5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vanity Plates

How many of you have a vanity plate on your RAM?

• Yes

• No

• Considering It

• Why, I think it's silly

• I have in the past

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lufty

Banned
Reaction score
My wife and I have Musky Clubs Alliance plates (we are our musky club’s representatives to the Alliance) on our vehicles. It’s a $25 a year donation to the Alliance on top of the normal registration and another $15 a year if you want them personalized per plate.

The plate image used is from artist Rodd Umlauf and turned out great imo. 227557DA-BF24-464F-AC86-92510881E6EB.jpeg 31CBF79F-D583-4CF6-A5D6-22C0E7FA5DBE.jpeg

Vilas15

Reaction score
My wife and I have Musky Clubs Alliance plates (we are our musky club’s representatives to the Alliance) on our vehicles. It’s a $25 a year donation to the Alliance on top of the normal registration and another $15 a year if you want them personalized per plate.

The plate image used is from artist Rodd Umlauf and turned out great imo. View attachment 111242 View attachment 111243
My musky clubs alliance plates just arrived today! I didnt feel like customizing so its just 5 digits then MK but the MK is oriented vertically on the right. Kinda funky.

Big JD

Reaction score
In Texas:
$150/yr for 6 characters
$200/yr for 7 characters
Now, they do give a discount for a 5 year deal. But, that’s just too much money for a plate. Plus I have to pay for a yearly inspection and registration.
And I thought CA was bad, WOW

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I use to live in a yearly inspection state as well, it's funny people make fun of California smog stuff, but that doesn't come into effect until the 8th year of ownership.

I won't need a smog test on my RAM until near the end of this decade, even then it's a quick 7 minute OBDII test. After that, it's every other year, not even annually.

The lack of annual inspection also explains why you see ex-race cars and trophy looking trucks on the road, just as long as they pass smog every couple of years, they don't care.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use to live in a yearly inspection state as well, it's funny people make fun of California smog stuff, but that doesn't come into effect until the 8th year of ownership.

I won't need a smog test on my RAM until near the end of this decade, even then it's a quick 7 minute OBDII test. After that, it's every other year, not even annually.

The lack of annual inspection also explains why you see ex-race cars and trophy looking trucks on the road, just as long as they pass smog every couple of years, they don't care.
Once I realized I had 8 years to play with my truck I started buying parts left and right.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Once I realized I had 8 years to play with my truck I started buying parts left and right.

One of my cars has a non-CARB compliant intake, it takes me 20 minutes to change it out. Which I do every 2 years for my Smog Test. Funny thing is, the smog place I go doesn't pay much attention to that stuff, I could probably get away with leaving it on, but I rather avoid paying twice should they fail it.

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
Not on my truck, but I have had vanity plates on several cars:
DavesCars1.jpg

DavesCars2.jpg

My 67 Corvette roadster was LOADED with factory air, factory side exhaust, factory leather, and of course 427. My 66 Chevelle SS396 convertible and my L-88 clone Corvette roadster had the other 2 plates.

Dave

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One of my cars has a non-CARB compliant intake, it takes me 20 minutes to change it out. Which I do every 2 years for my Smog Test. Funny thing is, the smog place I go doesn't pay much attention to that stuff, I could probably get away with leaving it on, but I rather avoid paying twice should they fail it.
Yeah, my old 96 had many non-CARB compliant pieces and the place I took it to never said a word. I'm going to get out of this state before my 8 years are up though. So, gonna go crazy with the truck.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep. Personalized Firefighter plates on mine and the wife has personalized RN plates

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was lazy last year and roll the dice on my other vehicle, got call for it, luckily the guy was cool. just said to swap it and come back

KonaKruiser

Reaction score
Can you look up info on a person by entering their plate number on a specific site? What if you **** off someone while driving around town and they take a pic of your plate? I'm sure a LEO could look up your information, but other than that, you would think it would be incredibly difficult to find any information on someone via a license plate number.

LEOs can look you your name / number plate very easily by entering it in their in car mobile data terminal or via direct feed from a license plate camera. Auto searches State plate and or National NCIC databases. Instant hits bring up all registration information, wants/warrants. Only legally available to LEOs and not the general public.

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LEOs can look you your name / number plate very easily by entering it in their in car mobile data terminal or via direct feed from a license plate camera. Auto searches State plate and or National NCIC databases. Instant hits bring up all registration information, wants/warrants. Only legally available to LEOs and not the general public.
I have a bunch of blue friends, I can't imagine any of them bothering to look up a plate unless they have it stopped in front of them, even the investigation folks need a reason, just why bother.

Users who are viewing this thread