5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wattage for USBC?

Ram-583

Reaction score
Anyone know if the USB-C ports in the 2021 or 2022 trucks is ~3.0A. or higher? Something that would be a "quick charge" for the cell phone?

Thanks guys

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know if the USB-C ports in the 2021 or 2022 trucks is ~3.0A. or higher? Something that would be a "quick charge" for the cell phone?

Thanks guys
What cell phone? I believe they are 5 volt (2.5amp). My Pixel 5 shows "charging raidly" but my QC is not the true standard.

Ram-583

Reaction score
What cell phone? I believe they are 5 volt (2.5amp). My Pixel 5 shows "charging raidly" but my QC is not the true standard.
I have a Motorola Edge Plus 21 nothing fancy. But it 3.0amp to fast charge anything below it is a trickle charge for my Motorola.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Motorola Edge Plus 21 nothing fancy. But it 3.0amp to fast charge anything below it is a trickle charge for my Motorola.
For a Pixel phone, at least the 5, it fast charges at 18 watts (9V/2A). All kinds of stuff gets me charged up pretty quick. Now that I've got the placement right on the wireless charge pad, even that thing does a good job of putting a decent charge on it.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I'm driving the truck today. I plugged up my Pixel 5 this morning and it looks like the ports supply 13 watts (this device will charge at 18 watts). No power would go to my 2018 Macbook Pro, but it did recognize that a charger with a current was plugged in.

d575c0fe-159b-4335-931b-e15337ab8966.jpeg

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I understand your sentiments, however that's why you have us! ;) We are always here to provide the additional support and do all that we can to keep you in the know. If you are ever in need of any additional support down the road, please do not hesitate to tag us or reach out privately.

Mark
RamCares
Mark,
Is there any of the USB ports that can be powered off with the ignition that still have data, or do the all have a 1hr auto off timer that can't be adjusted?

SShadow1974

Reaction score
Can't get my wireless charger to work in the USB C or USB A ports. Cycles on and off. Just like one of the other members mentioned back in 2019. Any "fix" for tthis yet?

darkodonny

Reaction score
i came here looking for answers but believe I discovered the issue. My theory is, all the usb ports are attached to stereo system as an input and powered by the stereo. Because of this, the usb ports will have a lower amp feed then if you had a standalone usb port that just connected to the battery. Too bad because I don’t need all those ports attached to the stereo but I need them to provide enough juice to do wireless charging from my phone mount.

SShadow1974

Reaction score
i came here looking for answers but believe I discovered the issue. My theory is, all the usb ports are attached to stereo system as an input and powered by the stereo. Because of this, the usb ports will have a lower amp feed then if you had a standalone usb port that just connected to the battery. Too bad because I don’t need all those ports attached to the stereo but I need them to provide enough juice to do wireless charging from my phone mount.
Probably just so... I gave up and just put a power brick in the AC outlet in down in the bowels of the console. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread