5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well...I Did It!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well...it's been a whopping 2 days since my purchase and I just spent close to $900 already on "stuff". Ordered the following:

1. Blackvue DR750X Dash Cam set-up
2. WeatherTech Stone Deflector
3. Carven Ceramic Black 5" Exhaust tips
4. B2 Fab muffler replacement kit
5. Right On Brackets for my bed so I can mount my Retrax MX Pro
6. hardwired cable for my Uniden R7

It just never ends.....

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I know this. But it is still a full time job keeping it looking perfect. ;)

Not really, between the DI system and the ceramic coat, I may spend an hour or 2 a week. If it doesn't rain, it'll stay clean 2 or 3 weeks.

AK103

Reaction score
Well...it's been a whopping 2 days since my purchase and I just spent close to $900 already on "stuff". Ordered the following:

1. Blackvue DR750X Dash Cam set-up
2. WeatherTech Stone Deflector
3. Carven Ceramic Black 5" Exhaust tips
4. B2 Fab muffler replacement kit
5. Right On Brackets for my bed so I can mount my Retrax MX Pro
6. hardwired cable for my Uniden R7

It just never ends.....
How are you gonna wire the dashcam and R7?
Through the mirror?
I'm scared to dig around back there.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
How are you gonna wire the dashcam and R7?
Through the mirror?
I'm scared to dig around back there.
Same way I did it in my 2019:

1. Take off the black plastic mirror cover (actually pops off very easily if you know where to "dig" with your screwdriver;))
2. Remove the driver's side A-Pillar (simple 2 bolt removal)
3. Run wires across the headliner and down the A-Pillar into the footwell
4. Use fuse taps and tap the fuse box for both BATT, AUX and connect GROUND to the ground bolt to the left of the brake pedal near firewall
5. Both the camera and radar detector will share a single fuse tap for the AUX connection to the fuse panel
6. The Dash Cam will utilize the BATT fuse tap solo for PARKING MODE

May sound complicated or scary to some, but this can all be done in about 30-minutes and is FAR better and reliable than using mirror taps. I have been installing electrical equipment in cars since I was in Jr. High School. Happy to help anyone that needs it if you have questions during any electrical installation...just PM me. I enjoyed working with electronic so much that I became an EE :) I have pics of my 19 install in another thread that shows what's behind that scary black plastic mirror shroud.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
IDK about that. Mine still look new after two and a half years, and have protected my carpet just fine.
Based a lot on were you live...SNOW country...factory mats would be terrible. If you operate in an area with heavy rains or mud, not a good idea either. If you live in CA, AZ, etc., I am sure they are just fine ;) You're happy with your mats, I am excited for you too:love: For me, the WT, TuxMat or Husky's are a small price to pay for the added protection they offer...that's all I'm sayin.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Based a lot on were you live...SNOW country...factory mats would be terrible. If you operate in an area with heavy rains or mud, not a good idea either. If you live in CA, AZ, etc., I am sure they are just fine ;) You're happy with your mats, I am excited for you too:love: For me, the WT, TuxMat or Husky's are a small price to pay for the added protection they offer...that's all I'm sayin.
Totally. The best feature about these mats in my opinion, is that if I know I'm going to go to a campsite or somewhere where it's going to be muddy, I unsnap the carpet part and convert them to plain rubber mats. I've done that a few times and has worked out great.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread