5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Washer fluid type

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
How is it a KAREN? It is done everyday for customers, so is topping of fluids, checking tire pressures, There are plenty of people out there(esp in the older crowd) that have no problems asking for it. They even go inside and grab a cookie and a coffee while they wait.

Oh your are the same person who claims there is a battery IN the radio......
Bro, you have problems.

I have worked at 5 dealerships in 28 years in 3 different cities.
Maybe you should just live inside a dealership because you don't seem to be very effective in the real world with your attitude. Typical service writer.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Typical service writer.
I work on these cars. I just gave you my hours for the year. I'm fairly effective at my job.

Now back to your battery IN the radio. Got proof of that?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221125_131752_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20221125_131752_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 35

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am not one who is scared of a carwash. While the dealer will run your vehicle through for free. Yea, it takes about an hour for some flunkie to come get it and do so. No thank you.

I think they do this by design so cheap skates don't come in bumming free crap all the time. I couldn't imagine the hour for $0.50 of washer fluid. It's probably more than that in gas to idle into the bay these days.

Come on, I know we can beat this dead horse for more than 63 posts. At least break 100!

Last edited:

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This doesn't offer freeze protection. This would be a major drawback.

I have added diluted alcohol before. Cleaned the windshield great and did not freeze. Multiple drawbacks though. It was tails so it did not smell great. Not really good for the wiper blades. If you don't know a source I guess it would be an expensive option. 😉
yes for freeze protection diluted alcohol is needed, but where I live we don't get to the point when water freezes unless I go up to the mountains in snow season.

im trying to find the formula VW uses on theirs. Has a bit of alcohol it smells like but not so strong or bad.

swizlstik

Reaction score
I’ve been using this since it helps with bugs that get dried on here in the valley. It’s in all 3 of our vehicles and both my daughters car and my truck are having issues. My truck will pump it, but it doesn’t come out on the windshield. It will puddle on each side on the ground behind the front tires. View attachment 144629

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just get regular blue washer fluid. If you live where it gets below freezing for longer than a day or two, then make sure to the get the stuff rated for below zero.
If you can't or it's full of the above freezing stuff, pour in a bottle or two of rubbing alcohol, higher percent the better( freezes between -26 and -58 degrees F) It'll lower the freeze point enough to get you through all but the coldest of places.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve been using this since it helps with bugs that get dried on here in the valley. It’s in all 3 of our vehicles and both my daughters car and my truck are having issues. My truck will pump it, but it doesn’t come out on the windshield. It will puddle on each side on the ground behind the front tires. View attachment 144629
can't see attachment...

6of36

Reaction score

John Galt

Reaction score
I use synthetic washer fluid with nano-ceramics and ferromagnetic additives.

It’s not cheap at $17 an ounce but it keeps my washer fluid pump from failing and has a preservative that lubricates my wiper blades every time I use them. I also get an extra 4 MPG due to a slicker windshield!

I used to use the cheap blue stuff but the extra cash in my pocket was kinda annoying to lug around.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Turns out that washer fluid is bad for the planet, stock up.... To be clear I was talking about ammo

You're starting to worry me. You visited a website called "treehugger.com"?

It's time for a therapy session. We need to break out a few jars, light the bonfire and get some glow in the dark skeet for some night shooting. Now I just need to figure out tracer fire bird shot! 😆🤣

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You're starting to worry me. You visited a website called "treehugger.com"?

It's time for a therapy session. We need to break out a few jars, light the bonfire and get some glow in the dark skeet for some night shooting. Now I just need to figure out tracer fire bird shot! 😆🤣
Looks up dragons breath

Users who are viewing this thread