5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are your top five upgrades?

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
1-widow tint (done)
2- 6” lift with coil overs, tires and wheels(done)
3- RC running boards (done)
4- hard tonneau cover(done)
5- b2 exhaust (done)
Next on list hellwig sway bar 63FA9C7A-8539-433D-968E-9F439A870C14.jpeg

Bub

Reaction score
In progress
1. Bilstein 6112 front (in the mail)
2. Diamondback HD Tonneau (due next week).

Done
1. Ceramic Tint (20/5)
2. GoRhino side steps
3. AEM drop in

Wish List...next 5ish, not in order.
1. Exhaust. Something moderate. I’m too old for loud
2. Stereo upgrade. I have the Alpine, but I want more.
3. Minor Rear lift. Springs/shocks....likely ICON + 5140
4. Bed liner. Might go cheap...weathertech?
5. Banks Throttle Monster
6. Hellwig sway bar. Because everyone says so. I hate to give up articulation though.
7. Slightly bigger shoes 34....11.5ish. Hard to justify getting rid of new tires.

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
You "need the storage" but you bought the 5'7 bed??
With Ramboxs and the MFT. They are building me a unicorn :cool:. I have Wheel Chaulks, strobe lights, magnetic reflector strips, buggy whip, hard hats harnesses, respirators, fire extinguisher, and assorted nick-nacks, yep need the storage. The truck is my mobile office, I'm a little OCD and hate clutter so the under-seat storage 2 glove boxes, a better center console, and the icing on the cake are the Ramboxes. I did not get them on my first ram and regretted it ever since.

Glenn54

Reaction score
1. Diamondback bed cover
2. Spray in bed liner(matching color)
3. Side steps
4. Mud guards
5. Wheel well liners
Optional - 2019 Escape 21C travel trailer

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Going with the "broad" approach here... Many of these tend to domino into each other, so I'm calling it "one" upgrade.
1. Motor - Pulsar, CAI, Exhaust, catch can, etc.
2. Suspension - Lift, wheels, tires, brakes
3. Beats - Full audio upgrade, amp/sub add
4. Body - Bumpers, side steps, grill, black out/debadge
5. Aux lighting - Fuse/relay box, interior/exterior lighting
Never considered that "5" upgrades could do your whole truck LOL. Well done!

WReckeR

Reaction score
With Ramboxs and the MFT. They are building me a unicorn :cool:. I have Wheel Chaulks, strobe lights, magnetic reflector strips, buggy whip, hard hats harnesses, respirators, fire extinguisher, and assorted nick-nacks, yep need the storage. The truck is my mobile office, I'm a little OCD and hate clutter so the under-seat storage 2 glove boxes, a better center console, and the icing on the cake are the Ramboxes. I did not get them on my first ram and regretted it ever since.
I also like those boxes, but you can't get them on the longer bed, unless you upgrade to the 2500. And another $20K.

kevinvw

Reaction score
Here were mine that I wanted for my ‘21 1500 Limited Night Edition. All are now done.

1. Paint Correction + Ceramic Coating + Racing Stripes
2. Window Tints
3. BlackVue Dashcam
4. TazerDT
5. Pedal Commander

...I also added in a Uniden R7, so six. LOL

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
Just got it, so these things are on order:
1. BAKFlip MX4 bed cover
2. Weather Tech Rain Guards
3. Fleece center console lid protector (a must if you hate sweating on the leather console cover on a hot day - toss it in the washer, slip it back on)

Once the stock Goodyears wear out (shouldn't take too long):
4. Leveling kit
5. 35" All-Terrain tires

Bonus:
Magnaflow D-Fit muffler
8" powered sub w/gain control (if the H-K doesn't start making me a little more happy one of these days soon)

Everything else is pretty much there.

Last edited:

bskubon

Reaction score
Hard color matched bed cover
Mud flaps - Mopar thick solid rubber
All weather floor mats - Mopar
Chrome hood bug defector- Mopar
Then, added front grill camera - setup as cargo camera since my truck does not have SurroundView

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I got my 21 Rebel back in early June. My current set of upgrades were...

1. Stage 1 Paint Correction followed by Ceramic coating. 3x layer Body, 3x layer Glass, 4x layer Rims, and 2x layer undercoat. I see it as a protect your investment thing, and totally worth every penny. Looks amazing and is SUPER easy to clean.
2. Weathertech HP Floor Liners. I personally see these as mandatory for any vehicle that's in a place that gets snow.
3. 3M Ceramic Window Tint. 20 in the front, and 5 in the back and sunroof. The 3M stuff cost an arm & a leg, but the total UV rejection and 95% heat rejection does a lot to keep the truck cool in the sun.
4. Blackvue 900X-2ch with Blendmount. Another protect your investment thing IMO.
5. Rocky Road Rebel Rock Sliders with Double Step. These got ordered a few weeks ago and I am still waiting on them to arrive. I am like an inch too short and need some kind of step to get in or it'll eventually mess up my seat, and I wanted some sliders that can actually protect my truck when I am out trail running.

My next upgrades will be in a while after my warrantee expires, but in general I am looking at.

1. Borla Cat-Back Exhaust with black tips. I don't know if I'd prefer the Touring or S-Type series, I'd need to hear them when someone is towing to see how they sound.
2. Cold Air Intake. I haven't done the homework yet, but I know with a better exhaust, a CAI can help get a bit more out of the engine.
3. Morimoto XB Headlight Housings. I don't quite hate money enough to switch out the stock LED projectors for the morimotos... Yet.
4. Baja Designs Fog light Replacement kit. Another, I don't hate money enough for this... Yet.

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
I wasn't paying attention the other day at the accessory shop - they didn't have the BAKFlip MX4, they had an Undercover Flex instead. Basically, the same exact thing, except the Flex has a 5-year warranty (vs. 3-year with the BAKFlip) & carpet on the underside of each panel, along with a light kit... all for the same price. My accessory shop guy was taking care of me and I didn't even know it. I'll need to get a pic, but it looks awesome installed.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
I wasn't paying attention the other day at the accessory shop - they didn't have the BAKFlip MX4, they had an Undercover Flex instead. Basically, the same exact thing, except the Flex has a 5-year warranty (vs. 3-year with the BAKFlip) & carpet on the underside of each panel, along with a light kit... all for the same price. My accessory shop guy was taking care of me and I didn't even know it. I'll need to get a pic, but it looks awesome installed.
I returned my original unit due to leaking between the folds. Otherwise good unit!

Reaction score
In no real particular order just listed from personal preference!

1. Upgrade Wheels/Tires.
2. Upgrade Suspension, Maybe 3-5" lift kit
3. Bully Dog Tune upgrade
4. Banks Power Superguage upgrade
5. Rock light kits.

brenan00

Reaction score
1: Hellwig
2: Tazer
3: BlueDriver
4: Car2Play
5: Pedal Monster (for fun) and do not have
I don't have a truck yet, either.

Honorable mention: Extended warrant

cjh0702

Reaction score
Just got it, so these things are on order:
1. BAKFlip MX4 bed cover
2. Weather Tech Rain Guards
3. Fleece center console lid protector (a must if you hate sweating on the leather console cover on a hot day - toss it in the washer, slip it back on)

Once the stock Goodyears wear out (shouldn't take too long):
4. Leveling kit
5. 35" All-Terrain tires

Bonus:
Magnaflow D-Fit muffler
8" powered sub w/gain control (if the H-K doesn't start making me a little more happy one of these days soon)

Everything else is pretty much there.
Do you have a link to the fleece center console lid protector? Having a hard time finding one for this truck.

dbark

Reaction score
1. side steps
2. bed step
3. window tint
4. upgraded dash speakers
5. duha underseat storage

Next, either sway bar or bed lights

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread