 20” rims with 40 series tires on her car still look brand new 7 years later. I’m very surprised. Not much sidewall there.😲

View attachment 156969
The Mrs. and I are quasi shopping new suv's. One that we have an eye on has 21 inch 45 series tires. Looks great, but in the back of my mind I can only picture pa/ny potholes, and the sticker price to replace.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love the look of my factory wheels. I just don't like the tucked in offset and only 8" wide. 🙁 my curbed mine the one time she drove it. Scuffed the sidewall a little.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
4 wheel drive pickups with 22" wheels and low profile tires is just a frickin' dumb idea! Whoever at RAM made that decision ought to be sacked.

I rashed a wheel on my '19, so it's not ONLY women drivers... LOL

When it was time for new tires, I bought 20" wheels with new, slightly taller, tires and it was only a couple hundred bucks more than just buying 22" tires for the stock rims. No more curb rash.

When I traded my '19 in, I put the original wheels/tires back on and kept my 20" wheels and tires. When my '21 stock tires were getting sorta close to needing to be replaced, I just swapped everything around again, so I have my nice 20" wheels on my truck and the stock '21 wheels/tires are stashed and ready to go back on whenever I eventually trade my '21 in.

22" wheels and low profile tires on a 4x4. *snort*
I rented a Nissan Ultima on vacation...needed something small and easy to park in and around Florida. Hands down the worst driving experience ever. Low profile tires that I scraped the **** out of! I was fully expecting a bill in the mail to pay for those rims...what a nightmare. I said I can't believe people pay mo ey to actually own this car!!

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't believe people pay mo ey to actually own this car!!
I rented an Altima last week on a work trip myself, and had the same thought. What a freakin' pile that thing was! 90's Nissan couldn't loose. I'd wager current Nissan wont be around in 5 years.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Let the wife drive the truck for the first time 😢

View attachment 156768

Actually, that's a pretty easy fix. I had a similar rash caused by an idiot on my side of the road at Costco and rubbed a curb so he didn't hit me

I bought a right angle grinder and some 600 grit sanding disks

Took about 5 min to fix, just need to polish the wheel now

Originally it looked similar to yours but the damage was longer.
This is all that's left now, a few minutes with the buffer wheel and metal polish and it'll look good as new
20230420_175237.jpg

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damn, what'd she rub up against a 2 foot tall wall?
My wifes rashed all 4 the the wheels on her XF. Every time I washed the car I found new sh**; I stopped washing the car
So she was taking the twins for a hair cut and the shop has a very high curb, about a foot and half, and its painted red for no parking, she said she was just going around the corner to find another spot when she hit the curb. The funny thing is, this Yukon has 6 cameras with damn near 20 different views(GMC actually has one of the best 360 camera systems) , you can even zoom in on the wheel! So in theory she should have all the visibility she needs.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I rented a Nissan Ultima on vacation...needed something small and easy to park in and around Florida. Hands down the worst driving experience ever. Low profile tires that I scraped the **** out of! I was fully expecting a bill in the mail to pay for those rims...what a nightmare. I said I can't believe people pay mo ey to actually own this car!!
Years ago I had an Altima rental while my Chrysler 200 was being repaired and I thought the same thing, what a POS! To this day I don't understand what people see in that car.

Last edited:

familywagon

Reaction score
Did some 5” tips and 18” magnaflow.

Low mellow rumble on acceleration. Sounds stock while cruising. Haven’t noticed any drone yet.

Hoping it breaks in and gets a tad louder. It is on the quiet side, but I played it safe. I didn’t want loud.

Attachments

• 59E52F08-FEFF-4304-9881-8D64DC9DED9E.jpeg
    59E52F08-FEFF-4304-9881-8D64DC9DED9E.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 97
  • D5E582D8-A5F5-484C-9D4F-99D842C467D8.jpeg
    D5E582D8-A5F5-484C-9D4F-99D842C467D8.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 97

Users who are viewing this thread