5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upfitter Switches

BarryC

Reaction score
Man. After playing around I was able to get the aux switch options to show. So I made all the changes in alpha. I have a tazer in line I use for my bypass. So when going through settings it showed 6swt for aux buttons but weren’t showing. So changed from off to back to 6swt. And did a full reboot. After the reboot the aux options Started showing. Check it out .

Good Morning,
For anyone waiting for this.... I got mine today, Part #68476024AB was a replacement for Part #68376640AE. Big shout out to Csjumper2003 for the help BUT don't go to far bro, I may have Install questions shortly :cool: Thanks!!

IMG_0275.jpg

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good Morning,
For anyone waiting for this.... I got mine today, Part #68476024AB was a replacement for Part #68376640AE. Big shout out to Csjumper2003 for the help BUT don't go to far bro, I may have Install questions shortly :cool: Thanks!!

View attachment 145558
That's pretty. Do you know, is there a different part number for trucks without the parksense?

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
That's pretty. Do you know, is there a different part number for trucks without the parksense?
Depending on what options you have, there are many different part numbers. Sorry though as I don’t know what that one is.

BarryC

Reaction score
A lot of different part numbers for different options. Look earlier on here in this thread, someone posed a chart that may be helpful for ya.

dmitriy

Reaction score
Just enabled the options in my truck with AlfaODB (3 settings).
8.4 with Nav (software version 39.6.0) took 2 radio resets for the buttons to show up on the uconnect.

Now to wire it all up.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A lot of different part numbers for different options. Look earlier on here in this thread, someone posed a chart that may be helpful for ya.
Found it, thanks. Lot of scrolling. Looks like I would have a couple buttons that do nothing, guess I'm okay with that. :)

Jd3443

Reaction score
I’m still waiting to hear that someone has successfully gotten this to work in a 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

umbighouse

Reaction score
I’m still waiting to hear that someone has successfully gotten this to work in a 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've got a 2020 1500 Rebel and I'd like to hear about anyone getting this to work in this model, too.

HawkUH60

Reaction score
This is 68376640AE:
View attachment 121153
68476031AB has the diesel exhaust brake button instead of the traction control button, so you don’t want that on a 1500.
68376640AE will work for 2019-2022.
2022 Rams DO use a different part number for that same switch bank, but only because the top row of buttons circled in the pic have a matte finish instead of gloss.
Where did you get your switch bank? I need that one. My dealership can't seem to get what I need. No luck with eBay.

umbighouse

Reaction score
(NOTE: This post doesn't apply to 2021+ models)
I've read this entire thread at least once, and would like to try to summarize it as I understand it, especially as it relates to my 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel (5.7L Hemi, 12" radio) and 2019-20 1500's in general.

I'm interested in replacing my current switch bank with the aux button switch bank, so that I can control additional accessories.

This is my current switch bank
myswitchbank.jpg

From reading this thread, I believe I'd use either part #68476024AB, 68376647xx, or 68376640AE. Something like these. Note that the lighted buttons match the existing accessories (although the first 2 are reversed). Is that a problem?
sampleauxbank.jpg sampleauxbankpto.jpg

My truck doesn't appear to have an aux PDC or wiring harness like this in the engine bay.
auxpdcandharness.jpg

Because of this, it seems there may be a couple of options.
1- Install one from Mopar if/when they (re)release. Benny from AllMoparParts on the RamForum let me know that Mopar pulled this upgrade option due to problems and hope to re-release it in March 2023.

2- Install the part from 4wheelelectronics
4wheelautopart.jpg
2019-Present 5th Gen Relay Kit (no buttons) | Mysite

3- Someone could create a custom wiring harness, similar in function to the one in #2

For those of you who are further along in this testing, has anyone bought this item from 4wheelelectronics and tried to make it work?

I do use AlfaOBD and could program things. It looks like those settings might be pretty well known so far?

I'd really like to see if this is possible to work, so that things look factory, but I am also looking at the SwitchPros setup if it's not possible.

Thanks to all who are trying hard to make this work.

Last edited:

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
(NOTE: This post doesn't apply to 2021+ models)
I've read this entire thread at least once, and would like to try to summarize it as I understand it, especially as it relates to my 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel (5.7L Hemi, 12" radio) and 2019-20 1500's in general.

I'm interested in replacing my current switch bank with the aux button switch bank, so that I can control additional accessories.

This is my current switch bank
View attachment 147477

From reading this thread, I believe I'd use either part #68476024AB, 68376647xx, or 68376640AE. Something like these. Note that the lighted buttons match the existing accessories (although the first 2 are reversed). Is that a problem?
View attachment 147478 View attachment 147479

My truck doesn't appear to have an aux PDC or wiring harness like this in the engine bay.
View attachment 147480

Because of this, it seems there may be a couple of options.

Sorry but Upfitter Switches

Afrojim2009

Reaction score
From reading this thread, I believe I'd use either part #68476024AB, 68376647xx, or 68376640AE. Something like these.
Is there any functional or significant difference between these 3? The 68376647 appears to be specific to the 3500 chassis but I do not know why that could be.

guitarjesus

Reaction score
@jimmy0 if the BCM is the issue, can I put a 2022 BCM in my 2019 truck to make this work, or will it screw my truck up?

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
I have a 2021. After installing I have the positive coming from the relay. My air horn has 2 relays. One for each of the small compressors. Does anyone know how I could wire this so that can use both the relay in my relay/fuse box and one of the relays for the compressor. Or maybe should I use the 2 relays together and use the positive from the relay/fuse box as the trigger?

Anyone have an idea?

Franklin18

Reaction score
Got my aux switch panel and ordered the relay box to build my own. I don't recall seeing the part number for the pins to wire in the six cables into the aux switch panel connector. Does anyone have that part # readily available?

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
Got my aux switch panel and ordered the relay box to build my own. I don't recall seeing the part number for the pins to wire in the six cables into the aux switch panel connector. Does anyone have that part # readily available?
Sorry I don’t

I bought mine already made. I don’t recommend using 4wheelelectronics.com as they completely unresponsive. I was able to get one from a secondary source. The idea is there. It does work great but when I tried to order just the relay as they didn’t offer the actual switch to this day been a few months and have yet to hear from them.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry I don’t

I bought mine already made. I don’t recommend using 4wheelelectronics.com as they completely unresponsive. I was able to get one from a secondary source. The idea is there. It does work great but when I tried to order just the relay as they didn’t offer the actual switch to this day been a few months and have yet to hear from them.
Would you mind sharing the secondary source? I am interested in this mod for future project but am not interested in supporting someone who doesnt seem to support their customers. It is good to have options.

Thanks!

Franklin18

Reaction score
Sorry I don’t

Thanks, I found them and ordered all the parts. Going to try building my own.

Harston5

Reaction score
So i myself have read this entire thread multiple times. As of right now it seems that 2021 and newer models are good to go, however 2019/2020 models its a no go due to the BCM not having the correct capabilities. Im sure it has been said, and i missed it, but if i take a BCM from a newer model it cant be installed on the 19 & 20 models?

Just a second thought, wouldn't a new BCM not come with all current programming, it would just be enabled/disabled as to what the VIN code said your vehicle is equipped with?? Or am i really in the wrong there? IF that is the case though with AlfaOBD, i would think that a "new" BCM install would allow the switches to work on the 19 and 20's.

I have a 2020 and i really really want to implement this. I prefer factory look as does everyone else it would appear on this thread. I also don't want to have alot of wiring to hack up if at all possible. The cleaner the install the better the result in my personal opinion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/