5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updating Nav Maps - Heard back from FCA - Let's Pressure them

TimFlex

Reaction score
Got this back a couple months ago when I inquired about a map update for my 2019 with the 12"screen. Still nothing.

Thank you for inquiring about HERE Technologies. Chrysler has a two phase plan to provide your map update. First is an over-the-air software update that is needed before the map update can be installed. FCA will be sending this to navigation units by approx. May 2021. After that map updates will become available as they are released. Please watch for your Software Update and then wait for more information regarding map updates.

If you need additional assistance, please send us your feedback by replying to this email.

Kind regards,
HERE Technologies

Customer Service

LV426

Reaction score
I believe this is one of those situations (having experienced it before) where they are going to continue to be vague with info, not meet promised delivery dates, provide "copy/past" replies to everyone and basically wait it out until people just give up and forget about it... I can guarantee they got ahead of themselves with this 12" system, just shoehorning the wow factor and skimping on the functionality & reliability of it. My guess is they can't properly push an OTA without screwing more things up and will play it safe by ignoring the issue.

Best thing is to warn future customers that the 12" is a buggy, unsupported mess that looks cool.

rconiv

Reaction score
Well it is July, anyone get the update promised in May? I haven't yet on my 2019 Rebel.

Reverse

Reaction score
if you want the latest maps (worldwide), just download the HERE maps to your phone and use android auto/apple carplay. Sure the map is smaller, but you don't have to deal with Ram or HERE support.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
if you want the latest maps (worldwide), just download the HERE maps to your phone and use android auto/apple carplay. Sure the map is smaller, but you don't have to deal with Ram or HERE support.
Or just use Google Maps which is even better! HERE is a JOKE:sick:

Reverse

Reaction score
Or just use Google Maps which is even better! HERE is a JOKE:sick:
I don't find HERE to be a joke. And also, in my neck of the woods it's pretty handy to have maps that do not require me to be online. Also a bonus when using maps in rest of the world.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't find HERE to be a joke. And also, in my neck of the woods it's pretty handy to have maps that do not require me to be online. Also a bonus when using maps in rest of the world.
I am referring to their company's support of the RAM navigation. They are absolutely worthless!

gt ram

Reaction score
So I emailed FCA yesterday about the Nav Maps being out of date. Here is their response. We should all call them and inquire/complain/pressure them to update them 2017 on digital file updates is unreal!

Thank you for contacting the RAM Customer Assistance Center. We sincerely apologize for the delayed response.

It is appreciated that you have reached out to us in regards to the navigation maps on your Uconnect system. We regret we are not privy to what version of maps the factory may have access to install on the Uconnect systems as the maps are provided by another party. According to our provided resources, the most appropriate department to inquire about your navigation maps being up to date would be HERE Maps. They can be reached directly at 1-866-462-8837 for further inquiry.

Please be advised that it may be possible that they may not be able to address this matter until your RAM 1500 has been delivered. Should you feel that there is a concern with your maps at the time of delivery; please feel free to contact us back to advise and we would be happy to look into any possible assistance we may be able to provide at that time.

We certainly wish we could have been of more assistance to you. At this time, we will be closing this case. Should you have any further inquiries, we would be happy to address them with you. You may reach us via chat or email through www.ramtrucks.com or contact by phone at 1-866-762-4636. Thank you, Chris, for being part of the RAM family.

We appreciate your business and have a wonderful day.

Sincerely,

Jennifer
RAM Customer Assistance Center
I just purchased a 2022 Ram 1500 Limited and the built in navigation system is still not able to find street and building addresses that have been around for years.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
["gt ram, post: 596940, member: 94365"]
I just purchased a 2022 Ram 1500 Limited and the built in navigation system is still not able to find street and building addresses that have been around for years.
[/QUOTE]
This is common on almost every factory installed navigation and even separate GPS units like Magellan or TomTom. They usually only update major areas where high concentration of users live. You want the most accurate maps, it's best to just use Google Maps or Waze through Android Auto or carplay. It even then, they won't always have the newest roads, especially in rural areas. Factory installed Nav maps are usually about 5 years behind.

Philipjames6

Reaction score
I have a 2021 1500. Lived in my subdivision for 5 years and it does not exist on the nav. One of the main roads has been a 55 for at least the 14 years I have lived here and the speed limit shows up as 35. I called several different people all passing me around between ram, uconnect, here. I was told that I get free updates for 5 years. Now it looks like I have to pay every year.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2021 1500. Lived in my subdivision for 5 years and it does not exist on the nav. One of the main roads has been a 55 for at least the 14 years I have lived here and the speed limit shows up as 35. I called several different people all passing me around between ram, uconnect, here. I was told that I get free updates for 5 years. Now it looks like I have to pay every year.
Just use Google maps on your phone through Android auto or carplay

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/