5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Trfnj74

Reaction score
Had some XPEL (PPF) installed today.... Hood, Bumper, Rockers, Lower Doors, Flares and rear Bumper.

Also there was another 5th Gen Laramie here who had there velichle ceramic coated.. Not sure if they are a forum member but I hid there license plate...

A8CE42BF-64B0-4A56-A0A1-6B90109C7F69.jpeg C5781F04-EEA6-4C00-8A81-79B2509A1498.jpeg A0480DF5-AE03-4C66-9914-FDDD28AC8BD6.jpeg 0B9000C9-7FEA-43FF-AF6C-EFDB8B174EAE.jpeg

Creep0321

Reaction score

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Made sure the sunroof grommets that are between the bed/cab were seated properly, then put a healthy amount of all weather clear silicone around them to make sure they stay put and water tight.

Also gave it a bath to wash off the horrible road salt since the temps cracked 45. Neighbors still gave me funny looks. Lol

Creep0321

Reaction score
I’m a couple days late to report, but on Sunday I changed out the upper control arms to the ones that come in the Mopar lift kit and added the Daystar upper spacers. I also painted the silver of the air spring can to textured black. Looks much better now!
View attachment 18764
What made you choose the MOPAR UCAs over readylift? Does your truck have the off road package?

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
I’m a couple days late to report, but on Sunday I changed out the upper control arms to the ones that come in the Mopar lift kit and added the Daystar upper spacers. I also painted the silver of the air spring can to textured black. Looks much better now!
View attachment 18764
Looks like the stock air links are still in this pic? How hard of a job putting in the Daystar? How's the ride? Why new UCA? I have the ORP on a limited and am very interested in a level using Daystar

pber1

Reaction score
Yes they are far and few here! Most people have to order them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Figures! I got mine in October and I had to go to San Diego for it! The local lithia only had 3 and they didn’t many more when I went in for my service last week!

LNDRCKT

Reaction score
I chose the Mopar control arms because I have the air suspension and they come with the correct ball for the sensor rod. I tweaked the sensor bracket to get the leveled ride height I wanted instead of getting the links. The Daystar kit was easy to install, just like a non air vehicle. It rides extremely nice, just like stock and I have all levels of ride adjustments now. Before the Daystar kit I couldn’t get to go into OR2.

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
I chose the Mopar control arms because I have the air suspension and they come with the correct ball for the sensor rod. I tweaked the sensor bracket to get the leveled ride height I wanted instead of getting the links. The Daystar kit was easy to install, just like a non air vehicle. It rides extremely nice, just like stock and I have all levels of ride adjustments now. Before the Daystar kit I couldn’t get to go into OR2.
Great thanks so prob no need to get the Mopar control arms if I already have Revel links? I just want a level truck without messing up the great stock ride. Getting more confidence in moving forward the more I see this done with positive results. Thanks for sharing your experience!

LNDRCKT

Reaction score
Great thanks so prob no need to get the Mopar control arms if I already have Revel links? I just want a level truck without messing up the great stock ride. Getting more confidence in moving forward the more I see this done with positive results. Thanks for sharing your experience!

I couldn’t see any difference in the control arms. They looked the same. I figured that I might as well swap them out as I had them all ready to go.
If you don’t raise too high with the links you will be ok. I went far enough that it was getting bouncy in normal and wouldn’t go into OR2. That’s why I added the Daystar spacers.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had the truck for just about 2 weeks now. Loving it except for clink sound when turning taking in this week to get checked. Just finished washing this morning and had tires put in this week. Other details thus far include ceramic tint all around, xpel covering on front and lower body panels, undercover top for bed. View attachment 5151 View attachment 5151 View attachment 5152 View attachment 5151 View attachment 5152 View attachment 5153 View attachment 5151 View attachment 5152 View attachment 5153

:love:

Users who are viewing this thread