5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are your top five upgrades?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
1. side steps
2. bed step
3. window tint
4. upgraded dash speakers
5. duha underseat storage

Next, either sway bar or bed lights
Go with the Hellwig sway bar. After install, you will wonder why you waited so long to get it

dbark

Reaction score
Go with the Hellwig sway bar. After install, you will wonder why you waited so long to get it

I've been reading that...I've thought the truck handled very well the way it is, but I plan to add it soon and see how much better it can get

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1-widow tint including windshield & sunroof
2- 3.5" infinity tweets in the front dash
3- Gator bedcover
4- RhinoLiner
5- Hellwig rear swaybar

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1-widow tint including windshield & sunroof
2- 3.5" infinity tweets in the front dash
3- Gator bedcover
4- RhinoLiner
5- Hellwig rear swaybar

Question for you or anybody else. I have the alpine 9 speaker system…is upgrading just the dash speakers worth it? Audio seems really good for my taste. This is coming from my 2016 Charger with the 6 speaker alpine that is only putting out 256w…which is frustrating low power.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Question for you or anybody else. I have the alpine 9 speaker system…is upgrading just the dash speakers worth it? Audio seems really good for my taste. This is coming from my 2016 Charger with the 6 speaker alpine that is only putting out 256w…which is frustrating low power.

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

So, when I installed them I noticed the volume isn't as loud as before, but the highs and mids are much clearer. I went back and forth on it for a few days and when I showed my friend that was an audio freak, he was like man the difference is night and day. I placed certain music and you can tell how clear it sounds. It is pretty amazing in my books.

Last edited:

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, when I installed them I noticed the volume isn't as loud as before, but the highs and mids are much clearer. I went back and forth on it for a few days and when I showed my friend that was an audio freak, he was like man the difference is night and day. I placed certain music and you can tell how clear it sounds. It is pretty amazing in my books.

Nice. What did you have stock, and what did you upgrade too?

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
Do you have a link to the fleece center console lid protector? Having a hard time finding one for this truck.
Sorry it took so long to get back - they locked out this site at work (I guess I was spending too much time reading posts. LOL!).

This is the one I ordered: https://www.autoconsolecovers.com/b...2021-laramie-limited-bighorn-tradesman-rebel/

Since I have the Limited Longhorn (w/saddle) interior, I just went with black. Meanwhile, the one I pulled from my 2012 LoneStar fits 'adeqately" while I wait for the new one(s) to arrive - so, I wouldn't be as opposed to ordering one that says it fits the 4th Gen full console lids. After all, it's a piece of fleece with some elastic on the hems designed to fit a full console lid - aside from ordering one for say, a Toyota (with completely different dimensions), it'll fit well enough for most people.

Here's another one I found that offers a variety of colors: https://carconsolecovers.com/product/dd1-c2/
Here's another I found that seems to be in black only (and only up to 2018): https://www.amazon.com/Seat-Armour-...ocphy=9027556&hvtargid=pla-571446434118&psc=1

Shark875

Reaction score
Wondering where everyone else stands on upgrades. I have many, but these are my absolute must in order of importance if I had to do it over.
Post your five on the main list, plus three honorable mentions :).

Must have
  1. Pedal Commander
  2. Hellwig Sway bar
  3. Night Edition 22" Wheels / Exhaust Tips / Badging
  4. Cargo/3rd Brake Light LED Swap (Diode Dynamics)
  5. 2CarPlay Wireless CarPlay Dongle

Honorable mentions
  1. 3020 Dash Speaker Upgrade (sides & center)
  2. Viofo Dash Cam
  3. Luyed LED Reverse Light
#1 cold air intake, #2 Flowmaster FX or upgraded exaust, #3 Wheel/Tires, #4

Users who are viewing this thread