5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vanity Plates

How many of you have a vanity plate on your RAM?

• Yes

• No

• Considering It

• Why, I think it's silly

• I have in the past

Results are only viewable after voting.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where else to post this, so here goes: I just ordered a different set of vanity plates for my new ordered truck. I went with something new this time as my previous two trucks had the same plate on them. I'll reveal later (once my plate is approved) what it says-I'm pretty excited! Now I just need the darn truck to put them on when they arrive. 😂

I went with the blackout style again which the state of Iowa offers. I'm not a fan of our new "standard" plate design (plus a bunch of white background on the plate sticks out like a sore thumb!)
Well, that didn't take long. My plate has been approved already! I was going to put my handle on my plate, but decided on this instead. What do you think? Screenshot_20210830-214503_Chrome.jpg

Redfour5

Reaction score
Can you look up info on a person by entering their plate number on a specific site? What if you **** off someone while driving around town and they take a pic of your plate? I'm sure a LEO could look up your information, but other than that, you would think it would be incredibly difficult to find any information on someone via a license plate number.
There are ways... Ask any PI...

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
NH is $40 up front and I think $20 a year? I can't remember but I have vanity plates on every car / bike I own.
51392123609_9dc02ccb77_b.jpg
Considering the real cost of the Registration up here in NH, adding an Extra $20 to it is peanuts.
I have BLACULA on my 2008 Big Horn and BLKGHST on my 2021 Laramie.

Homeless at the moment in Nashua. Soon to be moving to Rindge, NH.

Malodave

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have vanity plates and as a disabled vet I wanted something simple so I switched up and just went
my initials.

Attachments

• 69B058A7-D639-41C0-9BD5-CDF447647EC7.jpeg
    69B058A7-D639-41C0-9BD5-CDF447647EC7.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 54

mmcbeat

Reaction score
I used to enjoy vanity plates but they have gotten too expensive for my blood.

I do have a story to tell, best plate ever.
I purchased a 1928 Model A Ford. When I went to the tag office to register it, everything was going as it should. Then the lady that was waiting on me said ”just a sec” and went to the back room. She came back with a smile and said “I knew this would be in the next box”. She issued me a standard state tag with the numbers “1928” on it. Cool, huh?

Last edited:

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks gentlemen
And to all who have served - Thank you for your service.

My family is going on 6- 7 straight generations of military service.
Fought in Most Major conflicts including Civil War, WWl, WWll, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War, Afghanistan

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
SD Rebel , It seems it wouldnt allow me to get my Radio Call sign with the legacy black plate as it looks like they are 2 different plates, amature radio plate and black legacy plate ( i tried to get just the black vanity plate with my call sign , and that didnt seem to work either ) which is unfortunate as i think it would look much better with the black plate . The woman who worked for the Auto Club told me they probably would not allow it , but she tried to imput it to the system as a black legacy plate with just my call sign but it wouldnt go through , much like it did for me when i tried to do it online ( i put it in my cart , but wouldnt let me check out ) she said that i could call DMV just to check and make sure , which i will probably try in a few days.
I think the dmv stop taking new orders for the legacy plates for the time being, that's what I read when I was trying to get mine a few months back. but in my case I did keep the ones from my trade in and I just transfer those over to the new ram. random numbers and letters but black plates which is what I wanted

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
To be a doctor?
Nice...first try! You would be surprised, or not, that most don't get it. Actually went through a year of Med School before my Dad passed away. Had to leave school due to money and fell back on my Engineering and got a job with Motorola. Life changing...but you have to roll with the punches you get in life.

Users who are viewing this thread