5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vehicle Health Report

Tmsmedic

Reaction score
There was an issue in the past on the Vehicle Health Report not working but I cannot find any reference for 2021 Ram 1500's with the 12.1. Can anyone confirm that the vehicle health report either works or does not work? My vehicle has not updated since purchased. Thanks

Jasonml24

Reaction score
In my 19 Laramie with the 8.4 it worked. Just turned it in and leased a 21 night edition Bighorn in May with the 12.1 and was disappointed it didn’t report it on the app. I did some looking here on the forum and saw for some reason it didn’t work with the 12.1 which makes no sense to me. Surprisingly just this weekend I was messing around on the app and all of a sudden it’s reporting it. I read that everyone has been waiting for an update to make it work. They must’ve finally updated it.

Tmsmedic

Reaction score
In my 19 Laramie with the 8.4 it worked. Just turned it in and leased a 21 night edition Bighorn in May with the 12.1 and was disappointed it didn’t report it on the app. I did some looking here on the forum and saw for some reason it didn’t work with the 12.1 which makes no sense to me. Surprisingly just this weekend I was messing around on the app and all of a sudden it’s reporting it. I read that everyone has been waiting for an update to make it work. They must’ve finally updated it.
Hmmm. I checked the software update and it says I am up to date.

Jasonml24

Reaction score
I’m not sure if it’s a radio update or Uconnect had to update something on their end. I know I’ve had the truck since May 21st and it had never worked up until this weekend. The remote start and all that worked fine from day one, just not the vehicle info.

Jasonml24

Reaction score
Working fine now for 3 days.

Attachments

• DDD36D70-0184-4B73-8BD6-AA9368515EFB.png
    DDD36D70-0184-4B73-8BD6-AA9368515EFB.png
    118.6 KB · Views: 122

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That’s nice to see, but I’m not going to pay those crazy Guardian fees to test it ;)

LV426

Reaction score
It seems like everything works sort of half assed with the 12", I really wonder why that is?
No VHR (as of right now), Nav updates/search issue, volume issues switching from nav to music (it gets stuck low occasionally), weather map not updating, no proper reset and the biggest failure beyond belief is the damn clock...How the hell did they screw this up so bad. I've had 3 separate occasions now where my passenger is like, "where is the clock?" I know where it is and still can't see it sometimes. That huge display with that tiny clock, my watch shows the time larger... It also gets covered sometimes in Google nav by the green road signs, dumbest **** ever... There should be a large clock displayed in the top center of that damn screen, on all the time.

LV426

Reaction score
Working fine now for 3 days.
Interesting, I have all the services still and yet this is not an option. I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app with no "INFO" option on the bottom. Another reason I probably will not renew these Uconnect/Guardian/whatever the hell services...

Jasonml24

Reaction score
That’s nice to see, but I’m not going to pay those crazy Guardian fees to test it ;)
I do agree to an extent but I’ve spent money on dumber things than that. While I agree it’s dumb that you have to pay for it, it’s not anymore ridiculous than spending money on SiriusXM just to listen to the radio. The nice thing is it’s a choice if you want to pay for it or not and it’s still cheaper than the app on my wife’s Acura that doesn’t come standard with remote start. I guess for some it’s a nice feature and for some they could care less.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do agree to an extent but I’ve spent money on dumber things than that. While I agree it’s dumb that you have to pay for it, it’s not anymore ridiculous than spending money on SiriusXM just to listen to the radio. The nice thing is it’s a choice if you want to pay for it or not and it’s still cheaper than the app on my wife’s Acura that doesn’t come standard with remote start. I guess for some it’s a nice feature and for some they could care less.
Is your app Android or Apple and what is the version number please

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm going to load the app on my wife's iphone and see if the info option is there. It's not on Android

Jasonml24

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm going to load the app on my wife's iphone and see if the info option is there. It's not on Android
Your welcome! Like I said in my earlier post, it just started working over the weekend for me and I’ve had the truck over a month now. The app did everything else but show the health report up until now. I had zero issues with it when I had my 8.4 in my old truck.

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
i have a 21 Limited with the 12" screen and still no VHR yet. deleted the app, reinstalled, still nothing.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought my truck on May 22nd and I'd been waiting for it to send me my VHR like my 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee did. Finally yesterday it updated and gave me the report. I didn't do anything, it just happened to, I guess, refresh something and it worked. I do have the 12" screen so it's not that.

LV426

Reaction score
App version is 3.4.9 (Android), I seem to not have the steering wheel "INFO" icon on the bottom. Maybe it only works with Apple at this time which would not surprise me.

Attachments

• tmp-share.jpg
    tmp-share.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 43

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
App version 3.5.3 on Apple.

7cf8921e619138c9a6101953434fcd4b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread