5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vanity Plates

How many of you have a vanity plate on your RAM?

• Yes

• No

• Considering It

• Why, I think it's silly

• I have in the past

Results are only viewable after voting.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LEOs can look you your name / number plate very easily by entering it in their in car mobile data terminal or via direct feed from a license plate camera. Auto searches State plate and or National NCIC databases. Instant hits bring up all registration information, wants/warrants. Only legally available to LEOs and not the general public.
I have no problem with a LEO looking up my late number.

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LEOs can look you your name / number plate very easily by entering it in their in car mobile data terminal or via direct feed from a license plate camera. Auto searches State plate and or National NCIC databases. Instant hits bring up all registration information, wants/warrants. Only legally available to LEOs and not the general public.
I have a bunch of blue friends, I can't imagine any of them bothering to look up a plate unless they have it stopped in front of them, even the investigation folks need a reason, just why bother.

Camelot

Reaction score
I have a bunch of blue friends, I can't imagine any of them bothering to look up a plate unless they have it stopped in front of them, even the investigation folks need a reason, just why bother.
In MI we run plates all the time. There is no probable cause needed to run a plate in MI. Traffic guys probably run 75-100 a shift. Stolen cars, felony warrants and other fun stuff pops up all the time. If it does = probable cause and a traffic stop.

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
Well I would spring for the extra $$$ for RED RAM but someone else must have it because it is not available in FL :(.

Dave

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In MI we run plates all the time. There is no probable cause needed to run a plate in MI. Traffic guys probably run 75-100 a shift. Stolen cars, felony warrants and other fun stuff pops up all the time. If it does = probable cause and a traffic stop.
I get that, I just wonder why people are scared to put on line, I mean is it any different from just sitting in your driveway, need was the wrong term 🤔 care maybe better,

Jako

Reaction score
In MI can the plate be run without a "pin" or personal identifier? From conversations (no personal experience) that is the case in NYC.

Camelot

Reaction score
In MI can the plate be run without a "pin" or personal identifier? From conversations (no personal experience) that is the case in NYC.
Everything I run on the MDC (PC in the car) ties back to my log in so it can be traced back to me that I looked up the plate. If I radio in and ask it will also be a record of it.

Jako

Reaction score
Everything I run on the MDC (PC in the car) ties back to my log in so it can be traced back to me that I looked up the plate. If I radio in and ask it will also be a record of it.
10-4, authorization code.

Users who are viewing this thread