5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Washer fluid type

gofishn

Reaction score
You do know they make it 'blue' so Boys will buy it?

Be Man enough to 'Go Pink'

Seriously though, whatever is on sale and rated for "Minus I can't believe I live in this damn State"

.... But, if it;s Pink I buy it with a SMILE

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I used to use the Rain-x fluid in my 11 ram and I never had a problem. I've been using Rain-x fluid in my 21 ram since new without any problems. I have never known anyone that used or uses rain-x fluid to have any problems.

n8zcc

Reaction score
The last stuff I bought was purple. All I care about is it won't freeze and is on sale. Today I'm headed over to Family Farm and Home, they have blue washer fluid good to 20 below for 99 cents a gallon.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In the Phoenix area, stores generally stock the summer blend. A couple of years ago I took a winter trip from Phoenix to Spokane and had one heck of a time finding a winter blend. I found one store on the other side of the Valley that had it in stock. You'd think more would carry it since people routinely travel to the ski areas in Flagstaff and Show Low. I was surprised.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I
I used to use the Rain-x fluid in my 11 ram and I never had a problem. I've been using Rain-x fluid in my 21 ram since new without any problems. I have never known anyone that used or uses rain-x fluid to have any problems.
Have replaced too many sensors on the 4th gen, none on the 5th gen when they use rainx brand.

Who pays for washer solvent, just pull into your dealer have have them top it off.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I

Have replaced too many sensors on the 4th gen, none on the 5th gen when they use rainx brand.

Who pays for washer solvent, just pull into your dealer have have them top it off.
Easier to just have a bottle in your garage and top off as needed rather than having to plan a trip to dealer and messing around with that wasted time. 1/2 hour minimum at dealer, plus the drive there, or 2 minutes in my garage. Pretty easy decision for me.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
As I mentioned previously, I use the rain-x fluid. It works great for when the windshield gets frozen too. It let's you scrape the windshield with very little effort. The truck is a year and a half old and I'm still using the original wiper blades because I hard even have to use them with the rain-x

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I

Ok. I never once had a problem with the rain-x fluid in either my 4th or now my 5th gen trucks. And it costs like $3 so I'm not worried about paying for it myself

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There's just zero reason to pay extra for the rain-x fluid. no real benefit. Get regular washer fluid, can find it on sale frequently for $1.

Just get your windshield ceramic coated and not mess with rain-x at all.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just get the cheapest fluid that can handle the temperature for your you live/travel.

PDiddy

Reaction score
I’ve always just used the blue stuff. It taste good too.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The blue stuff, if I have extra coin purple Windex. Rain X contains silicone or wax, leaves spots on the cowl and slime on the windshield

I was just about to post the same about Rain X. My wife's car had Rain X in the washer tank when we bought it and that stuff makes a mess of the windshield, A pillars, and the cowl. I would drain it out of it was possible. I like the blue stuff. It's cheap and doesn't leave a mess.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
There's just zero reason to pay extra for the rain-x fluid. no real benefit. Get regular washer fluid, can find it on sale frequently for $1.

Just get your windshield ceramic coated and not mess with rain-x at all.
I call bull$hit on that. With the rain-x I seldom have to use my wipers in the rain and ice literally just wipes off the windshield. I can get regular blue washer fluid for free from work but I feel it's worth the money for the rain-x but you do you my man

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Easier to just have a bottle in your garage and top off as needed rather than having to plan a trip to dealer and messing around with that wasted time. 1/2 hour minimum at dealer, plus the drive there, or 2 minutes in my garage. Pretty easy decision for me.
Oh yes my bad...... that solvent fairy personally delivers it to your garage.

I made a simple suggestion that anyone(including you) can stop at a dealer get it topped off. It doesn't take 30 minutes. There are plenty of people that drive by dealers on their way to wherever they get their juice from.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok. I never once had a problem with the rain-x fluid in either my 4th or now my 5th gen trucks. And it costs like $3 so I'm not worried about paying for it myself
There are star cases for this exact problem, since you never experienced it it isn't an issue. Reference star case S1408000258. That was for a 4th gen Ram.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
There are star cases for this exact problem, since you never experienced it it isn't an issue. Reference star case S1408000258. That was for a 4th gen Ram.
Never said it wasn't a problem. Just saying I never seen a problem but good for you bud.

Users who are viewing this thread