5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watches

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What a cool thread. You guys have some very beautiful pieces. My wife bought me this very simple Citizen Eco chrono 10 years ago when we got married. Nothing really expensive or rare, I know, but at the time, $400 was a lot for a couple of kids just out of college with loans out the wazoo. I've worn it almost every day for the last 10 years, except when I broke the crystal. I was devastated. Luckily, $40 and I had it fixed. I've looked at other, more expensive, fancier watches now that we're making decent money, but I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on something else. Maybe someday this one will be my son's, and I can experiment with something else.
PXL_20220428_150135718.jpg

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Of course I’d like to get it fixed! The only problem is I don’t know if it’s worth the cost, meaning I don’t want to spend several hundred on getting it fixed if it’s only worth about $50. The back reads Registered Model Collection 8806 (I think).
View attachment 127975
When I get a little bit of time, I can dig into it and see what I come up with.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
View attachment 128001
Timex Expedition $34.95
You guys are too rich for my blood. 😆

I got that same watch as well, most watch people who have some pricey pieces likely have a similar digital watch in their collection. One of my favorite watches in my collection is my 20 year old Timex that cost me $50 at the time.

My recent purchase was a classic Casio F91W-1, a $15 digital watch that just about everything had as a kid. I can't wait to get mine delivered today :)

mophead

Reaction score
View attachment 128001
Timex Expedition $34.95
You guys are too rich for my blood. 😆
I broke that one about 20 yrs ago and replaced it with a newer analog one. They didn't have one of these. My favorite watch. The indiglo worked great when I worked nights. That's in pristine condition too. Looking at your posting time you may "only" be about 30 seconds slow too. Ran upstairs to mine to check the time. It's still within a few seconds. I haven't worn it in 4-5 yrs. I replaced the battery maybe 10 years ago and still ticking.

Crawpapa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unknown “sport watch” maker, unknown price - found it. But it’s solar and been running pretty good for about 4 years now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 7

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Crawpapa I didn’t come up with anything, but I did buy a nice vintage festina hand-wind movement, so it wasn’t a total loss.

Crawpapa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here’s a NAVIFORCE that I bought off Facebook for $20, and it’s a pretty nice watch. I don’t know anything about the brand. The band is almost too short though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s a NIVIFORCE that I bought off Facebook for $20, and it’s a pretty nice watch. I don’t know anything about the brand. The band is almost too short though.
Naviforce…
It’s a “Mall Kiosk” watch brand
It looks nice and for $20, you can’t go wrong with it! Enjoy it

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I am a big watch guy and have a nice collection of watches from $100 to several thousand. Not a fan of digital watches, but I do like the Naviforce and you can't beat $20 if you like cheap watches!

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seiko Orange Monster is probably one of my favorite watches ever. It's taken a beating over the last decade+ I've had it, but keeps on going, and it's an excellent dive watch. Got the Original Grain for Christmas one year. It's definitely a conversation starter as I haven't ever seen another one being worn. I have a couple Vincero's as well that I wear with some of my suits. They're a decent option for a relatively inexpensive, stylish watch. My daily wear is a Garmin Vivoactive 3 for the smart watch stuff as well as workouts and golfing.
1655646439254.png

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Seiko Orange Monster is probably one of my favorite watches ever. It's taken a beating over the last decade+ I've had it, but keeps on going, and it's an excellent dive watch. Got the Original Grain for Christmas one year. It's definitely a conversation starter as I haven't ever seen another one being worn. I have a couple Vincero's as well that I wear with some of my suits. They're a decent option for a relatively inexpensive, stylish watch. My daily wear is a Garmin Vivoactive 3 for the smart watch stuff as well as workouts and golfing.
View attachment 132559
I love Orange as well. Treated myself to a relatively inexpensive Seiko too. Seiko just introduced, last year, a new line of automatic watches that retail for $295. You can get Orange, Green, Blue and maybe black...can't recall. I bought mine for $165 online from Greentoe from an authorized retailer. It has become my favorite watch to wear daily and I get a ton of compliments on it.

Attachments

• watch.jpg
    watch.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 11

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 132559
I love the Orange Monster! It’s what got me into modding watches.

I love Orange as well. Treated myself to a relatively inexpensive Seiko too. Seiko just introduced, last year, a new line of automatic watches that retail for $295. You can get Orange, Green, Blue and maybe black...can't recall. I bought mine for $165 online from Greentoe from an authorized retailer. It has become my favorite watch to wear daily and I get a ton of compliments on it.
I have a custom build that started life as the same model as yours. I sourced a movement from the original Seiko diver (year 1968) and had the following custom pieces done: movement ring, date disc, dial, hands (modded to vintage mov’t spec), chapter ring, bezel, insert, and double-domed sapphire crystal (off-the-shelf for a skx007 but modified to enhance fisheye effect). It’s on an Engineer II bracelet.

5C1E0D1B-B6BE-4ECE-9573-13CAA1BF4E21.jpeg
8B795C59-30A9-4B3C-A3D7-BF7725EF8496.jpeg

EA34D842-44D2-4768-B1C2-202F985D0CEB.jpeg

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Couple from the collection...
Nice! What model is that Pam? I hate to admit it, but I can’t keep up with all the different model numbers. I have a 1033 getting a service right now (because of an issue). I’ll post some pics whenever it finally gets back.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a PIAGET, Corum, TAG, Bulova, Seiko, Longines, ESQ Movado, and several more. I don't like wearing anything super expensive. The PIAGET and Corum I received from family. The TAG I bought in 2014 as a treat to myself after getting a huge bonus at work (just couldn't get myself to pay more for a ROLEX). My daily watches are the Bulova and Seiko of which I get a ton of compliments on. Here a few that aren't in my safe:

Bulova.jpg
TW.jpg
ESQ.jpg

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a PIAGET, Corum, TAG, Bulova, Seiko, Longines, ESQ Movado, and several more. I don't like wearing anything super expensive. The PIAGET and Corum I received from family. The TAG I bought in 2014 as a treat to myself after getting a huge bonus at work (just couldn't get myself to pay more for a ROLEX). My daily watches are the Bulova and Seiko of which I get a ton of compliments on. Here a few that aren't in my safe:

View attachment 133037
View attachment 133038
View attachment 133039
That precisionist is gorgeous, I didn’t know that was a model. I missed out on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread