5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

WReckeR

Reaction score
Blaster Surface Shield undercoating. (Did it yesterday actually)
Like Fluid Film, but supposedly lasts 2 years and doesnt totally wash off from water spray.

A bit messy, and would be super easy with a lift.
I used the little ramps to get some working room.
Was kinda a PITA, but cheap piece of mind.

Since I support this being a picture thread, heres a picture of my greasy undercarriage.
View attachment 112209
My winter beater is in very poor condition but still drivable. I have at least one more winter, but I foresee having to drive my Ram on salted streets before long. I've been looking at another product. What I want to know is, how did you manage hitting only targeted areas? I don't see much overspray. I want to avoid things like the exhaust, wire harnesses, nuts, etc.

pmegason

Reaction score

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the CDT HD-690SEX installed in the rear doors! Fixed all the issues I was having. I think the higher impedance of the Infinity was killing the amp's power, and their very high sensitivity rating was causing them to scream at me over the front CDTs.

Volume level and front/rear balance is all restored and they sound really clean.

My next project is the rear wall sound deadening. Also thought about installing real crossovers on the dash infinity speakers that i have left over from a Jbl component set.

I'm going to make a thread on all this when I'm done.
39b2e66c7bfacc9583d13ade5f86d173.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk
I so need to upgrade the basic 6 speaker system on my rebel. Did you upgrade anything else besides the speakers?

My old 2020 Laramie had the 9 speaker alpine, and loved the sound.

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

ABess

Reaction score
I read here on the forums that if I pulled off my "Sport" stickers I could get a few extra HP or maybe some extra gas mileage. So thats what I did and also pulled off the dealer logo garbage.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
I so need to upgrade the basic 6 speaker system on my rebel. Did you upgrade anything else besides the speakers?

My old 2020 Laramie had the 9 speaker alpine, and loved the sound.

2021 Ram Rebel
I've got the amplified alpine system so I did not upgrade anything besides speakers (I also added a new sub and amp for that)

If I had the base, I'd run a amp for the doors, but you don't have to.

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
My winter beater is in very poor condition but still drivable. I have at least one more winter, but I foresee having to drive my Ram on salted streets before long. I've been looking at another product. What I want to know is, how did you manage hitting only targeted areas? I don't see much overspray. I want to avoid things like the exhaust, wire harnesses, nuts, etc.
You can buy it in cans or 1gal/5gal buckets to spray with compressed air.
I just used the cans with those plastic spray gun attachments. The cans spray a pretty good vertical line pattern.
You could also use the red straw to go inside frame rails or get more detailed.
I had no issue keeping it off the exhaust. If I did get any on it burned off within 20min of the first drive.
Its an oily goopy gel like coating and easy to wipe off anything if you want.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got the amplified alpine system so I did not upgrade anything besides speakers (I also added a new sub and amp for that)

Gotcha. Then I wonder if I can upgrade to the alpine...or at least work in getting more power to the speakers.

2021 Ram Rebel

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Gotcha. Then I wonder if I can upgrade to the alpine...or at least work in getting more power to the speakers.

2021 Ram Rebel
I wouldn't waste effort on that. A nice 5 channel Amp and some decent speakers/sub will blow the apline away, and would probably cost less.

pmegason

Reaction score

I have the base 6 speaker set up.. I do have the Ecodiesel so I don't have an ANC. I replaced the back doors with Kicker 6x9's and the fronts with Kicker components. The tweeter replaced the dash speaker. I added two 12 inch JL Audio subs under the rear seat. I power them all by a 5 channel sound design amp. It is very loud and very hard. If you want to add a sub and you have the 5.7 then you will need the ANC bypass harness.

pmegason

Reaction score
Took a trip from San Antonio to Colorado Springs last week. First big road trip with the travel trailer. Truck did better than expected for the size of the trailer. 33ft long and about 8,000 lbs. I do have the airlift set up. I kept the bags at 40psi and they worked great. Still had some sway when there was a bad crosswind. so I think I'm going to add a second sway bar to the hitch. Here is a pic of the trip. I used the cruise control about 50% of the time set at 67. There's only about 40 miles on the trip without the trailer.

Attachments

• Trip.jpg
    Trip.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 64

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered winter tires. A month ago, I purchased from another member here their 20" wheels and just ordered 275/55/20 Blizzak DM-V2s for Winter driving. They'll be put on the truck in a few days. $243 per wheel with $50 back from Bridgestone.

PrimeHokage

Reaction score
I put some Michelin Defenders LTX MS's on my new 2022 1500 Limited and I couldn't be happier. Getting ppf and ceramic coating put on next week!

J-barcarp

54 year old teenager
Site Supporter
Reaction score

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score

i have the alp system idk if i wanna just add a amp and two subs down fired …. stuck between two 8s or 10s i dont want anything crazy. lol
i
also i dont have anc so i forgot which would i need ? to leave factory sub in and just add other stuff

Users who are viewing this thread