5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water in the floor board

Ram1500DS

Reaction score
Has anyone had the driver side floor, carpet and insulation wet? There has been a lot of rain in Texas lately. The rubber floor mates kept the water from drying out.
thanks

Firebird

Reaction score
There are a number of posts on that issue

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
and plenty of them even provide the TSB that you can take to your dealer to have it fixed if you don't want to fix it yourself.

OP doesn't count though since he seems to have a DS and not a DT LOL

Reactions: Jtr

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's not clear what truck options you have (you need to add your truck options in your signature) but from what you described it may also be leakage from the sunroof drainage tube that would be located in the bottom of the front driver's side door. There are a few threads on that issue in the forum.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
leaks are common with guys without sunroofs .. that was the "argument" we all went through LOL

it is the 3rd brake light seal .. I pulled mine out and "reset" it and my leak stopped (but is coming back again). I also have the Pano Roof, and there is a Star Case telling Techs to remove the driver front fender and seal the body seam if the other 2 items did not fix the leak (the brake light and the drainage tube).

Ram1500DS

Reaction score
Has anyone had the driver side floor, carpet and insulation wet? There has been a lot of rain in Texas lately. The rubber floor mates kept the water from drying out.
thanks
Thanks for the help. After closer inspection the water only seems to be on the drivers side floor. Top of rear air duck was wet. No water under the front soundproofing by the pedals. Sheet metal does not fit by left seat rail(I was able to slide a plactic wire tie into the opening for at least nine inches), but the passenger side looks the same but did not prob it. Is there a good link for the TSB for this truck.

Ram1500DS

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. After closer inspection the water only seems to be on the drivers side floor. Top of rear air duck was wet. No water under the front soundproofing by the pedals. Sheet metal does not fit by left seat rail(I was able to slide a plastic wire tie into the opening for at least nine inches), but the passenger side looks the same but did not prob it. Is there a good link for the TSB for this truck.
I found the leak origination point and the exit point. The water is coming in at the point where the roof rail meet the windshield rubber, looks to be not seated correctly. The water makes it way down the front door pillar and comes out thru a gap in the welded seam. Actually above the small gap you can see in the photo. Off to the dealer in the AM.

Attachments

• 20190925_102956.jpg
    20190925_102956.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 269
  • Inked20190925_150648_LI.jpg
    Inked20190925_150648_LI.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 278

GerryS

Reaction score
To answer your opening question...

Gerry

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I found the leak origination point and the exit point. The water is coming in at the point where the roof rail meet the windshield rubber, looks to be not seated correctly. The water makes it way down the front door pillar and comes out thru a gap in the welded seam. Actually above the small gap you can see in the photo. Off to the dealer in the AM.

yup that's the 2nd leak .. 1st is the 3rd brake light.
I reset mine (the light and the strip that you pointed out) .. and my leaks stopped .. after a month, I do get some water again from the pillar portion when it rains really hard. Mine is supposed to go to the body shop to have the windshield removed and seal up the seam.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This really sucks getting a new truck and dealing with stuff like this. The last thought of buying any new vehicle is having water penetrating anywhere inside. I hope only positive experiences for you in the future after this gets fixed by the dealer.

VinnyRam

Reaction score
I just checked mine and yup I have the same leak on the driver side floor. Here are pictures showing the passenger vs the driver side. The driver side looks very similar to your picture Did you get it fix ?

Attachments

• driver.jpg
    driver.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 186
  • passenger.jpg
    passenger.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 184

Ram1500DS

Reaction score
I just checked mine and yup I have the same leak on the driver side floor. Here are pictures showing the passenger vs the driver side. The driver side looks very similar to your picture Did you get it fix ?
I have an appointment Oct. 7. I don't know if the water is coming in at the point where the roof rail meets the windshield rubber or if the windshield seal further down is bad. I'm hope full its no the windshield seal. The dealer needs to do his own water test then we take it from there. Thanks

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity. Is this something that happens over time? My truck doesnt leak that i have noticed, but it was sitting on the lot for like 8 months before i bought it. After reading on this forum, i checked the floorboards before leaving with it and didnt see any water and still havent

Ram1500DS

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity. Is this something that happens over time? My truck doesnt leak that i have noticed, but it was sitting on the lot for like 8 months before i bought it. After reading on this forum, i checked the floorboards before leaving with it and didnt see any water and still havent
The history in my case is this. It was built on April 2019, and had 151 miles on it after my test drive Sept 17. It sits in my drive way and endured Topical Storm Imelda on Sept 19. On Monday Sept 23rd; I for some reason pulled up the rubber all weather floor mats that came with it. I was able to duplicate the leak with the garden hose using the spray setting pointed directly at the point where the plastic roof rail meets the windshield rubber which is not seated correctly. I can only hope the dealership can reproduce the problem when they do their water test. The floor mats trapped the water in so in was not drying and the back of the mats where wet. Fortunately only thick pad and the carpet got wet for an area about 12 x 18 inches. So the padding wicked the water from the door sill over to the center consul. It should have been leaking from April to Sept. At least the potential was there. Hope this helps. I plan to follow up one my dealer correct everything. Thanks

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
The history in my case is this. It was built on April 2019, and had 151 miles on it after my test drive Sept 17. It sits in my drive way and endured Topical Storm Imelda on Sept 19. On Monday Sept 23rd; I for some reason pulled up the rubber all weather floor mats that came with it. I was able to duplicate the leak with the garden hose using the spray setting pointed directly at the point where the plastic roof rail meets the windshield rubber which is not seated correctly. I can only hope the dealership can reproduce the problem when they do their water test. The floor mats trapped the water in so in was not drying and the back of the mats where wet. Fortunately only thick pad and the carpet got wet for an area about 12 x 18 inches. So the padding wicked the water from the door sill over to the center consul. It should have been leaking from April to Sept. At least the potential was there. Hope this helps. I plan to follow up one my dealer correct everything. Thanks

I see. I keep my truck under a carport. I hope you get yours taken care of!

VinnyRam

Reaction score
Mine was ordered from the factory (no sunroof) and it has been sitting outside since December. I immediately added the Husky floor mats after taking delivery and so I couldn't see the puddle of water. Because of this forum, I just checked today and found a wet spot under the plastic mat on the driver side. It probably been leaking since day one. I'm sure many others are having the same issue but have not pulled up the floor mat to check.

Ram1500DS

Reaction score
Hello All: To follow up on the water leak, from months ago. I still have the leak after the windshield was replaced. Going back to the dealer Dec. 6.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello All: To follow up on the water leak, from months ago. I still have the leak after the windshield was replaced. Going back to the dealer Dec. 6.

Hi Ram1500DS,

I am very sorry to hear this. Please know that if you are in need of any extra support while working alongside your dealer, our team is just a private message away and more than happy to help.

Mark
RamCares

Ram1500DS

Reaction score
Hi Ram1500DS,

I am very sorry to hear this. Please know that if you are in need of any extra support while working alongside your dealer, our team is just a private message away and more than happy to help.

Mark
RamCares
Thank you, The truck is at the dealer now. You should also check my post on water leaks. After the windshield has been replaced I still have a water leak on the DF floor

ChevyTXBro

Reaction score
Does anyone have the TSB for this issue. I have a 2020 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport that is leaking water into the driver side floor board but can't find the TSB for it. People keep mentioning it but I can't find it.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread