5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

WReckeR

Reaction score
Painted my rear with rustoleum enamel and undercoated the truck with acf50. Including inside the rockers. On this nice 60* day before a week of freezing temps

From what I can see the rear was really the only thing that wasn’t properly coated from the factory. Which is a nice change from gm where I had to scrape all that bs wax off the frame and paint everything
544594f333588ebc4d0a1f38f92f2215.jpg

c8dc8fca26cf048c82ee0cc6230cf483.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have been considering applying something to the undercarriage as well. I didn't want a Krown drippy oil, or the thick crusty Ziebart that they apply indiscriminately over all the bolts and wire harnesses too. Every time I get underneath the truck though, I feel discouraged because of all the surface changes, nooks and crannies, all the hard to reach places. Seems like it would take forever. So instead, I've just bided my time with my 2001 Dodge Dakota. It's already a rust bucket. I'll just keep driving it in the winter salt. But I need encouragement to do as you've done.

You didn't think GM's wax was itself anti-corrosive?

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Gms wax is pure sht. It flakes and peels off. They even have a SB about it where they recoat your frame. But use the same stuff. And the 2021 trucks still use it.

I had three newer trucks with it. First one was used so it took more work to clean. The other two were new so wasn’t as bad to correct.

I like acf50 because not only does it prevent corrosion, it also eats it. It’s a little oily but not as bad as other products. It’s the main anti corrosive we use in aviation.

R.A.M

Reaction score
Wow, that looks so much better than the stock setup in your avatar...but I might be slight biased. :ROFLMAO:
Lol thx man. Yea I definitely agree. Working on getting a lift. But unfortunately I have the air suspension.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got some new tires 305/55R20
Love it. Waiting on my 285/65/20 Falken wildpeaks to go with my fuel rims

Any rubbing while turning?

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

R.A.M

Reaction score
Love it. Waiting on my 285/65/20 Falken wildpeaks to go with my fuel rims

Any rubbing while turning?

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Thx man! It only rubs on entry/exit mode. Otherwise, no rubbing at all.

truckless

Reaction score
What did I do to my Ram today?
Did a bonehead move and didn’t pay attention backing out of the garage.
Put it back together and taped the crap out of it. Still functions…..sorta.
should only cost me about $8hundy installed. #@&%$

View attachment 109560
View attachment 109561

Did something similar....only not. I was paying more attention to the passenger side while backing my 2500 out I didn't pat attenting to the drivers side. Just BARELY caught it....but caught enough that I damn near ripped the stonework off the front of the garage. 7 years later I when I look at the masonry I am still....
farley.gif

Last edited:

truckless

Reaction score
I'm dead tired..

0% chance of rain and perfect cloud cover so I detailed all three cars inside and out. Getting to old for this crap .

Mine... Kiddos...Wifey

ec822888930d2024e6d5ca0fb9dfc912.jpg

Now a cold beer and admiring my work from the couch . I need a life.

b0c60edc8ac06d948e7bcc8f351fd61b.jpg

Looking good. But a Ford? What went wrong? ;)

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Looking good. But a Ford? What went wrong? ;)
I love fords. If they weren't made of gold, I'd probably be driving a ford truck. The focus is his first car and it's pretty fun to drive and easy to learn on.

I had a mustang gt, prior to this truck.

I've owned a 2004 Ram, and 2011 ram, a 2006 F-150, a 96 Cobra, a 2013 Mustang GT, and a couple durangos to name a few. I'm not overly brand biased. Way better bang for your buck with Ram trucks.

I just hate chevys.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Before I start, is this the best oil to use? I heard redline was but my local dollar general didn’t have any.

Also can I mix my oil filter and air filter brands? Because some people say you can’t, and I don’t wanna loose the 30hp I gained with my CAI.

THANKS.
99ff3d443ff6e7849a5ec696cee1fb98.jpg

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Before I start, is this the best oil to use? I heard redline was but my local dollar general didn’t have any.

Also can I mix my oil filter and air filter brands? Because some people say you can’t, and I don’t wanna loose the 30hp I gained with my CAI.

THANKS.

That oil is fine but you should use a Wix filter...it's optimized for synthetic oil. :LOL:

If you take off the plexiglass cover, you will regain the lost hp in the oil/air filter mismatch.

Jr22

Reaction score
Just got the phone call lift kit (BDS 4inch air ride) and Tires (Nitto Grapplers 35X12.5R20) are at the shop. 2 weeks out on install date. Got my wheels Brixton Forged ready and cross drilled rotors all ready to go.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How MPG's now with those 22's? Truck is looking really sharp!
If I told you it’s good, I’d be lying. Last 2 tanks were low 16’s with mostly highway and me driving gently. I was consistently 20 mpg before. In the grand scheme of things, it’s not much more money for the new mpg, but I don’t want it to get any worse. Even if I have the money, I hate paying for gas. You probably already knew that with all my electric truck talk though, lol.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

THANKS.

I heard if you remove the air filter and put a woman’s stocking in place, you get an extra 7hp.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I heard if you remove the air filter and put a woman’s stocking in place, you get an extra 7hp.
Back in high school, did the same to a 80 Honda Prelude with a Weber carb. My sisters would get pissed cuz I kept stealing their stockings! Mom grounded me because of all the money they were spending on them. Seemed just easier to put the air filter back, but damn that car sounded cool!😝🤦🏻‍♂️ Back then, 15 HP, tops!!!!

Idahoktm

Reaction score
If I told you it’s good, I’d be lying. Last 2 tanks were low 16’s with mostly highway and me driving gently. I was consistently 20 mpg before. In the grand scheme of things, it’s not much more money for the new mpg, but I don’t want it to get any worse. Even if I have the money, I hate paying for gas. You probably already knew that with all my electric truck talk though, lol.
That's fairly low mpg's considering I have a very similar set up. The difference must be in your tires. I'm guessing you have LT tires that weigh close to 70lbs each??

Users who are viewing this thread