5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water in the floor board

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have the TSB for this issue. I have a 2020 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport that is leaking water into the driver side floor board but can't find the TSB for it. People keep mentioning it but I can't find it.

Thanks
4316B389-09FA-415F-ABB1-F1CD9CE108F7.png

ChevyTXBro

Reaction score
Thank you Mopar_Maxi!

I am taking my brand new 2020 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4 to the Autonation Fort Worth Texas dealership on Monday 07/27/2020 after I randomly washed it last week and when I pulled the large rubber floor mats from the front discovered my carpet was soaked.

I tested the theory today that it was a leak and I'm very unhappy to report I have water in my floor board on the drivers side after a local automatic car wash... It's even worse when it rains. Dealership said they will find the leak and fix/repair/replace anything affected.

My truck has 1,001 miles on it....... Under carpet padding absorbed most of the water from the 45 seconds car wash.

DRVSide Leak1.jpg

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thank you Mopar_Maxi!

I am taking my brand new 2020 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4 to the Autonation Fort Worth Texas dealership on Monday 07/27/2020 after I randomly washed it last week and when I pulled the large rubber floor mats from the front discovered my carpet was soaked.

I tested the theory today that it was a leak and I'm very unhappy to report I have water in my floor board on the drivers side after a local automatic car wash... It's even worse when it rains. Dealership said they will find the leak and fix/repair/replace anything affected.

My truck has 1,001 miles on it....... Under carpet padding absorbed most of the water from the 45 seconds car wash.

View attachment 62781

I am deeply sorry for the trouble, @ChevyTXBro. If you are in need of any additional support while addressing this with your dealer, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message. We would like to escalate your situation to a Case Manager which will provide the dealership and yourself with an individual who will review your concern, then assist you and the dealership in exhausting all available resources to have the concern addressed and resolved.

Mark
RamCares

ChevyTXBro

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I wanted to provide an update. The truck has been in the shop since Monday July 27th. Today, August 5th, I received the diagnosis that the sealant along the fender is not correct and water is coming through the sheet metal joints into the drivers side floor panel. The truck isn't going to be ready until August 14th... My truck will have been in the shop longer than I have owned it which is very distressing. When I asked the service woman about at least getting the carpets cleaned and shampooed before I get the truck back, she said she didn't know if that was covered under the repair from the dealership.

So far coming from Chevy to Dodge has been "normal" really considering all manufactures have some percentage of rejects and they all have random problems. Also the excuse that "humans" built these trucks is applicable to trim I would think or other manual operations, however it is highly unlikely my defective truck issue is a human error considering all of the welding, seam sealing, etc is done with robotics. Also the rust on the rear axle shock brackets is indicative of a vehicle with 100,000 miles, not 1,008. Ramcares has been very slow to react and call but they did call. The dealership at autonation in North Fort Worth has been very good thus far and my service woman Amy is great. Just hoping this nuisance gets fixed fast. Hopefully the new car smell is retained and not tainted by some terrible chemical smell or mold smell. :(

ChevyTXBro

Reaction score
Truck has been at the dealership for 17 days... they can’t get the sealant delivered from grainier. Ram cares called one time and didn’t follow up like they stated. My service lady is awesome but Ram is letting me down! Why does the love always stop after you buy it?

RamCares

Reaction score
Truck has been at the dealership for 17 days... they can’t get the sealant delivered from grainier. Ram cares called one time and didn’t follow up like they stated. My service lady is awesome but Ram is letting me down! Why does the love always stop after you buy it?

Just had a chance to respond to your most recent message, @ChevyTXBro.

Mark
RamCares

ChevyTXBro

Reaction score
For anyone that might deal with this same issue, the Chrysler approved Sealant is part # P50087, Kent Automotive Spray leak chek, water leak sealer, colorless, 17.75oz. It’s in stock at Kent automotive but the dealership can’t seem to get it. I’m going on 18 days now without my truck, I have the plates in the garage that got mailed but can’t be put on. I offered to overnight it to myself and bring it to dealership but was told the warranty would be invalid for the repair and I wouldn’t get reimbursed to Pay the overnight fee since the dealership has a policy that it won’t pay that. Ramcares on this forum awesome, there social engagement team does its job, the hand off though is pretty weak. Good luck out there, check your floor boards.

RamCares

Reaction score
For anyone that might deal with this same issue, the Chrysler approved Sealant is part # P50087, Kent Automotive Spray leak chek, water leak sealer, colorless, 17.75oz. It’s in stock at Kent automotive but the dealership can’t seem to get it. I’m going on 18 days now without my truck, I have the plates in the garage that got mailed but can’t be put on. I offered to overnight it to myself and bring it to dealership but was told the warranty would be invalid for the repair and I wouldn’t get reimbursed to Pay the overnight fee since the dealership has a policy that it won’t pay that. Ramcares on this forum awesome, there social engagement team does its job, the hand off though is pretty weak. Good luck out there, check your floor boards.

While the kind words are appreciated on our end this is definitely not the update I was hoping to hear. Just had a chance to respond to your message on this as well!

Mark
RamCares

Tmoore2717

Reaction score
I’m taking mine in today for the same issues. They said the know about the 3rd break light part but it is the first time hearing about the driver side floor board.

RamCares

Reaction score
I’m taking mine in today for the same issues. They said the know about the 3rd break light part but it is the first time hearing about the driver side floor board.
Hi @Tmoore2717, feel free to loop our team into a private message. We would be happy to escalate a case on your behalf for additional support in addressing this concern alongside your dealer.

Kathryn
Ram Cares

Austinmtlhd

Reaction score
Hi @Tmoore2717, feel free to loop our team into a private message. We would be happy to escalate a case on your behalf for additional support in addressing this concern alongside your dealer.

Kathryn
Ram Cares
My brand new TRX is having this problem but on the passenger side. Dealer wants to sit on it for 5 days before they will look at it. No appointment just leave my 2 week old truck that cost 85K sit there waiting to be worked on. Probably going to put me in a dart (NOT). It seems like Ram would have fixed this as it looks like it's been gong on for 3 years now. I guess not as it's still happening. They WILL be replacing the carpet and padding! Already called Chrysler and told them about it. Waiting on a call back. I waited 14 weeks for it to come in. Now I have to do without it 2 weeks in? Not a happy camper with Chrysler or Ram at this point!

U

User_63152

I know this is an old thread.

I just found water (literally a puddle) in my driver's side floor board, all along the left of the driver's seat. I was having a new power wire run for my stereo upgrades. I had just went through a car wash before I got to my stereo guy's place, so, I am guessing that's where it came from. I noticed a musty smell while I was driving away from the car wash, too. I am going to make an appointment with the dealer. I did not get a chance to check the passenger side. I hope it's not there, also.

That's all I need is to get all this expensive wiring wet. :eek:

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread.

I just found water (literally a puddle) in my driver's side floor board, all along the left of the driver's seat. I was having a new power wire run for my stereo upgrades. I had just went through a car wash before I got to my stereo guy's place, so, I am guessing that's where it came from. I noticed a musty smell while I was driving away from the car wash, too. I am going to make an appointment with the dealer. I did not get a chance to check the passenger side. I hope it's not there, also.

That's all I need is to get all this expensive wiring wet. :eek:

Sounds like you've got the rear window leak.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I felt up on the headliner by the rear sliding window. It's dry. 🤷‍♂️
My leak did not make the headliner wet. It came down the frame of the window.

Simple check would be to work from the floor and go up. Is there evidence of water in the back?

U

User_63152

My leak did not make the headliner wet. It came down the frame of the window.

Simple check would be to work from the floor and go up. Is there evidence of water in the back?
Ummmm, yes, actually. Son of a biscuit!!!

• Sad
Reactions: c3k
U

User_63152

Yeah...join the club. If it's in warranty, RAM will cover a new rear window. If not, at your expense. (I know.) Good threads on this.
Still under warranty, thank goodness. I will call the dealer tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread