5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vehicle Health Report

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I do not know software version. The truck has a build date of 6/21 so I'd imagine it is the latest. If you know how I can check the software version without messing around too much I will check for you
On the bottom row of app icons at the bottom of the screen, press on the two outer ones for about 10 seconds (doesn’t matter what the icon arrangement is, it’s the locations on the touchscreen). This will get you to the screen with the software and application versions.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
On the bottom row of app icons at the bottom of the screen, press on the two outer ones for about 10 seconds (doesn’t matter what the icon arrangement is, it’s the locations on the touchscreen). This will get you to the screen with the software and application versions.
@GKIII Software version 21.05.11

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@GKIII Software version 21.05.11
hmmmm

I have 20.31.13 but Uconnect says there's no update available for my vehicle. I wonder if you have an updated hardware revision...

Edit: I guess the Uconnect update site is garbage. Figures :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
hmmmm

I have 20.31.13 but Uconnect says there's no update available for my vehicle. I wonder if you have an updated hardware revision...

Edit: I guess the Uconnect update site is garbage. Figures :rolleyes:
Yeah I have no idea. I bought the truck 2 weeks ago and the door sticker says it has a production date of 6/21. Maybe try uninstalling the app and download it again. I have no clue

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I have no idea. I bought the truck 2 weeks ago and the door sticker says it has a production date of 6/21. Maybe try uninstalling the app and download it again. I have no clue
It's not the app, the website says it's not available either. The truck simply isn't sending the data out. But since you have a later software rev, I'd be they fixed it after mine was built. I have recall work that needs to be done on mine, will ask them to update the software when I get that done and report back.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the 12" and also have the VHF showing in my Android app. I've had my truck for a month.

HeavyMetalHauler

Reaction score
I’ve had my ‘21 1500 with the 12 inch screen since November of last year and still no VHR in my UConnect app.

Truth1978

Reaction score
2021 Laramie Southwest edition. I’ve had my truck since November 2020. I’ve complained to everyone from Ram to Uconnect asking why my app did not have the info button. I was told that it was just not available on the 12 inch screens. Now all of a sudden about a week ago the info option just shows up in my app. I have an Apple phone.
4e5ff9acf6cd291a482558dae86bd1c4.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2021 Laramie Southwest edition. I’ve had my truck since November 2020. I’ve complained to everyone from Ram to Uconnect asking why my app did not have the info button. I was told that it was just not available on the 12 inch screens. Now all of a sudden about a week ago the info option just shows up in my app. I have an Apple phone.
4e5ff9acf6cd291a482558dae86bd1c4.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would you mind checking the software version in your truck? I personally think it's related to that...

LV426

Reaction score
Below is the reply from the clueless support people at FCA, no explanation or details... It would be great if we could find someone with some info regarding this.

Its my understating that the 20 & 21 have the same 12" radio, the hardware apparently changes on the 22 from what I have read (please correct me if I'm wrong, only going by what I've read elsewhere in here)

Attachments

• VHR.PNG
    VHR.PNG
    167 KB · Views: 62

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Below is the reply from the clueless support people at FCA, no explanation or details... It would be great if we could find someone with some info regarding this.

Its my understating that the 20 & 21 have the same 12" radio, the hardware apparently changes on the 22 from what I have read (please correct me if I'm wrong, only going by what I've read elsewhere in here)
Yea the '22 MY gets uconnect5

MoMo_boo

Reaction score
My 21 with 12” has VHR showing up as of 4 days ago on the iOS app.

LV426

Reaction score
Well, here is another reply from Uconnect's **** poor support... I honestly wish I would have just went with the 8.4, it's like every few weeks I discover another issue with this damn 12".

Attachments

• uconnect 1.PNG
    uconnect 1.PNG
    99.7 KB · Views: 29
  • uconnect2.PNG
    uconnect2.PNG
    29.2 KB · Views: 29

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
It's funny because people are itching to get the VHR but I find it can be very annoying. It sends a text or email to my phone everytime I shut the truck off with less than a quarter tank of gas. If I make three stops on my way to the gas station I'll get three texts or emails. Like I said, to me its annoying. I know I need gas. I dont need a reminder everytime the engine shuts off

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's funny because people are itching to get the VHR but I find it can be very annoying. It sends a text or email to my phone everytime I shut the truck off with less than a quarter tank of gas. If I make three stops on my way to the gas station I'll get three texts or emails. Like I said, to me its annoying. I know I need gas. I dont need a reminder everytime the engine shuts off
I believe you can change those message settings under vehicle preferences in the app.

LV426

Reaction score
My guess is that those notifications can be enabled/disabled if not through the app itself (Uconnect), or you could disable them via the phone (at least I know I could with Android).

Anyway, the point is that they touted this radio as packed with features, blah, blah, blah, top of the line and from my own experience and reading specifically through the 12" Uconnect thread it's packed with nothing but issues and poor support from Uconnect... Look at the response from them, poorly written with zero explanation "the hardware issue is on all UAX and just replacing it with another radio will still have this issue at this time " This statement does not make sense... 19's 20's and 21's have the 12" UAX radio, do they not??? And if there is a hardware issue, then shouldn't it be fixed or replaced, what problems or compatibility issues can we expect down the road due to this hardware issue?

Yes, the truck is still great without the VHR, Non working Weather maps, Non updated Navigation maps, microscopic clock, glitchy volume, no actual "reset" function, etc... But we paid a significant amount more for this radio (at least I did) so I expect it to function as it should and I really don't want to have to worry about it crapping out due to a this hardware issue that Uconnect is now admitting. I also expect better support from Uconnect, the guys I have been dealing with are at Walmart level...

Lrpilot

Reaction score
I have a ‘21 Longhorn. Today, I got the VHR emailed to me for the first time and I also now have the health report in the app on my Apple iPhone. I guess something updated.

reb0957

Reaction score
My guess is that those notifications can be enabled/disabled if not through the app itself (Uconnect), or you could disable them via the phone (at least I know I could with Android).

Anyway, the point is that they touted this radio as packed with features, blah, blah, blah, top of the line and from my own experience and reading specifically through the 12" Uconnect thread it's packed with nothing but issues and poor support from Uconnect... Look at the response from them, poorly written with zero explanation "the hardware issue is on all UAX and just replacing it with another radio will still have this issue at this time " This statement does not make sense... 19's 20's and 21's have the 12" UAX radio, do they not??? And if there is a hardware issue, then shouldn't it be fixed or replaced, what problems or compatibility issues can we expect down the road due to this hardware issue?

Yes, the truck is still great without the VHR, Non working Weather maps, Non updated Navigation maps, microscopic clock, glitchy volume, no actual "reset" function, etc... But we paid a significant amount more for this radio (at least I did) so I expect it to function as it should and I really don't want to have to worry about it crapping out due to a this hardware issue that Uconnect is now admitting. I also expect better support from Uconnect, the guys I have been dealing with are at Walmart level...
This right here is what ticks me off! My 8.4 in my 2016 worked flawlessly. Radar updated, vehicle health report, lock and unlock from Uconnect app. And it was cheaper for UConnect.

My 12" 2019 has AA and using Waze on the split screen is awesome! The nav has never worked right. SiriusXM traffic alerts once you are stuck in the traffic. Radar sucks! And every time SiriusXM guardian updates it takes a week to get remote functions to work with speed!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread