5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well...I Did It!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was planning to wait for the 2022 and also look at the F150, but here's what happened:

1. My 2019 Limited had 10,300 miles on her and is in mint condition. Purchased in February 2019
2. Dealers all over are offering me $48K and I get to keep all of my accessories :)
3. 2021 Loaded RAM Limited eTorque BLACK with the Night Edition Package, Tech Package, and just about everything else you can think of (MFT too) and had a sticker of $72,800
4. Dealer told me he wants my 2019 and will sell the 2021 to me for $59,500 with the current Employee Purchase promo going on now
5. I paid just over $56K for my 2019 that stickered right under $69K
6. The math said...you had this truck for two years and only lost $8K and got 18.3% off the 2021:unsure:
7. I removed my $1700 Retrax MX Pro cover; WT Mud Guards; Du-Ha Underseat Storage; Pedal Commander; WeatherTech mats and headed to the dealer
8. Truck came with the MOPAR vinyl tonneau cover and I was going to remove it and sell it locally
9. Overheard a man who just bought a white 2021 RAM 1500 asking about accessories with his salesman
10. I walked up to him and asked if he wanted a tonneau cover and he replied YES! He commented the dealer wanted $199 and he could buy it on-line for $159. I said give me a $100 and it's yours!
11. The salesman and I took it off my truck, installed it on his truck in like 5 minutes and we were both happy campers and I have a crisp new $100 bill:D
12. Just brought her home!

Now I need to install all of the stuff I removed from the 2019 onto the 2021 and purchase the new bed brackets to install my Retrax and get the windows ceramic tinted.

I look at it this way, I'll let others pay ridiculous prices for the TRX at launch and allow others to be the guinea pig on the new F150. I buy new every 2 years so the timing will be perfect in 2023 to move on to my next subject:p I love the camera in the CHMSL brake light that displays in the rear view mirror and the HUD is super sweet! The eTorque is new to me, but when I inquired on this forum, you all convinced me to go for it without hesitation.

Here she is:

RAM2021.JPG RAM2021B.JPG RAM2021C.jpg RAM2021D.jpg RAM2021E.JPG

Last edited:

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damn....awesome. thats how you work the system.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Mazel Tov - as my tribe says.

Trying to make a deal on a '21 Yukon. No one will budge on the price - so I wait until summer. Looking at a Denali - significantly more $$ than a Ram.

As I've commented in other threads - love my Ram - but an SUV meets my needs better...

Rick

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

Trying to make a deal on a '21 Yukon. No one will budge on the price - so I wait until summer. Looking at a Denali - significantly more $$ than a Ram.

As I've commented in other threads - love my Ram - but an SUV meets my needs better...

Rick
Same tribe my friend. Thank you!

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lol, now we just have to have you swap out your photo and we can continue to enjoy that 2021 through yaaaaaa.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
White is nice to have and easy to maintain but Black looks sooo much better......when its clean. Love the MFT and the mirror. They gave you a great deal
I have had 3 black trucks before the white RAM and swore I'd never buy another black one. Came close to buying the Granite as that's really pretty too in the Night Edition Package. The black metallic just kept calling my name. My Griots Garage Deionizer System will get a work out so the truck never spots after washing. This truck is absolutely gorgeous:love:

PorBoy

Reaction score
I’m extremely happy that you are enjoying this truck so much. Hopefully the stuff you add will make it that more enjoyable.

BowDown

Reaction score
I have had 3 black trucks before the white RAM and swore I'd never buy another black one. Came close to buying the Granite as that's really pretty too in the Night Edition Package. The black metallic just kept calling my name. My Griots Garage Deionizer System will get a work out so the truck never spots after washing. This truck is absolutely gorgeous:love:

Same here, I first saw the Indigo Frost interior on a Granite Metallic truck and loved the color, then I saw it in a Diamond Black Crystal truck, I was gone.
I have a CR Spotless and use it for wash and rinse on this truck. Previous Patriot Blue truck I could just rinse with spotless but not this one.
Found a source for cheaper resin so it easier to swallow the cost

VOCJ6P4FHATSHJGTUWWHGIB56E.jpg

Last edited:

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Rick
If you love the ram but need an suv have you considered waiting for the Grand Wagoner? It will likely be crazy $$ but is supposed to be based on the Ram 1500.

RSConsulting

Reaction score
If you love the ram but need an suv have you considered waiting for the Grand Wagoner? It will likely be crazy $$ but is supposed to be based on the Ram 1500.

Stupid crazy $$ - for a JEEP. Since I'm waiting some for deals to be had on the Yukon - there may be some more info that comes out on the new Grand Wagoneer - but nothing so impressive that would be me up to the $100K level for a JEEP. Might get me there on a 1500 Based Durango. Nahhh. $83K Yukon is about my limit.

Waiting for a bit either way - so we'll see how it turns out...

Rick

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have not had my 21 Laramie for a week now, and I am selling the under seat storage
for $100. I have a Du-Ha with Locking Lid sitting on my porch right now as I type this.

Malodave

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have not had my 21 Laramie for a week now, and I am selling the under seat storage
for $100. I have a Du-Ha with Locking Lid sitting on my porch right now as I type this.

Malodave
I LOVE the Du-Ha...just finished installing the one I tool out of my 2019 into my new 2021 :)

NTX_Ian

Reaction score
Sharp truck and congrats on the wheeling and dealing. I’m an every two year guy myself, but with some of these deals it’s hard to keep my just turned a year old truck without going new again. My ‘19 Laramie was a loaner that had 2,500 miles in it and got it for 42k and they offered me 43.5k with 18k miles on it last week.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sharp truck and congrats on the wheeling and dealing. I’m an every two year guy myself, but with some of these deals it’s hard to keep my just turned a year old truck without going new again. My ‘19 Laramie was a loaner that had 2,500 miles in it and got it for 42k and they offered me 43.5k with 18k miles on it last week.
Thanks CB! Crazy times right now with the trade in value of trucks. If I paid $42K and was offered on a trade $43.5K I'd be asking where do I sign ;)

Last edited:

LMorris

Reaction score
BowDown - would you mind sharing your source for cheaper resin for the CR Spotless? Thanks

AK103

Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking? Why are you running weathertech over the factory Limited mats?

Users who are viewing this thread