5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

video/audio in motion

2019Ram64

Reaction score
Done it already posted about it. 12” screen fire tv installed video in motion. 12” with 360 cam equipped vehicle.

Using a tazer
Cargo cam input ( must reset radio with tazer ) or multiple key cycles using alpha obd.
cargo cam button on the devices screen or Uconnect menu
Must remap a key on steering wheel to get out of the video. Using tazer
Fire tv installed
Video in motion 360 cam equipped vehicle.
pin 21 ,22 on oem connector.
hdmi to rca converter
Hardwired high output dual usb behind radio wires to fuse box for power of fire tv and converter. Hardwired aux Input for audio. Trying to use bluetooth will be out of sync.

Attachments

• 98D7D682-27F1-4ABE-8C04-E68FD23FAF04.jpeg
    98D7D682-27F1-4ABE-8C04-E68FD23FAF04.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:

derp

Reaction score
Im loving the ingenuity in this thread. I would love to be able to watch plex/slingbox on my 12" screen!
that's already handled with the raspi. plex is good times and the unlimited data on the in-truck hotspot makes it awesome.

I am running stock raspbian right now, but with openelec/kodi you could end up with a very nice media center build.

what I don't like - using the aux cable I get hiss from the ground loop. I could manage this with an opto-electric isolator probably, but I'm lazy. Using bluetooth has no hiss, but also has an audio delay which I cringe at when audio and video are out of synch.

derp

Reaction score

now this is magic and completes the chain.

1: cargo cam input enable
2: raspi connect to cargo cam input
3: raspi screen mirror from phone
4: phone games/apps/movies playback.

derp

Reaction score
Done it already posted about it. 12” screen fire tv installed video in motion. 12” with 360 cam equipped vehicle.

Using a tazer
Cargo cam input ( must reset radio with tazer ) or multiple key cycles using alpha obd.
cargo cam button on the devices screen or Uconnect menu
Must remap a key on steering wheel to get out of the video. Using tazer
Fire tv installed
Video in motion 360 cam equipped vehicle.
pin 21 ,22 on oem connector.
hdmi to rca converter
Hardwired high output dual usb behind radio wires to fuse box for power of fire tv and converter. Hardwired aux Input for audio. Trying to use bluetooth will be out of sync.
I did the same, except the hdmi converter I used didn't have good overscan compensation. how did you get yours to not clip the sides and bottom of the converted NTSC output from your hdmi adapter?

2019Ram64

Reaction score
I did the same, except the hdmi converter I used didn't have good overscan compensation. how did you get yours to not clip the sides and bottom of the converted NTSC output from your hdmi adapter?
I don’t have any clipping occurring. I didn’t use any special adapter. It maybe your source doing it.

Santa

Reaction score
WOW. There is soooooo much information on this thread!
All that I want to do is to hook up a video source (my trailer backup camera) to my 12 inch Uconnect. My truck also has the 360 degree view but no cargo camera.
It seems like a Tazer DT and the Z Automotive video cable hooked to pins 21 and 22 (Z Automotive says that pins 21 and 22 are part of the surroundview system so they won’t work but everyone on this forum says that 21 and 22 ARE the correct pins) is the way for me to go. I should be able to access the trailer backup camera while backing up.

derp

Reaction score
WOW. There is soooooo much information on this thread!
All that I want to do is to hook up a video source (my trailer backup camera) to my 12 inch Uconnect. My truck also has the 360 degree view but no cargo camera.
It seems like a Tazer DT and the Z Automotive video cable hooked to pins 21 and 22 (Z Automotive says that pins 21 and 22 are part of the surroundview system so they won’t work but everyone on this forum says that 21 and 22 ARE the correct pins) is the way for me to go. I should be able to access the trailer backup camera while backing up.
I step by stepped through my install here:
when I activated the cargo cam feed on the head unit in software, those were the pins used.

it is entirely possible and even likely that this is also the input used for 360cam and you may have to pick and choose. I would think the system would use the main camera feed for the 3 60cam, but I am not an FCA EE.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Deleted- wrong information

Last edited:

Desertech118

Reaction score
I have been searching everywhere and can't find the answer to my question, which is, will tazer dt work on a 19 2500 with tuner plugged in to obd port?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have been searching everywhere and can't find the answer to my question, which is, will tazer dt work on a 19 2500 with tuner plugged in to obd port?
Tazer DT will not work on a 2019 ram 2500 at all. You need the tazer Ram, which does plug into the OBD port, therefore you would need a splitter. Other than that, you can run the tazer and tuner concurrently.

Desertech118

Reaction score
thank you that is exactly what mine does ugh I had to take it to the shop today to have my steering rack looked at (steering sticks when changing lanes) and they said it depends on the build sheet I may bot be able to get the cargo cam option at all....
Did you ever figure out why you couldnt get the cargo cam option to come up or did you finally figure it out?

Patamaran

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a naviks in motion lockout bypass? After I installed mine, the truck keeps throwing codes, and it didn't actually bypass anything. I also never got any instructions with the modile, so I have no clue what the dip switches on the device do.

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
I see this hasn’t been used in a while.

I have a couple questions if anyone knows.

a little background. I have a tazer dt and alphaobd

I wanted to play videos with either hdmi device or usb.

from reading all these pages I see that the tazer will allow you to turn on the cargo cam input. This will allow for whatever is connected from the rcas like a rca to hdmi converter. Or possibly video from a usb.

so if the cam is turned on with the tazer will that allow for the video in motion? Or is someting else needing to be enabled?

anyone have any pics behind the screen to see what the rear cam connection looks like?

Aardvarkeng

Reaction score
I see this hasn’t been used in a while.

I have a couple questions if anyone knows.

a little background. I have a tazer dt and alphaobd

I wanted to play videos with either hdmi device or usb.

from reading all these pages I see that the tazer will allow you to turn on the cargo cam input. This will allow for whatever is connected from the rcas like a rca to hdmi converter. Or possibly video from a usb.

so if the cam is turned on with the tazer will that allow for the video in motion? Or is someting else needing to be enabled?

anyone have any pics behind the screen to see what the rear cam connection looks like?
I can't vouch for the Tazer, but I used Alfa to enable the cargo cam successfully. It works automatically when the truck is put in reverse- there is a selection button in the upper LH part of the display to choose between the cargo cam and the tailgate cam. You can also select the cargo cam while in motion be selecting through the menu system. It shuts off after a few seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread