5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

ecke555

Reaction score
I used this on my 2020 Ram 1500, Amazon sells them $31.19.

WULF Front 0.5" Leveling Lift Kit 1/2" Strut Spacer compatible with 2019-2020 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4​

craigmw

Reaction score
It won't be level. It's going to have rake. But, with the ORP springs the Height/body lines of the hood and front end might make it look nose high. Here's mine with no ORP springs. Imo it looks perfect, with a 34/35 inch tire you'll get 4+" roughly of new height.
Beautiful setup! I'd really enjoy seeing more pics of your GT when you get a moment. Thanks in advance

craigmw

Reaction score
Hey guys I have the ORP truck from factory. I just got the Mopar lift and have a pretty noticeable amount of rake still. I’m wondering if my truck is an inch taller front and rear from the factory than the non orp trucks are. So maybe the truck isn’t as leveled as the guys adding orp springs and the mopar kit to their non orp truck.
I'm late to the conversation here, but I have to say that's a sweet lookin' truck you've got there. I also have a black ORP, I recently purchased it so it's basically stock and I'm looking to add the 2" Mopar lift, wheels, tires, blah, blah, blah. What I would really enjoy is seeing more pics of your truck if you don't mind sharing. Thanks cjcollas!

boothroyd917

Reaction score
I'm late to the conversation here, but I have to say that's a sweet lookin' truck you've got there. I also have a black ORP, I recently purchased it so it's basically stock and I'm looking to add the 2" Mopar lift, wheels, tires, blah, blah, blah. What I would really enjoy is seeing more pics of your truck if you don't mind sharing. Thanks cjcollas!
This is my situation as well, I have an 22 Longhorn with ORP that I want to somewhat level with the Mopar 2” lift. I bought a Wulf 1/2” front spacer, I’m hoping that’ll take some of the rake out. Any pics/advice would be great!

CDP110

Reaction score
This is my situation as well, I have an 22 Longhorn with ORP that I want to somewhat level with the Mopar 2” lift. I bought a Wulf 1/2” front spacer, I’m hoping that’ll take some of the rake out. Any pics/advice would be great!

Attachments

• E00B8134-196C-4B40-B9F3-A83551A1EE46.jpeg
    E00B8134-196C-4B40-B9F3-A83551A1EE46.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 241

CDP110

Reaction score
I have a slight rake in mine that I just got mopar lift installed. Only think I can say if u add spacers u are changing angles of ball joints on new upper control arms. I don’t know if dealership will void warranty if u have them put those on

boothroyd917

Reaction score
I have a slight rake in mine that I just got mopar lift installed. Only think I can say if u add spacers u are changing angles of ball joints on new upper control arms. I don’t know if dealership will void warranty if u have them put those on
Thanks for the picture. Does your truck have the ORP? I'm not sure if the lift with ORP coils on all 4 corners changes how much rake there is, but I also don't want to skip installing the rear spacer from the kit & risk having negative rake.

My plan for UCA's is to go with the Mopar ones for now, see how it rides/handles, check the angles after it's had time to settle, then if I need, I can get the RC UCA's.

CDP110

Reaction score
Thanks for the picture. Does your truck have the ORP? I'm not sure if the lift with ORP coils on all 4 corners changes how much rake there is, but I also don't want to skip installing the rear spacer from the kit & risk having negative rake.

My plan for UCA's is to go with the Mopar ones for now, see how it rides/handles, check the angles after it's had time to settle, then if I need, I can get the RC UCA's.
Orp meaning air suspension

CDP110

Reaction score
Orp meaning air suspension
If u are doing mopar 2 inch lift and u have off road package I think ur truck already has a 1 inch lift so u are only gonna gain 1 inch. Don’t quote me on it but I think I’m right

boothroyd917

Reaction score
If u are doing mopar 2 inch lift and u have off road package I think ur truck already has a 1 inch lift so u are only gonna gain 1 inch. Don’t quote me on it but I think I’m right
ORP meaning Off Road Package. And I’m not 100% sure what’s true, the ORP coils lift the truck 1”, so putting the Mopar 2” lift on top should theoretically still raise it 2” from stock ORP. But it seems like some people with the ORP coils in the rear don’t gain the full 2”, which would be preferable for me, as it’d remove some of the rake. And the 1/2” spacers I got should remove a bit more rake, but not all of it.

So I was hoping to confirm how much rake people have after the Mopar lift with ORP coils on all 4 corners. I appreciate your info.

CDP110

Reaction score
ORP meaning Off Road Package. And I’m not 100% sure what’s true, the ORP coils lift the truck 1”, so putting the Mopar 2” lift on top should theoretically still raise it 2” from stock ORP. But it seems like some people with the ORP coils in the rear don’t gain the full 2”, which would be preferable for me, as it’d remove some of the rake. And the 1/2” spacers I got should remove a bit more rake, but not all of it.

So I was hoping to confirm how much rake people have after the Mopar lift with ORP coils on all 4 corners. I appreciate your info.
Ok. I don’t have ORP. But do your research cause I still think ur gonna only gain 1 inch. Anyway the lift is great. Ready just as good as stock and I fit 34 inch tires

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score

You will still gain 2" front and back with the ORP if you install the Mopar 2" lift and you will maintain the rake you currently have.

boothroyd917

Reaction score
Nope, had the stock ORP on all four corners and put the mopar lift on top of that. I do have a little rake still and that was what I wanted. You should be able to see the extra height in the back wheel well compared to those who just add the ORP springs only to the front.

You will still gain 2" front and back with the ORP if you install the Mopar 2" lift and you will maintain the rake you currently have.
From rome's message above & the pics a few posts above that, it sounds like if you put the 2" lift on top of ORP coils front & rear, it doesn't have quite as much rake as stock. Not sure where in this thread I saw it, but I thought I saw someone say that with ORP coils front & rear, the front is raised ~3.5" & the rear is raised ~3", as compared to a stock non-ORP truck. So I'm hoping that's the case, plus with a 1/2" spacer, it'll be somewhat leveled.

It's hard to know for sure, it seems like most people with the ORP don't use the Mopar 2" lift, but I want to stay under warranty after I lift the truck.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From rome's message above & the pics a few posts above that, it sounds like if you put the 2" lift on top of ORP coils front & rear, it doesn't have quite as much rake as stock. Not sure where in this thread I saw it, but I thought I saw someone say that with ORP coils front & rear, the front is raised ~3.5" & the rear is raised ~3", as compared to a stock non-ORP truck. So I'm hoping that's the case, plus with a 1/2" spacer, it'll be somewhat leveled.

It's hard to know for sure, it seems like most people with the ORP don't use the Mopar 2" lift, but I want to stay under warranty after I lift the truck.
I swapped my Non ORP springs in the front with ORP springs and added the Mopar lift and netted roughly 3.25" in front from stock. If you already have ORP springs in front then you should gain 2" of lift maybe a little more with the Mopar lift plus whatever spacer size you add. As far as the rear you are only going to get 2" lift because they are 2" spacers.
I think we are saying the same thing just in different ways. I am using numbers you are going to gain with your lift install and you are using numbers that include the 1" of lift you already have with your ORP.

boothroyd917

Reaction score
I swapped my Non ORP springs in the front with ORP springs and added the Mopar lift and netted roughly 3.25" in front from stock. If you already have ORP springs in front then you should gain 2" of lift maybe a little more with the Mopar lift plus whatever spacer size you add. As far as the rear you are only going to get 2" lift because they are 2" spacers.
I think we are saying the same thing just in different ways. I am using numbers you are going to gain with your lift install and you are using numbers that include the 1" of lift you already have with your ORP.
I gotcha. So it sounds like I'll end up gaining ~2.75" (~2.25" from the lift (which is close to what I've heard others say they got from the lift) & 0.5" from the spacer) in the front & 2" in the rear. And it sounds like most trucks are a little less than 2" of rake stock, so I'd have ~1" of rake still. I'm good with this, I'd rather have a little positive rake than risk having a Carolina squat truck! Thanks for the info, especially the measurements, I appreciate it.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I gotcha. So it sounds like I'll end up gaining ~2.75" (~2.25" from the lift (which is close to what I've heard others say they got from the lift) & 0.5" from the spacer) in the front & 2" in the rear. And it sounds like most trucks are a little less than 2" of rake stock, so I'd have ~1" of rake still. I'm good with this, I'd rather have a little positive rake than risk having a Carolina squat truck! Thanks for the info, especially the measurements, I appreciate it.
Sounds right! Post up some pics when it's done.

Pjmracing152

Reaction score
I've asked this in another thread but figured I'd ask here also: I want to just install ORP springs in the front for a 1" but the off road shop i talked to said i will need to get the shock as well?

Users who are viewing this thread