5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hahaha I appreciate it man. My style has just kinda changed. I still like the 20s, but I got some 18x9s and some bigger tires on the way that fit the look I’m going for a little better👍🏼Gonna be sad when I sell them though. These method 20x10s are discontinued & out of stock so once they’re gone they’re gone for good :/
You do you bro.

But I'm pretty sure it will not top what u got going on already!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck is at the dealer still, so I had to work on a truck related project instead.

I re-built a battery box I use to run a fridge, lights, air compressor, electric heating pad for my tent, and other stuff when camping with my Ram. I first put everything together in a Craftsman plastic tool box, but I wanted to fit it into a smaller box.

View attachment 149535 View attachment 149541

These Front Runner Wolfpack Pro cases are perfect in that they are just the right height to fit under the canister of my Retrax bed over. So, when I fill up the truck for a weeks long trip like I did this past summer, the battery isn’t taking up as much useful space.

I’ve got a 24V 50Ah LiFePO4 battery, a 13.8V regulated buck converter for 12V power needs, a Victron SmartShunt which lets me monitor the battery from my phone, along with fuses and a circuit breaker that lets me turn everything off.

I use Anderson connectors for high amperage output, as well as for charging from solar or a AC/DC battery charger. The blue Anderson connectors are for 24V, grey for 12V. Blue mates with blue, and grey with grey, so I can’t accidentally mix them up.

I’ve also got Anderson PowerPole connectors (the smaller red and black connectors) for connecting things like my fridge.

Things I added to this box that I didn’t have before are a temperature monitor (that’s the thing with the LCD ancreen) and a fan. The fan will kick in when the temperature reaches a threshold set via the monitor.

Yes, the wiring could be a lot neater, and some runs are longer than they need to be. I may clean that up one day.

Weight of the box is 41 pounds.

The solar charger controller is not in the box. It’s mounted to the side of the bed, and connects to the battery via either of the blue Anderson connectors. I’ve got two 175W solar ones, and in the Rockies, they produced around 400W of power on a cold, sunny day. (100-200W is much more typical, however). At 200W, that would recharge my battery from dead in about six hours.

I’m looking forward to getting my truck back, finishing up a bit more lights on my bed rack, and having adventures instead of just thinking about them.
looks really sweet!
I'm a sucker for good and innovative 12v applications and this gave me some ideas when I am not lazy enough to redo my bed power distribution center lol

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are days when I'd ask myself, "do I really need to have a truck?".

And then something similar to your good luck happens making me damn glad that I have one.

Usually it's me happening upon a killer deal at Costco tho. 😀
I couldn’t live without a truck. Especially with my buying and selling hobby. My daughter even got me a T-shirt made cause I’m always “Wheelin and Dealin” on something!
Lately it’s been boats all 3 seasons and snowblowers in the winter. Couldn’t do that with any other vehicle. Well….a guy can make anything work I guess, but why would you when you can do it with a RAM!!!

B46C81DB-61C6-4E31-81E6-948547592CA8.jpeg
1CEC878E-B946-49F4-B27A-B18E52197BDC.jpeg
AC21C364-21F7-4EC2-ACD8-2DEDECDED30E.jpeg

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I couldn’t live without a truck. Especially with my buying and selling hobby. My daughter even got me a T-shirt made cause I’m always “Wheelin and Dealin” on something!
Lately it’s been boats all 3 seasons and snowblowers in the winter. Couldn’t do that with any other vehicle. Well….a guy can make anything work I guess, but why would you when you can do it with a RAM!!!

View attachment 149592
View attachment 149593
View attachment 149594
So you were the guy sucking up all the deals on snow blowers?

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hahaha I appreciate it man. My style has just kinda changed. I still like the 20s, but I got some 18x9s and some bigger tires on the way that fit the look I’m going for a little better👍🏼Gonna be sad when I sell them though. These method 20x10s are discontinued & out of stock so once they’re gone they’re gone for good :/

18's are gonna look real beefy with 37's!!

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So you were the guy sucking up all the deals on snow blowers?
I scour Marketplace and other sites. I belong to about 24 of them. You gotta be fast to get a deal for sure. Many snowblowers require some work as most people haven’t got a clue how to maintain them or fix them when they screw them up. I never started out being a “snowblower guy” but it seems I have a following now and people asking. Need one? I have 3 for sale take your pick. LOL
EBF419D2-752E-44FF-B5CE-F355BAC758EA.jpeg FAF8F407-2A68-4129-9019-19BFC66DFA97.jpeg
74BB0B2E-0FA3-4043-A7C0-DA4CDF8E05AF.jpeg

U

User_63152

You guys are a bad influence. I got the grey AJT Design Injection Fob. It is definitely lighter, and a tad skinnier, than the stock one. I like it. Don't really need the spare key, I guess, so I left it alone.

Attachments

• IMG_3656.jpg
    IMG_3656.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_3657.jpg
    IMG_3657.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 96

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I think he's getting 38's. :oops:
38s were the plan, but I measured them & 38s were only 5/8” taller than 37s and a lot harder to find + more expensive. BUT, I’m shocked at how much taller these 37x13.50r18s are compared to my 37x12.50r20s😯 granted my current ones have the weight of the truck on them, but still…

Attachments

• 1B1F95A1-F325-4812-8944-18CA163CB59E.jpeg
    1B1F95A1-F325-4812-8944-18CA163CB59E.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 91
U

User_63152

I scour Marketplace and other sites. I belong to about 24 of them. You gotta be fast to get a deal for sure. Many snowblowers require some work as most people haven’t got a clue how to maintain them or fix them when they screw them up. I never started out being a “snowblower guy” but it seems I have a following now and people asking. Need one? I have 3 for sale take your pick. LOL
View attachment 149596 View attachment 149597
View attachment 149598
Is that a ST227P on top? I have that same blower. Different year, though. Mine is a 2014, I think. Got it used. LOL

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is that a ST227P on top? I have that same blower. Different year, though. Mine is a 2014, I think. Got it used. LOL
Nope it’s a 2014 Husqvarna 1830 HV. 414cc rated at 12.2 hp and 18.5 FPT.
It’s a big one! The ST’s were the next generation newer model. A little lighter duty and smaller engine, but Husqvarna makes a pretty good machine no matter which one.
I keep this black one for myself. It’s a 34” Craftsman 420cc. It’s a powerful Beast” and one of the largest you can get without going to dual wheel axel.
I just added chains this one this winter.

1E70E8EE-157F-43A9-BC32-9B49C2A6130B.jpeg

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't wait for my kids to get older.....and for my wife to stop caring about my safety. 😒
and that's the reason I stay single lol
I go when I want, where I want, and with who I want. No need to check the S/O or family's schedule and definitely no permission/ hall pass needed.
If i was married/ in a relationship there would be no way that I finish my build with my spec within month and half after taking delivery of the truck lol

but i heard having kids and watch them grow up is fulfilling sometimes too.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
and that's the reason I stay single lol
I go when I want, where I want, and with who I want. No need to check the S/O or family's schedule and definitely no permission/ hall pass needed.
If i was married/ in a relationship there would be no way that I finish my build with my spec within month and half after taking delivery of the truck lol

but i heard having kids and watch them grow up is fulfilling sometimes too.
lol it is, enjoy your free time :)

Users who are viewing this thread