5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Because it was not a hard enough hit and the sensors did get set off. Probably just to each side of the biggest indentation. Notice the side of the bumper hardly moved, at all. Guessing, at moment of impact, speed was 15mph or lower, or the sensors themselves detected it as such.

Anything over 15mph, they go off or are supposed to, last I knew.
Called the 5/15 mph Bumper, back in the day. speeds of 5mph or less,no damage should be detected on vehcile, over 15mph, bags deploy and fuel shuts off.
There is no pre-programmed speed that will set off airbags. It's not that simple.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fair.

The engine did shut down on its own, but I am sure I was going faster than 15mph so that part is a little fuzzy for me.

Thanks for the learning though.

I’m just curious if you have the emergency front braking assist option on your truck. I’m guessing not, but wanted to ask anyway in the event that it didn’t function. Sorry about your truck & hope everyone’s ok man. 🙏🏽

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tried out a new car wash that opened today and afterwards noticed this on the passenger door trim and taillight. I originally thought it was just dented, but after looking closer it seems like something melted. Looked at pictures I took of the truck yesterday and don't notice any damage to the taillight so it must've happened today. Trying to decide if I should leave it like it is, or replace the taillight. Haven't noticed any issues with the blind spot monitors yet.
This looks like a high pressure mark, with enough PSI a pressure nozzle will cause burn-like marks on softer materials. Also even though it is water, the friction heat can be rather intense.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it surprising that the airbags didn't deploy? I keep looking back at these pics and can't quite wrap my head around them not going off?

🤔🤔
Trust me, you don't want the airbags to deploy unless absolutely necessary, they are a mess, and painful and you have temp hearing loss.

Your hit was severe, but the truck kept you safe, and that it is a mark of good engineering

Last edited:

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Trust me, you don't want the airbags to deploy unless absolutely necessary, they are a mess, and painful and you have temp hearing lose.

your hit was sever, but the truck kept you safe, and that it a mark of good engineering
Exactly... I got T-boned years ago. Didn't feel like I needed the air bags, but poof they went. Ears were ringing for a while, not to mention burns on one arm, and an impression of the logo on the other forearm.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tried out a new car wash that opened today and afterwards noticed this on the passenger door trim and taillight. I originally thought it was just dented, but after looking closer it seems like something melted. Looked at pictures I took of the truck yesterday and don't notice any damage to the taillight so it must've happened today. Trying to decide if I should leave it like it is, or replace the taillight. Haven't noticed any issues with the blind spot monitors yet.
That is some Hot Wax.. 🔥

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yesterday, bought and had a New Battery put in. Stock OEM going bad, only has 12.02 Volts on cold status, and alternator pushing 14.9-15V to try and charge battery, so away I went to AutoZone and got a new Duralast Platinum AGM.
What's the new battery when cold and charging?

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just a thought... do you have blindspot monitors? cuz the sensors sit right inside that black square and the heat sinks on these sensors are pretty huge... and they do get warm (i purposely went and checked mine after a longer drive after installing them). but it doesn't seem warm enuff to melt the plastic... just a thought. I spose w/o the shot of your B-pillar that would be what i thought it was.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't so anything to it, but received my Vice designs rear tow hook brackets that let you install the factory front tow hooks on the rear of truck. View attachment 144465 View attachment 144466
Hadn’t heard of this before. Those are substantially smaller than the rear tow hook brackets I’ve seen. You switching your truck from a “getting pulled out” to a “pulls others out”? Or are you buying additional tow hooks?

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got a call from the insurance company confirming that fault has been placed on the other party.

Gonna go pick up my rental later.

Just waiting to hear if it's gonna be a write-off or a long road back to recovery.

My temporary ride courtesy of my insurance peeps...

Attachments

• 20221123_170711.jpg
    20221123_170711.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 20221123_170730.jpg
    20221123_170730.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 20221123_170752.jpg
    20221123_170752.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 119

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hadn’t heard of this before. Those are substantially smaller than the rear tow hook brackets I’ve seen. You switching your truck from a “getting pulled out” to a “pulls others out”? Or are you buying additional tow hooks?
Dropped the truck off yesterday to a local-ish custom bumper shop. Getting an off-road front bumper made for it. My truck will be his R&D truck for the 5th gen 1500s. So won't need the front hooks on the front anymore. And had been eying the ****s and Grins TRX rear tow hook brackets, but these will work better for me. And I don't have to buy new tow hooks.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I
Well my morning certainly didn't go as planned.

Little old grandpa dude decided it was okay to go for a drive without a valid license and pull out across my lane. Had no way to avoid the ensuing T-bone.

Now 'Stryker' has to bear the brunt of it...

View attachment 144376 View attachment 144377
It sucks, i know regulations won't really stop anybody from driving but its getting pretty bad. Complete disregard for the law. A co worker was tbone a few months back by a woman no license no insurance. My cousin was push into a wall 3 weeks ago. Hit and run so no license or ins or maybe stolen vehicle

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dropped the truck off yesterday to a local-ish custom bumper shop. Getting an off-road front bumper made for it. My truck will be his R&D truck for the 5th gen 1500s. So won't need the front hooks on the front anymore. And had been eying the ****s and Grins TRX rear tow hook brackets, but these will work better for me. And I don't have to buy new tow hooks.
Cool, how much are this going for

Users who are viewing this thread