5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Used Etorque Generator Programming Issue.

4JKay

Reaction score
So by replacing the lower section with new and reusing your original top, was this just a parts swap without any programming at all? Might be very helpful for those with failed bearings
Yep, that's exactly what I did. No need for reprogramming. So far, driven it to work with no issues. Starts up perfectly quiet. Feels alive again driving...

I took the old motor apart. There is a no computer chip boards ( on the bottom unit), Just the motor and bearings. All the computer are in the top part of the unit. That's what gave me the idea of reusing the top part, to save me the trouble of reprogramming.

Unless your unit have a bad board I would imagine you would have to replace the whole thing

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just to make the DIY people who may look into this thread aware, there is an update to the MGU to cure what sounds exactly like bad bearings - sounded like the phases getting out of sync, but I'm not an electronics guy? Anyways, mine sounded like bearings and only needed the update. One way to help diagnose is if the growling might be at cruise, but even small throttle changes would start or stop the noise.

4JKay

Reaction score
Just to make the DIY people who may look into this thread aware, there is an update to the MGU to cure what sounds exactly like bad bearings - sounded like the phases getting out of sync, but I'm not an electronics guy? Anyways, mine sounded like bearings and only needed the update. One way to help diagnose is if the growling might be at cruise, but even small throttle changes would start or stop the noise.
Yep, mine was definitely the bearings. At 1k rpm, the noise of grinding is really loud can definitely hear it in the cab while driving. On idle noise is off and on

Users who are viewing this thread