5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed my bed step! This is hands down the best solution for getting into your bed. I must have gotten the last one shipped before they ran out but I have to say Mopar's packing sucks. It was loose in a cardboard box and had broken through all sides and the hardware bag was torn open. Good thing everything was in there and it's built tough:
View attachment 6242

And for those keeping track of payload, the step itself weighs 16 lbs. I didn't weigh the three bolts. Also of note, It mounts with three bolts and they include one nut and another captive nut welded to a ~6" steel handle (see in pic above) and the instructions show where to use them but I didn't need either nut since my frame had welded in nuts in all three locations. Maybe they made the frame change in anticipation of selling a lot more of these?

Quick and easy install.

Anyway, it's awesome and I'm going to enjoy it every day I don't get any younger.
View attachment 6243

i just my this week and yes the box was a little to frail for packaging:LOL:

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I couldn’t see any difference in the control arms. They looked the same. I figured that I might as well swap them out as I had them all ready to go.
If you don’t raise too high with the links you will be ok. I went far enough that it was getting bouncy in normal and wouldn’t go into OR2. That’s why I added the Daystar spacers.
You easily added these spacers yourself?

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Put in my rock lights (still trying to find the cargo light wire to tap no time lately), tonneau cover, ram valve stem caps, and mopar bug shield. Plasti dipped the bug shield trying to match the paint a bit. This way if it gets chipped I don't have to get it repainted. Waiting on exhaust, wheels, and tires. Oh, and I got Felix his spot on the dash. He's been in every vehicle I've owned since I was 16.
View attachment 7785
View attachment 7775 View attachment 7776 View attachment 7777 View attachment 7779 View attachment 7780 View attachment 7783

i know the feeling(y),,,,,

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just added some color matched/chrome insert door moldings to my Longhorn. Sorry for the picture quality but it does show the color match in different lighting situations.

you did a great job! i dont think i could do that(y)(y)

Kntoys

Reaction score
Installed the magnaflow catback pn 19430, frkin awesome sound. Also added the truxedo pro x15, nice cover with a canvas/fabric look.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Exactly or else we will have to chase yaa down for the details ha ha ha..

Users who are viewing this thread