5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
im confused how you guys angles are like that and my angles dont look noting like that and im raised 3 inchs with a rebel
The pic was taken with weight on wheels and shortly after install so I'm sure it settled a bit after that. The cameral angle might not have been the greatest either.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m almost instantly down from 18-19mpg average to 16mpg average after lift with ORP. Pretty shocking to see how fast the gas needle moves…

A few questions - When I calibrate the speedometer (just need to pick up the tool) will that help? Would re-gearing make an impact as well? Does anyone have the lift without ORP and get better mileage? Am I correct to assume the larger AT tire is the main culprit of lower mpg?

Bad timing to lose mpg with gas doing what it’s doing 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

Advice appreciated

Thanks
Your lift won't affect mpg's until you're on the freeway and it's not going to be significant. The biggest hit on mpg's is from tires. Your 35.4" tires are LT's and are about probably 70+lbs each. That's a good 20+lb increase per tire of unsprung weight. Once you get the speedometer calibrated, your mileage will improve because your computer is not accurate with the incorrect tire size.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Your lift won't affect mpg's until you're on the freeway and it's not going to be significant. The biggest hit on mpg's is from tires. Your 35.4" tires are LT's and are about probably 70+lbs each. That's a good 20+lb increase per tire of unsprung weight. Once you get the speedometer calibrated, your mileage will improve because your computer is not accurate with the incorrect tire size.
I was really hoping for this to be the case with mine. After recal, I’ve gained 1.1mpg hand calc over 4 tanks and driving the same route daily. Now I’m just cracking 16mpg. I’m a little disappointed since people were so adamant about mpgs being way off without a recal, but not disappointed enough to get rid of the setup or truck. Guess it’s all in what people can live with.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was really hoping for this to be the case with mine. After recal, I’ve gained 1.1mpg hand calc over 4 tanks and driving the same route daily. Now I’m just cracking 16mpg. I’m a little disappointed since people were so adamant about mpgs being way off without a recal, but not disappointed enough to get rid of the setup or truck. Guess it’s all in what people can live with.
Definitely misleading if anyone told you recalibration would give you a significant gain in mpg's. The difference from a 32" to a 33" recalibration should net you about .5 mpg, so at 1.1 mpg you're doing pretty good.

The last time I upgraded to aftermarket wheels and tires, I didn't pay attention to the weight penalty of the LT tires I bought. I went form 18 mpg to 16 mpg and the tires were the same size as OEM. This time I picked a tire that was 1.25" bigger in diameter and 1.5" wider, but they are only 2lbs heavier than stock. I'm getting ~17.5 mpg with a 80/20 city/highway mix, so I'm pretty happy that I got the look I wanted without a huge mpg penalty.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely misleading if anyone told you recalibration would give you a significant gain in mpg's. The difference from a 32" to a 33" recalibration should net you about .5 mpg, so at 1.1 mpg you're doing pretty good.

The last time I upgraded to aftermarket wheels and tires, I didn't pay attention to the weight penalty of the LT tires I bought. I went form 18 mpg to 16 mpg and the tires were the same size as OEM. This time I picked a tire that was 1.25" bigger in diameter and 1.5" wider, but they are only 2lbs heavier than stock. I'm getting ~17.5 mpg with a 80/20 city/highway mix, so I'm pretty happy that I got the look I wanted without a huge mpg penalty.
That’s a very good point about the LT tires, and I think that’s a majority of my “problem” I created for myself. All the non LT tires that I wanted were back-ordered, so I ended up with what I have. In the end, I smile every time I look at the truck and drive in it so it’s worth it to me. I’ll probably never stop complaining about it when I’m not in the truck though.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I almost traded in my truck a few weeks ago for a 22 Limited longhorn with a ecodiesel, but I would never recoup the money before getting rid of it in a couple years. Plus, I’m all about electric trucks. If ram came out with an electric TRX, I’d buy it without hesitation.
im down for electric just not right now too many issues

Kamper

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm the current Mopar lift kit - will fit (or definitely not fit) my 2019 Laramie? On the Mopar sight it states not compatible so Im just a bit confused as it works for the 2021... Thanks in advance. Its the part referenced below and inc fox shocks, UCA's etc...

Mopar (77072424AC)​

cervelo15

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm the current Mopar lift kit - will fit (or definitely not fit) my 2019 Laramie? On the Mopar sight it states not compatible so Im just a bit confused as it works for the 2021... Thanks in advance. Its the part referenced below and inc fox shocks, UCA's etc...

Mopar (77072424AC)​

I believe that’s the part number I have on mine and it’s on a 2021 Bighorn, installed 9/23/21

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Mopar (77072424AC)​

77072424AD is the latest version. I was considering buying last week for my 2019, so should fit all 5th gen (DT) Rams unless you have air ride suspension.

Kamper

Reaction score
thanks - online still states doesn't fit on 2019.- but I can't imagine why any 5th gen non off road package (ORP) shouldn't apply - sadly I don't thing my local dealer has a clue either

blazenlo

Reaction score
thanks - online still states doesn't fit on 2019.- but I can't imagine why any 5th gen non off road package (ORP) shouldn't apply - sadly I don't thing my local dealer has a clue either
Is yours Crew cab or Quad? Mopar says the kit won't fit quad cabs. I installed one on a quad with no problems, others here have also.

Kamper

Reaction score
I have a crew cab. But good info and appreciate everyones responses!! Ill check in with the dealer as I have an oil change and new tires installing this week.

Pjmracing152

Reaction score
I really want the Mopar 2" lift/leveling kit. I have read the Fox shocks will give a stiffer ride (Mopar Kit) than the Bilstein 5100s. I do not want to ruin the ride of this truck at all. Any feedback on the ride would be great: Factory vs Mopar/Fox vs Bilstein 5100.

cervelo15

Reaction score
I really want the Mopar 2" lift/leveling kit. I have read the Fox shocks will give a stiffer ride (Mopar Kit) than the Bilstein 5100s. I do not want to ruin the ride of this truck at all. Any feedback on the ride would be great: Factory vs Mopar/Fox vs Bilstein 5100.
Have the Fox shocks from the Mopar kit. HUGE improvement over stock. Stock was a nice ride, one of the best ones I’ve had in a truck. The Fox shocks took it to a whole new level. Much more firmer ride and the truck handles better. The Fox shocks rebound better where I felt the stock shocks you bounced around a little more.

I then added the BFG KO2s and it got even better.

They really shine when going over speed bumps or railroad tracks. You don’t feel as much slop as the stock shocks.

Bigdumps

Reaction score
Well, my 2022 Sport GT night edition finally landed at the dealer. They'll be installing the AD Mopar lift and assured me with the new kit. The rake is almost eliminated. (I don't believe them) But, I made a deal that if they're right and I'm wrong, I'll bring them lunch. If I'm right, they add the ORP springs for free.
Have 285/55/22 Toyo at3s going on as well.

Will post pics once it's done with the whole process of additional adds, hopefully by the end of the week.

Thanks to all for the help.

cervelo15

Reaction score
Well, my 2022 Sport GT night edition finally landed at the dealer. They'll be installing the AD Mopar lift and assured me with the new kit. The rake is almost eliminated. (I don't believe them) But, I made a deal that if they're right and I'm wrong, I'll bring them lunch. If I'm right, they add the ORP springs for free.
Have 285/55/22 Toyo at3s going on as well.

Will post pics once it's done with the whole process of additional adds, hopefully by the end of the week.

Thanks to all for the help.
I would be very interested to hear if the rake was eliminated. Because when mine was installed, putting the rear spacers on would have raised the rear to retain the rake. The way my truck sits now without the rear spacers it’s dead level (maybe an 1/8” difference from front to back).

Thats why I think people do the ORP conversion out front to get that extra inch to eliminate the rake when the spacers are installed out back.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have the Fox shocks from the Mopar kit. HUGE improvement over stock. Stock was a nice ride, one of the best ones I’ve had in a truck. The Fox shocks took it to a whole new level. Much more firmer ride and the truck handles better. The Fox shocks rebound better where I felt the stock shocks you bounced around a little more.

I then added the BFG KO2s and it got even better.

They really shine when going over speed bumps or railroad tracks. You don’t feel as much slop as the stock shocks.

How do you like the BFG’s?.. What size you go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread