5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Washer fluid type

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I stated I have seen many problems, thanks for all the help you provide.
And I've stated that I have not seen those problem so you go do you and have a good time doing it

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Oh yes my bad...... that solvent fairy personally delivers it to your garage.

I made a simple suggestion that anyone(including you) can stop at a dealer get it topped off. It doesn't take 30 minutes. There are plenty of people that drive by dealers on their way to wherever they get their juice from.
I guess you never go shopping anywhere.

It's not like you can just pull up to a service bays at dealer and yell to one of the techs to "top it off". You have to go through service entrance, talk to service writer. Then see if they have time to take it back to the service bays. It's not a simple in and out. And not all dealers will do that for free either. I take my work van to dealer for oil changes since it's part of the Enterprise Fleet vehicles. Depending on what dealer I go to, one will top off fluids during the oil change, the other two don't

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I call bull$hit on that. With the rain-x I seldom have to use my wipers in the rain and ice literally just wipes off the windshield. I can get regular blue washer fluid for free from work but I feel it's worth the money for the rain-x but you do you my man
Get your windshield ceramic coated. Better than rain-x and no worries about other issues being reported. My windshield is ceramic coated. I rarely use my wipers in the rain, and bugs wipe right off.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Around my area the cheap blue stuff is very hard to find lately. Supply chain shortages I guess like everything else. Instead I’m forced to buy the more expensive stuff at 2-3 times the price.😡

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess you never go shopping anywhere.

It's not like you can just pull up to a service bays at dealer and yell to one of the techs to "top it off". You have to go through service pay, talk to service writer. Then see if they have time to take it back to the service bays. It's not a simple in and out. And not all dealers will do that for free either. I take my work van to dealer for oil changes since it's part of the Enterprise Fleet vehicles. Depending on what dealer I go to, one will top off fluids during the oil change, the other two don't
Not all dealers are built the same. I have worked at 5 dealerships in 28 years in 3 different cities. Everyone would top off fluids and check tires in the lane for free. I guess I have been fortunate in that way.

You pull up to the big door, it opens(or its open), you pull in the building, and you talk to an employee. This is how every dealer I have worked at operates. I will check tires and top fluids off, it is a great way to interact with customers, it goes a long way.

I take back my personal experiences.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not all dealers are built the same. I have worked at 5 dealerships in 28 years in 3 different cities. Everyone would top off fluids and check tires in the lane for free. I guess I have been fortunate in that way.

You pull up to the big door, it opens(or its open), you pull in the building, and you talk to an employee. This is how every dealer I have worked at operates. I will check tires and top fluids off, it is a great way to interact with customers, it goes a long way.

I take back my personal experiences.
Every dealer around me has a main service entrance where the service writers sit. You can't even see the entrance for actual service bays. This is the same across the board for every brand, and different dealer groups. You pull in, have to get out of your vehicle and talk to one of the service writers. Then they will look you up in computer. Maybe for something like air pressure checks, or topping off washer fluid, they may just call in a lot portter to run it to the service bays, but the customer certainly doesn't just drive up to service bays and have a tech do any of that. I just do all my own maintenance, unless it's a warranty issue. That way I know what fluids are going into my vehicle and how much. And easier to have a couple jugs of washer fluid on the shelf in garage, than hope you don't run out before you can make it to a dealer. In the winter, when roads are slushy, you go through washer fluid fast.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hate Rain-X. Once that crap gets on the glass you can't hardly get it off. Creates glare and other issues at specific times.

House brand deicer fluid in winter, bug cleaning type in summer, and Bosch Icon blades. That is all.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe for something like air pressure checks, or topping off washer fluid, they may just call in a lot portter to run it to the service bays, but the customer certainly doesn't just drive up to service bays and have a tech do any of that.
I never said you pull in a service bay. You pull in the service lane, big difference. Again every dealer I have worked at has an air hose, washer solvent all right there.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I never said you pull in a service bay. You pull in the service lane, big difference. Again every dealer I have worked at has an air hose, washer solvent all right there.
Guess I've never thought to myself, "I should run to the dealer to get my washer fluid topped off." So wouldn't have ever asked. Like I said in both my previous replies. It's just easier to have a couple gallon jugs in my garage and top it off myself when needed. I've never made a special trip to a store specifically for washer fluid. Just one of those things where you know you are going to need some, so you just grab some during a regular shipping trip, or when buying oil for oil changes, which I also do myself

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I am doing me. Thanks for caring, you are in my thoughts now. 🫶
Dude, you realize you're getting butthurt over what people use for washer fluid right? You use whatever you want to use and others will use what they want to use. It's pretty simple really. No need to get triggered over washer fluid lol

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dude, you realize you're getting butthurt over what people use for washer fluid right? You use whatever you want to use and others will use what they want to use. It's pretty simple really. No need to get triggered over washer fluid lol
I think he was just replying in kind to your comment. Both of you were getting a little chippy

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dude you are the triggered one. I don't care what you use, there are many documented Rainx issues and the level sensors. Don't go full Karen on us now.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Dude you are the triggered one. I don't care what you use, there are many documented Rainx issues and the level sensors. Don't go full Karen on us now.
Ok bud. You keep telling yourself that lol

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I think he was just replying in kind to your comment. Both of you were getting a little chippy
I just find it astonishing that the guy is arguing about washer fluid.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ok. I never once had a problem with the rain-x fluid in either my 4th or now my 5th gen trucks. And it costs like $3 so I'm not worried about paying for it myself
Me neither, using it now and have been since new. Used it for 17 years in my 2003, never had any sort of problem

Users who are viewing this thread