5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't made a poor financial decision in a while, so I was getting a little itchy. Truck pulled it great. Still experimenting with air settings in my airlifts. I think I had it a little stiff at 20 psi. I should have maybe tried 15 or so. I also bought a small air compressor from harbor freight to take in the truck when camping, riding, etc. for the airbags or anything else I need. At 2.8 amps, I "should" be able to run it off of the truck's inverter, but I haven't tried it yet.
View attachment 111815
View attachment 111816
That shouldn't have been enough weight to even mess with airbags.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s a sickness I tell you! Latest adds: bora 1.25 spacers, Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Ranch Hand Sport rear bumper, Ranch Hand Midnight front Bumper/grille, 2ea Rigid Industries Radiance light bars, pair of under hood no-drill brackets and trigger 4 2.5Ghz wireless controller that @Waterfowler41 recommended (I concur), 2ea 2x2 RI ditch lights, 2ea RI 2x3 “zombie“ lights, 4 cans of PB Blaster Shield protect spray. Distressed tailgate flag. 94AF3056-5D51-4625-A43F-1D8109AFF37E.jpeg I need help 🧐🤔😔 080F67C1-D7AD-4914-82AC-FA19962322A3.jpeg E719B905-4A47-4329-B6DA-C79A67408FA2.jpeg 2E5B2A79-3F9D-489D-8AB5-B68130448667.jpeg 0256D495-3C18-4E90-9FAE-C55EF4EE5E3F.jpeg

Last edited:

mesoavery

Reaction score
What’s the PN for that center piece?
Requires 2 parts. The main cup-holder Console: 5YE132X7AG and the bin it goes in: 6LY66TX7AA

The original lower bin part isn't as deep as the limited. It's super easy to swap. Took me 10 min. A lot longer to wrap as I'm a novice and I took it all apart to make it easier.

blind prophet

Reaction score
It’s a sickness I tell you! Latest adds: bora 1.25 spacers, Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Ranch Hand Sport rear bumper, Ranch Hand Midnight front Bumper/grille, 2ea Rigid Industries Radiance light bars, pair of under hood no-drill brackets and trigger 4 2.5Ghz wireless controller that @Waterfowler41 recommended (I concur), 2ea 2x2 RI ditch lights, 2ea RI 2x3 “zombie“ lights, 4 cans of PB Blaster Shield protect spray. Distressed tailgate flag. I need help 🧐🤔😔 View attachment 111917
I love that front bumper

bportillo1314

Reaction score
I was never crazy about flares but those look clean, there not huge and bulky it looks

I was never crazy about flares but those look clean, there not huge and bulky it looks mint
Thank you...
Looks great. What size tires are you running ? Any rubbing issues ?
No, no rubbing at all, my truck had factory flares. So they sit in the exact same place as factory. 305/45r22 nitto ridge grappler I have leveling kit and I run in normal mode no rubbing at all

Bahus

Reaction score
Прямо сейчас идет непрерывный дождь, поэтому я прихожу домой и иду проверять заднее стекло, оно течет. К черту мою удачу. Грузовику 4 месяца. Пытался позвонить дилеру, но ответа нет, завтра проверю.

кто-нибудь еще знает, что они наконец сделают? Заменить заднее стекло или просто добавить еще герметика что ли ???

Мне тоже не на что накрыть грузовик на сегодня. 🤬
Привет! Проверь свет на крыше, у меня была аналогичная проблема, протекала через свет. Некрасиво сделано, для начала нужно заклеить сиденье заднего фонаря. Удачи!

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That shouldn't have been enough weight to even mess with airbags.
Yeah you're probably right. I just hate seeing truck sag ha. It drives me nuts. I should have maybe tried 10-12. Hell, maybe the 5 that I keep in it all the time would have been enough. Oh well, it's a learning process. I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunities to experiment.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats on all your new stuff! The inverter is not going to be happy with that inrush current. A solution for this could be a soft start like in the link below. I don’t know if it will be enough to work in your particular application and I’m guessing you will not like the price either, but it’s an option

I also made a bad decision today and bought a Kabota L2250 tractor with mower deck and front end loader. There was no way I am towing it with the 1500 though, so I am borrowing a dually.

SoftStartRV SSRV3T by NetworkRV Enables Easy start Ac or RV Air Conditioner Unit and Run On A Small Generator Limited Power RV AC Hard Starter Kit for Air Conditioner HVAC Bundle with Installation Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FF6H5S...abc_JNF4T1PEX3TJZR7RM23R?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Seems to be enough wiggle room to run it, but I know what you mean. I bought a midsize generator for my camper last year (5k or so). It won't kick my air conditioner on if the fridge is on, even though I thought it should. I have to turn the fridge off, turn the air on, then turn the fridge back on. I've kicked around the idea of a soft start for that, but that's as far as it's gone.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Success! The inverter had no problem running the air compressor. Boy is it quiet too. Can hardly hear it running. Doesn't start hard at all. Luckily the cord is long enough that it reaches outside as well (on stock suspension anyway).
View attachment 111931
Those Harbor Freight Fortress compressors are unbelievably quiet.

ABess

Reaction score
It’s a sickness I tell you! Latest adds: bora 1.25 spacers, Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Ranch Hand Sport rear bumper, Ranch Hand Midnight front Bumper/grille, 2ea Rigid Industries Radiance light bars, pair of under hood no-drill brackets and trigger 4 2.5Ghz wireless controller that @Waterfowler41 recommended (I concur), 2ea 2x2 RI ditch lights, 2ea RI 2x3 “zombie“ lights, 4 cans of PB Blaster Shield protect spray. Distressed tailgate flag. View attachment 111923 I need help 🧐🤔😔 View attachment 111916 View attachment 111917 View attachment 111918 View attachment 111919
Wow, loving that setup!

ABess

Reaction score
Added the OEM air deflector in Matte Black to my White Ram......Thinking about blacking out the badges.

lelshaddai

Reaction score
Plastidip my wheels on the driver's side only just to see how I would like it, added my extra full-size tire/wheel spare, painted my diff. cover and added stainless steel Allen head with stainless steel lock washers to the lower 6 bolts that can be seen from behind.
I tried the same with my factory wheels. Plastidipped them. Really liked the look.
2021-10-16 13.58.25.jpg 2021-11-19 10.34.24.jpg 2021-10-30 16.31.37.jpg

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How well has it held up, how long ago did you do them? Such a polarizing difference with just a color change, I'm really digging the way mine turned out. I may just buy a black set and sell my originals...

lelshaddai

Reaction score
It has been a month. Drove it on mountain roads and high speed freeway. Holding up well. I like the rims. When they start to peel I will paint them and ceramic coat them. Did not want to spend 1200 on another set. I use dRustoleum Peel Coat as a base and then Plastidip. All total about 7 coats.

Users who are viewing this thread