5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Kamper

Reaction score
looks fine!! like really dang fine as!!

Would you mind posting a ride review when you have had a chance to give er a few miles? Im on the fence for this kit!

N8Dog

Reaction score
Haven’t had a chance to drive too much as I just had lasik last week and it’s still settling in. But, from what I have driven it feels close to stock with general driving around town and smoother going over bumps. I didn’t think there would be too big of a difference in looks with just a 2” lift but it was significant and in my opinion for the better.

Went with 33” tires to keep gas mileage as good as possible plus I just don’t think anything bigger is a good fit for a 1500. Wheels are a 20x9 with +2 offset.

21Longhorn

Reaction score
Where did you get the Mopar lift? nobody seems to have any in stock.

CDP110

Reaction score
Just called local dealer and had them order it.
How much did dealer charge. When I was looking they were a few hundred more than JEGS. The service writer said he would install mopar lift if they supplied it or I supplied it. As long as they install it will be covered by mopar vehicle protection warranty

CDP110

Reaction score
Be sure to bring mopar accessories coupon with you when u purchase. 10% accessories. Just go to dealer website and look for promo or coupons

N8Dog

Reaction score
How much did dealer charge. When I was looking they were a few hundred more than JEGS. The service writer said he would install mopar lift if they supplied it or I supplied it. As long as they install it will be covered by mopar vehicle protection warranty
I think it was about 14-1500.

cornelius967

Reaction score
So, I've spent a few hours reading through most of the posts in this thread. I didn't see the question that I have addressed directly (If I missed this somewhere please point me to the section where it is discussed, thank you). My question has to do with "ride quality".

Here is the backstory: In March of 2021 I bought a '21 Bighorn QC 4x4 "Off Road Package" to replace an old '93 F250 4x4 that I used on occasion on our farm. I was utterly gobsmacked at the amazing ride quality of the truck: it was like driving an Imperial on the highway. I'd go as far as to say that the ride was "supple". The truck was firm on the road but ate up any bump as if it wasn't even there. Soon, the truck became our "go to" vehicle because of the smooth, supple ride. Add to that the acoustic glass and noise cancelling audio, it was like riding in a limousine (at least for my wife, who fell asleep within 15 minutes of any drive). It was like an Imperial on the highway and a Rubicon in the mountains: it went up and over Imogen Pass like it was a drive to the grocery store. The '21 Bighorn ORP was unmodified and had 18" wheels and OEM Falken Wildpeak A/T tires.

After the trip from Southern Illinois to Ouray, Colorado (lots of highway and lots of "off road" miles), the wife started talking about how she now wishes that we got the Crew Cab and a few more options like heated leather seats, etc. At the time the truck only had a few thousand miles and I wasn't about to turn around and trade it in. After a few months I was getting sick of that goofy rotary shifter and began to look at the RAM Truck website. I learned that they were coming out with a new RAM G/T with an actual shifter. When the '22 models started to come out I looked for a G/T. I didn't test drive one as I assumed (I know...) that the ride quality that I experienced in the '21 Bighorn ORP would only get better in a truck without a HD suspension and A/T tires.

I found a great deal on a '22 G/T up in Wisconsin. I made the deal mostly via e-mail. A week ago I drove the 500 miles up north to make the trade. The transaction was smooth. But as soon as I started the drive back home I noticed that the ride quality wasn't anywhere close to that of the Bighorn ORP. I felt every bump, every expansion strip. Now, I'm not saying the ride was "bad". It's a brand new truck: it has a nice ride. But it is nowhere near as smooth and supple as the ORP. My initial thought was that it was probably the 20" rims that had a little less sidewall to absorb bumps. Then I got to thinking and thought that al-season street tires should offer a "smoother" ride than All-Terrain tires.

Now I'm thinking it has more to do with the suspension. I really want that amazing, supple ride quality back. Unlike many of the others that seem concerned more about how their truck looks, I'm mostly concerned about how mine rides and drives. I'm hoping that adding the 77072424AD Mopar/Fox 2" Lift Kit will bring me that supple ride that I was used to. My question has to do with ride quality. I'd like to hear from those that have added this lift kit with AND without the front ORP springs as to the quality of the ride. I'm especially interested in hear from the gentleman with the '22 G/T as to the changes in ride quality from stock to the lifted suspension. I don't have any plans to change the rim size or tires (although I would consider going to an 18" rim with All-terrain tires if it will bring back that lovely supple ride that I'm used to). Thanks for reading and offering your feedback concerning ride comfort with the lift kit installed.

CDP110

Reaction score
So, I've spent a few hours reading through most of the posts in this thread. I didn't see the question that I have addressed directly (If I missed this somewhere please point me to the section where it is discussed, thank you). My question has to do with "ride quality".

Here is the backstory: In March of 2021 I bought a '21 Bighorn QC 4x4 "Off Road Package" to replace an old '93 F250 4x4 that I used on occasion on our farm. I was utterly gobsmacked at the amazing ride quality of the truck: it was like driving an Imperial on the highway. I'd go as far as to say that the ride was "supple". The truck was firm on the road but ate up any bump as if it wasn't even there. Soon, the truck became our "go to" vehicle because of the smooth, supple ride. Add to that the acoustic glass and noise cancelling audio, it was like riding in a limousine (at least for my wife, who fell asleep within 15 minutes of any drive). It was like an Imperial on the highway and a Rubicon in the mountains: it went up and over Imogen Pass like it was a drive to the grocery store. The '21 Bighorn ORP was unmodified and had 18" wheels and OEM Falken Wildpeak A/T tires.

After the trip from Southern Illinois to Ouray, Colorado (lots of highway and lots of "off road" miles), the wife started talking about how she now wishes that we got the Crew Cab and a few more options like heated leather seats, etc. At the time the truck only had a few thousand miles and I wasn't about to turn around and trade it in. After a few months I was getting sick of that goofy rotary shifter and began to look at the RAM Truck website. I learned that they were coming out with a new RAM G/T with an actual shifter. When the '22 models started to come out I looked for a G/T. I didn't test drive one as I assumed (I know...) that the ride quality that I experienced in the '21 Bighorn ORP would only get better in a truck without a HD suspension and A/T tires.

I found a great deal on a '22 G/T up in Wisconsin. I made the deal mostly via e-mail. A week ago I drove the 500 miles up north to make the trade. The transaction was smooth. But as soon as I started the drive back home I noticed that the ride quality wasn't anywhere close to that of the Bighorn ORP. I felt every bump, every expansion strip. Now, I'm not saying the ride was "bad". It's a brand new truck: it has a nice ride. But it is nowhere near as smooth and supple as the ORP. My initial thought was that it was probably the 20" rims that had a little less sidewall to absorb bumps. Then I got to thinking and thought that al-season street tires should offer a "smoother" ride than All-Terrain tires.

Now I'm thinking it has more to do with the suspension. I really want that amazing, supple ride quality back. Unlike many of the others that seem concerned more about how their truck looks, I'm mostly concerned about how mine rides and drives. I'm hoping that adding the 77072424AD Mopar/Fox 2" Lift Kit will bring me that supple ride that I was used to. My question has to do with ride quality. I'd like to hear from those that have added this lift kit with AND without the front ORP springs as to the quality of the ride. I'm especially interested in hear from the gentleman with the '22 G/T as to the changes in ride quality from stock to the lifted suspension. I don't have any plans to change the rim size or tires (although I would consider going to an 18" rim with All-terrain tires if it will bring back that lovely supple ride that I'm used to). Thanks for reading and offering your feedback concerning ride comfort with the lift kit installed.
I have 2019 Ram 1500 bighorn and had dealer install mopar fox lift and I put cooper at3 285/60/20 on and truck drives amazing. Just as good as stock or even better. Little taller also.

Dobbij88

Reaction score
I have 2019 Ram 1500 bighorn and had dealer install mopar fox lift and I put cooper at3 285/60/20 on and truck drives amazing. Just as good as stock or even better. Little taller also.

Any pics? I’d love to see it!

Kamper

Reaction score
Dobb - scroll a page back near top - pick of his truck in a post - looks great and after the couple drive/ride reviews I think this will be my direction!

CDP110

Reaction score
Dobb - scroll a page back near top - pick of his truck in a post - looks great and after the couple drive/ride reviews I think this will be my direction!
Just a quick review I put 3000 miles on truck so far and it really does drive just as good as stock or better. I really enjoy the ride and to be honest I feel they should come off the assembly line with this lift. Truck looks bad *** and the tires make no noise at all forthe ttread pattern on them

N8Dog

Reaction score
Anyone else’s shocks seem a little noisy going over bumps? Hard to describe but it makes sort of a bouncing/wobbly sound more noticeable at lower speeds. Had it rechecked to make sure everything was tight and it was. Wife thinks it’s just coming from the driver front. I’m too old to tell but she may be right.

Kamper

Reaction score
n8dog - kind of a clunky rattle noise?

It could be the sway bar end links. pretty sure that's my current issue... they were loose about 14 months back and clunking/ and rattling more as they loosened - dealer refused to acknowledge and independent shop found it immediately and tightened to spec - over time noise came back - the links / bushings are known to be subpar and many report needing to replace by 25k miles (I have 27k now) - mine are currently re- tightened up but a clunky rattle on bumpy roads at slower speeds ... going to replace the links and see if that solves as once again the independent shop believes they are the culprit and couldn't find anything else "loose" - dealer just shrugs shoulders..

cornelius967

Reaction score
I also had my sway bar links loosen up around 2500 miles on my '21 1500 "Off Road". Dealer couldn't find it. I found it within 45 seconds with a rubber mallet; another 2 minutes to re-tighten. I traded it for a '22 1500 G/T. If it happens again with the new truck, I'll add some thread lock to the bolts and see if that fixes it.

CDP110

Reaction score
Anyone else’s shocks seem a little noisy going over bumps? Hard to describe but it makes sort of a bouncing/wobbly sound more noticeable at lower speeds. Had it rechecked to make sure everything was tight and it was. Wife thinks it’s just coming from the driver front. I’m too old to tell but she may be right.
I in
My shocks do not make any noise. None. Stick your fingers up underneath shock crown and make sure they put rubber bushing back on new front shocks

WoadyCypress

Reaction score
What is the approximate overall height with the AD lift installed? Thanking about going this direction on my '21 Limited Longhorn. I'll also be adding 275/65/20 directly afterwards, looking at the Recon Grapplers. I was going to do the Carli Commuter when it comes out but would need new offset wheels, do to Carli upper A arms geometry, but I really like the factory wheels on this truck.

Users who are viewing this thread