5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vanity Plates

How many of you have a vanity plate on your RAM?

• Yes

• No

• Considering It

• Why, I think it's silly

• I have in the past

Results are only viewable after voting.

cervelo15

Reaction score
I’ve said this before, but PA has some of the most unoriginal license plates. Every plate is the same color scheme with the specialty charity or group icon on the plate. Not going to waste my money on a plate when it’s going to look like everyone else’s plate in the state. We re ranked 49 out of 50 (50 being the worst) for state license plates!

84AFBC42-39F1-476F-B089-9CD4C1BB3066.jpeg

One plus is we only have one plate. And they got rid of the yearly plate registration tags.

Last edited:

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
My sweetie likes her Fox license play. It's from Arkansas Game & Fish. But not really a custom plate. Arkansas has about 50 different plates to choose from.

CarlaRam23July2021_02.jpg

For me, I'm more of a "bear" kind of guy.

DodgeLicenseLight02.jpg

And while not a Ram, I do have one custom plate:

Daytona21Feb2020_03.jpg

Redfour5

Reaction score
I’ve said this before, but PA has some of the most unoriginal license plates. Every plate is the same color scheme with the specialty charity or group icon on the plate. Not going to waste my money on a plate when it’s going to look like everyone else’s plate in the state. We re ranked 49 out of 50 (50 being the worst) for state license plates!

View attachment 104059

One plus is we only have one plate. And they got rid of the yearly plate registration tags.
Move to Montana...https://dojmt.gov/driving/plate-designs-and-fees/ On second thought, come visit spend money and go home. We won't make fun of your plate while you are here... Yeah, right... (jus joshin) I feel for you.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Move to Montana...https://dojmt.gov/driving/plate-designs-and-fees/ On second thought, come visit spend money and go home. We won't make fun of your plate while you are here... Yeah, right... (jus joshin) I feel for you.
Montana has some really 😎 plate designs! (And a beautiful state to boot!) Iowa has a lot of choices too...not really any complaints there. I think our rates are reasonable other than annual renewal fee can be steep on new vehicles. It's a "use tax" for roads and bridges.
https://iowadot.gov/mvd/vehicleregistration/vehicleregistration/plates/plates

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's $40 for a vanity plate every year in California, which normally I wouldn't do, but since they have the classic "Black Plate" available with your choice of number, I couldn't resist. The black plate looks good and it matches well with my truck and I used a number that is rather special to me. I'm going to keep doing it from now on.

The fee is added to my annual registration, which isn't cheap already, but not having a separate bill kinda makes me forget about it, lol.
So...what did you pick?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Living in MT, we have a lot of choices and really nice ones. You can order, or get what they have at the county DVM. I had like two on my list and wanted to coordinate with the Truck. My first choice was this https://media.dojmt.gov/wp-content/uploads/MFBN-UCThumb.jpg Unfortunately it is quite popular. So, I went with my second choice of this https://media.dojmt.gov/wp-content/uploads/Bird-of-PreyThumb.jpg The pic is of the truck before I got it so you can see what I was putting it on but me not giving up my identity since temp plates don't tell you poo. View attachment 104024
Are you really concerned about posting a plate number on a forum? What are you afraid of?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry, but I find it hillarious that folks are scared to death to show their plates😂

Lol, yeah I knew where you were going by the earlier posts. I honestly don't mind, but I don't think I have a good pic of it, will probably take one and post it later just to show off how good looking the black plate is.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 104059

I total agree, and i blame the left wing governor. Plain ugly plates. I guees they have to be that way, we wouldn't want to upset any snowflakes. Oh sh1t these gas guzzler are going to that anyway🤣

Redfour5

Reaction score
Are you really concerned about posting a plate number on a forum? What are you afraid of?
You may see a few posted, but most people will tend to fuzz them up somehow. And online you never know... Maybe someone doesn't like a response you make and for whatever reason decides to pursue you in some fashion. So, why not make things just a bit more difficult. I'm not too worried but as I noted, you can never tell, one less piece of information is one less someone can use.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You may see a few posted, but most people will tend to fuzz them up somehow. And online you never know... Maybe someone doesn't like a response you make and for whatever reason decides to pursue you in some fashion. So, why not make things just a bit more difficult. I'm not too worried but as I noted, you can never tell, one less piece of information is one less someone can use.
Can you look up info on a person by entering their plate number on a specific site? What if you **** off someone while driving around town and they take a pic of your plate? I'm sure a LEO could look up your information, but other than that, you would think it would be incredibly difficult to find any information on someone via a license plate number.

LouNY

Reaction score
When I got my current plate I was active in my local Marine Corp League,
the years have made me more of an inactive member.
Been considering just getting one of the various Veterans plate available.

My current ones;
MCL plate.jpg

And no I'm not concerned about someone seeing my plates or figuring out my location,
always ready to greet anyone, the greeting may differ depending on who it is ;)

Users who are viewing this thread