5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upfitter Switches

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
So i myself have read this entire thread multiple times. As of right now it seems that 2021 and newer models are good to go, however 2019/2020 models its a no go due to the BCM not having the correct capabilities. Im sure it has been said, and i missed it, but if i take a BCM from a newer model it cant be installed on the 19 & 20 models?

Just a second thought, wouldn't a new BCM not come with all current programming, it would just be enabled/disabled as to what the VIN code said your vehicle is equipped with?? Or am i really in the wrong there? IF that is the case though with AlfaOBD, i would think that a "new" BCM install would allow the switches to work on the 19 and 20's.

I have a 2020 and i really really want to implement this. I prefer factory look as does everyone else it would appear on this thread. I also don't want to have alot of wiring to hack up if at all possible. The cleaner the install the better the result in my personal opinion.
I don’t think anyone has been brave enough to try that one.

Harston5

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone has been brave enough to try that one.
I could see why, number one if it doesnt work your out $200-$300. Possibly more if swapping the newer BCM in leaves your computer in state of disarray and simply plugging in the old BCM doesnt fix it. I dont know of any one around here that is a guru on these types of things. I have had Dodge/Ram trucks all my life, and by no means do i feel like im technologically challenged. But this is my daily driver and well... its been my favorite truck so far and even though i really want this install to work out i personally am not ready to take the risk of the swap just yet. Is there someone here who could enlighten me on the does and donts of this possibly? Or someone in the KY/TN area that i could reach out to?

Harston5

Reaction score
I personally have only 4 switches currently. Tow/Haul, Traction Control, FR & RR Park Sensor. I know some trucks come with a 5th switch. Probably air ride related if i had to guess. Could someone get that part with all 5 keys and the extra key be active i wonder. That would at least give people an option on 2019/2020 years. Possibly? The new part number for one with 5 switches is 68309266AD, pictured below

Attachments

• 2020Ram5SwitchBank.png
    2020Ram5SwitchBank.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

guitarjesus

Reaction score
So i myself have read this entire thread multiple times. As of right now it seems that 2021 and newer models are good to go, however 2019/2020 models its a no go due to the BCM not having the correct capabilities. Im sure it has been said, and i missed it, but if i take a BCM from a newer model it cant be installed on the 19 & 20 models?

Just a second thought, wouldn't a new BCM not come with all current programming, it would just be enabled/disabled as to what the VIN code said your vehicle is equipped with?? Or am i really in the wrong there? IF that is the case though with AlfaOBD, i would think that a "new" BCM install would allow the switches to work on the 19 and 20's.

I have a 2020 and i really really want to implement this. I prefer factory look as does everyone else it would appear on this thread. I also don't want to have alot of wiring to hack up if at all possible. The cleaner the install the better the result in my personal opinion.
Someone said in a different thread somewhere else that they are working with a dealer and the dealer said it SHOULD work. So we wait with baited breath...

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered 82216449AB from a local dealer (through store.mopar.com), and sent a note asking if they could confirm which buttons are included (I need tow/haul, traction control, front and rear parking sensors).

I received this reply:

So I reached out to Chryslers accessory division to get clarification on what all is controlled by that panel. They effectively told me there are some engineering notes on their side indicating that there are some compatibility issues regarding this part number and certain models. They've actually put that part number on an "Engineering Review Hold" until they can verify fitment. They have a tentative completion date of Mar13 but said it could likely be longer. If you'd like I can cancel this order and issue a refund and if you'd like to check back with us around mid March we can explore availability and compatibility with your vehicle.

So I asked to cancel, and I'll try again in March. But reading this post from @umbighouse, but I didn't have to cancel (as I have a 2021). Still, if I order that part, it's unclear what buttons I'd get.

I've learned from this thread that the switches I need are part 68476024AB. Part 82216449AB appears to include the switch panel (with who knows what buttons) as well as the PDC and wiring harnesses.If I order 68476024AB (switches only), I'd still need to find the PDC from somewhere, and it sounds like 4wheelelectronics is questionable.

So I guess I'll wait until mid-March anyway. I'm currently using Garmin PowerSwitch and their iPhone app, which works well enough, but it would be nice to have physical buttons and the built-in look.

BarryC

Reaction score
Good Morning!

I'm still working on getting my AUX Switches to work, it's been a slow process because I haven't had the time BUTTTT Im finally at the point where Im trying to get the switches programed and appear on my screen, unfortunately that's not working.

Perhaps someone could lend some suggestions?

First of all, I have followed these 3 settings changes: 379C0FD6-634B-42BD-BAA6-B89DF6F9C898.jpeg

Secondly, I'm not familiar with this OBD stuff to begin with and wondering IF its even connected correctly.
I'm using this OBDLinkMX+ and connecting via bluetooth:
IMG_0981.jpg

The reason Im questioning my OBD process is because Im NOT seeing this "Procedure Completed" indicator come up after I hit the Start and Next Buttons in the AlfaOBD software. I retrieved this photo from the HotDamnRacing Video Instruction.:
OBD.PNG

Lastly,
Im noticing my screen looks a little different than the ones Im seeing on this thread, don't know IF that has something to do with my issue either?: IMG_0980.jpg

Anyway, I appreciate ANY feedback... I'm into all this stuff for like $700+ at this point and cant get it working.
THANKS IN ADVANCE!!
Barry

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good Morning!

I'm still working on getting my AUX Switches to work, it's been a slow process because I haven't had the time BUTTTT Im finally at the point where Im trying to get the switches programed and appear on my screen, unfortunately that's not working.

Perhaps someone could lend some suggestions?

First of all, I have followed these 3 settings changes: View attachment 151393

Secondly, I'm not familiar with this OBD stuff to begin with and wondering IF its even connected correctly.
I'm using this OBDLinkMX+ and connecting via bluetooth:
View attachment 151394

The reason Im questioning my OBD process is because Im NOT seeing this "Procedure Completed" indicator come up after I hit the Start and Next Buttons in the AlfaOBD software. I retrieved this photo from the HotDamnRacing Video Instruction.:
View attachment 151395

Lastly,
Im noticing my screen looks a little different than the ones Im seeing on this thread, don't know IF that has something to do with my issue either?: View attachment 151396

Anyway, I appreciate ANY feedback... I'm into all this stuff for like $700+ at this point and cant get it working.
THANKS IN ADVANCE!!
Barry
Are you using a security gateway bypass?

BarryC

Reaction score
Are you using a security gateway bypass?
Are you referring to this Cable?
IMG_0982.jpg
I did buy it BUT thought that I didn't need it? I THOUGHT I was connecting my Android phone to the OBDLinkMX+ via "bluetooth"??

BarryC

Reaction score
Yes, you have to install that cable in order to make changes to the BCM.
Ohhhhhh….
I had the OBDLinkMX+ plugged directly into the truck, didn’t realize that I had to get under the dash to hook up the cable.

So, the good news is NOW the AUX switch’s work BUT I still don’t see them on my screen to program them.

Would ya have any additional advice?

Thanks soooooo much for your time!!!!

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ohhhhhh….
I had the OBDLinkMX+ plugged directly into the truck, didn’t realize that I had to get under the dash to hook up the cable.

So, the good news is NOW the AUX switch’s work BUT I still don’t see them on my screen to program them.

Would ya have any additional advice?

Thanks soooooo much for your time!!!!
They’ll show up eventually.

BarryC

Reaction score
I have a 2021 1500 Bighorn and used these 3 AlfaOBD settings:

-CBC Features: Configuration Aux Switches PTO-SIX SWITCHES
-Lin & Misc: ASBM Present- YES
-Auxiliary Switches: CSM Present- SWITCH 1-4 OPTION

All the switches light up BUT STILL not able to program them, they aren’t appearing on my screen.

Can anyone help me? Thanks!!
BE7AB160-6D46-49F2-A62E-C8FA2676BF5D.jpeg

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2021 1500 Bighorn and used these 3 AlfaOBD settings:

-CBC Features: Configuration Aux Switches PTO-SIX SWITCHES
-Lin & Misc: ASBM Present- YES
-Auxiliary Switches: CSM Present- SWITCH 1-4 OPTION

All the switches light up BUT STILL not able to program them, they aren’t appearing on my screen.

Can anyone help me? Thanks!!
View attachment 151672
The auxiliary switch CSM present setting needs to be set to “3-6 switch option”.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, will try… Ty again Jimmy
Also, looks like you are running a non-navigation 8.4 Uconnect 5 radio?
I’m not sure if the switch settings are capable of showing up on a non-nav radio.
If they don’t show up, you can still configure all the switches how you want them in AlfaOBD in the LIN Cust Prog Feat section (just after the CustSetMenu sections.

BarryC

Reaction score
Also, looks like you are running a non-navigation 8.4 Uconnect 5 radio?
I’m not sure if the switch settings are capable of showing up on a non-nav radio.
If they don’t show up, you can still configure all the switches how you want them in AlfaOBD in the LIN Cust Prog Feat section (just after the CustSetMenu sections.
I watched the Hot Damm Racing install video, he got them to appear on his non-navigation screen.
One thing I did notice is my screen looks different than the 21’s here, is it possible that I have a late model 21 that has a 22 screen??

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I watched the Hot Damm Racing install video, he got them to appear on his non-navigation screen.
One thing I did notice is my screen looks different than the 21’s here, is it possible that I have a late model 21 that has a 22 screen??
That’s definitely a 2022 UC5 radio, and I’ve never heard of one coming from the factory in a 2021 truck.

BarryC

Reaction score
That’s definitely a 2022 UC5 radio, and I’ve never heard of one coming from the factory in a 2021 truck.
I changed the setting to 3-6, will give it a few days. IF that doesn’t work, I’m gonna try the 2022 DT setting. Wish me luck, thanks for ur help!!!

Users who are viewing this thread