5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
I hope its that idatalink too! Because if that messy problem happened on its own, im going to be one paranoid person as a 19 ram owner

2019Ram64

Reaction score
I hope its that idatalink too! Because if that messy problem happened on its own, im going to be one paranoid person as a 19 ram owner
The jl it is happening to has had some work so I can’t respond to that. But doesn’t have the bypass I do and the results are similar but not the same. Good friends with a Chrysler person he says it’s not isolated. and there has been numerous bcm hardware changes since release on both vehicles. So not sure. Hope the idatalink box is the cause. Because that would be simple. But nothing in life is simple

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Im with @geotex1 ... if u take it off and it seems to go away, please dont leave us hanging here.

2019Ram64

Reaction score
Notice rpm mph work. Gas gauge is dead and multiple lights

image.jpg

EC534F03-1344-4BF9-BB77-634B89CDCC77.jpeg

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Seems like speedo and rpm are wired, and other sensored. And it makes sense that they would be, and the others are not. Helps prevent odometer tinkering.

So, with that, looks like a full system overload, not just part. Shorting from... something.

2019Ram64

Reaction score
All items on cluster are bussed. Some are just more important. Gas gauge runs thru bcm. Where as rpm and mph are dumped on the bus And don’t run thru the bcm

2019Ram64

Reaction score
I would say this is good info for those who may experience this issue. As I was told it’s not isolated and isn’t determined wether it’s wiring or a recent bcm vender change.

I would say tho it has rained many times it’s not fun when your wipers stop working during a down pour for 10 minutes

2019Ram64

Reaction score
at this point anything can be the cause of the drop in comm. just crazy everything on the same bus talk to each other during the loss and all report bcm has dropped. Including the cluster. I’m exhausted I definitely need to sleep on this one. Hopefully I can work something out in a few days I drive back to Dallas from Florida.

Honestly outside of the orange block you can’t even tell there is any change in the engine bay or anything has been messed with. But the minute it’s see. A dealer will point to that no matter what.

FYI jl in question has a hellcat in it. Has been fine for a while happened twice in one day and stopped. Or may happen again who knows.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
On google searches, i am seeing loads of chryslers with cluster problems very similar to what ur saying. Some seem to solve after a rewire of the cluster, some after a canbus reset, and some just replace the cluster.

2019Ram64

Reaction score
Searching the web. Nothing similar has come up. Probably because it’s a new platform. According to a Chrysler friend this happens every time something new comes out. Having changed the bcm before my trip from Michigan to Florida with no change. I looked at schematics and was able to see that from the bcm all the connections go thru one of two buss bars. One on the passenger side which connects the major engine stuff and a main one on the drivers side behind the e-brake switch. Thru testing atleast 1 port out of 20 was no good. The green buss bar is for major stuff. The white one is for minor stuff. I’m currently busy building a fiberglass box under the seat so I haven’t driven the car since. But so far it hasn’t tripped on me any time I’ve had it on. Once I can order a new piece I will. The real test is when I head back to Dallas in a few days. Just keeping anyone who’s following up to date.

And just an FYI what happens is at about 40 miles down the road a bunch of lights trigger. And every other event apple car play freezes. And wipers etc stop working. So if anyone else experiences any of this post away let’s find a resolve. If I don’t find one in the mean time.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
back from the dead - did this get resolved? my truck doing this now, same dtc 's set. it does self-reset after a while. no aftermarket equipment except diablo pcm. tried factory pcm put back in, and problem re-occurs while driving.

jwelch11

Reaction score
back from the dead - did this get resolved? my truck doing this now, same dtc 's set. it does self-reset after a while. no aftermarket equipment except diablo pcm. tried factory pcm put back in, and problem re-occurs while driving.
Did you ever get a reply or fix for this? I have a 2019 doing the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread