5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

CDP110

Reaction score
So a local dealer has one of the Mopar kits in stock.

Have read thru this thread - my understanding is that installing this kit will give me the following:
- 2inch lift front/rear
- does not inc Springs
- truck will maintain some rake
- Fox shocks will ride a bit firmer and less bouncy/jouncy
- overall ride is considered better than stock - nonORP 1500
Options to add the ORP spring will keep front higher and more level but could land nose high and would when towing/bed loaded?

Just want to confirm the experiences I read are summarized here as I do want some lift, improved ride and looking to also address what I believe to be a loose front sway bar (and eliminate the issue from emerging again).

Thanks in advance! Very helpful forum!
Dont do it I just got my truck back last week and it is the worst thing i ever did truck drives so rough it makes u not even want to drive it

Bigdumps

Reaction score
Dont do it I just got my truck back last week and it is the worst thing i ever did truck drives so rough it makes u not even want to drive it
Interesting. Do you have the ORP package? Or anything else done?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just do motofab 2”level if you’re not off roading. Still rides great and perfectly level.

U

User_34235

Just do motofab 2”level if you’re not off roading. Still rides great and perfectly level.
Did you install the Motofab kit yourself or have a shop do it. I am not leaning either way as I have a place with a lift I can use but almost would rather have a shop do it. I just want it leveled is all. Thoughts?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Did you install the Motofab kit yourself or have a shop do it. I am not leaning either way as I have a place with a lift I can use but almost would rather have a shop do it. I just want it leveled is all. Thoughts?
My friend and I did it, but he owns a shop. The spacers are really cheap too

80sGen

Reaction score
Just got it back from the shop. As promised here are some photos. Mopar 2" w/ORP springs in the front only. 35X11.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I'm very happy with the look. I will post measurements tomorrow once I find a flat surface (looks pretty darn close to level). As far as ride goes it drives like a truck should now IMO. I can give a better drive report once I hit some dirt roads.

Edit:. I didn't have a tape measure on me when I took the photos :sneaky:
Sorry if you have answered this already, but I cannot find it... What is the height from ground to shark fin? Looking to keep my baby garaged. Thank you!!

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry if you have answered this already, but I cannot find it... What is the height from ground to shark fin? Looking to keep my baby garaged. Thank you!!
Sorry I don't have exact measurement for the shark fin but I can tell you it's under 7ft because I fit in my local carwash which is 7ft max.

Last edited:

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
There seems to still be a decent front rake to the truck? how do you like the ride?
Ride is great. Stiffer than stock which I want and like, tires are very quite for A/Ts. Rake is still there but I wanted to keep it. I don't like leveled trucks, and anytime you put anything in the back your noise high. I use my truck for hunting, camping, and home remodels so have stuff in back frequently.

boothroyd917

Reaction score
Does anyone have a measurement of how much rake there is if you have the ORP springs on all 4 corners? I'm getting ready to put the AD lift on my truck & I want as little rake as possible. Should I tell them not to install the rear spacers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online