5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Bigdumps

Reaction score
Here it is. Mopar lift AD kit. No ORP springs.
Looking at it now, I feel like ORP springs might make it appear nose high
Tires are 285/55/22 Toyo at3s

2022 Ram Sport GT non ORP night edition. Love the look, ride quality is amazing even with the bigger tires.
The Mopar cat back exhaust is fantastic growl and tone when you hit it. But still quiet when just cruising.

Couldn't be happier with how it turned out. Have OEM Laramie flares getting painted for it right now, and the silver GT decals being replaced with matte black ones next week.
Just measured. From ground to fender.
Also replaced factory GT decals with matte black.

New front height is just a hair under 41"
New rear height is just a hair under 43"

Previous height front 36 3/4
Previous height rear 38 1/2

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
I did get the speedo recalibrated yesterday for tires. Dealer charged $100 + tax. Mopar suggested price is $125 + tax. Dealer said Mopar forces them to buy "credits" to use the software to recalibrate. My guy said it's dumb but how it is but he charged me their cost, so can't complain.

Also note, he said they'll see a Tazer DT or similiar immediately if it's on the truck when you take it in. This gets logged when the truck computer "talks" to their software. I was looking at getting a Tazer DT, but I'm still under warranty. So just paid for recalibration. Just a heads up to all!

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did get the speedo recalibrated yesterday for tires. Dealer charged $100 + tax. Mopar suggested price is $125 + tax. Dealer said Mopar forces them to buy "credits" to use the software to recalibrate. My guy said it's dumb but how it is but he charged me their cost, so can't complain.

Also note, he said they'll see a Tazer DT or similiar immediately if it's on the truck when you take it in. This gets logged when the truck computer "talks" to their software. I was looking at getting a Tazer DT, but I'm still under warranty. So just paid for recalibration. Just a heads up to all!
Let's see that lifted truck!!

Bigdumps

Reaction score

My dealer says they can't calibrate my speedo because the software "isn't out for 2022's"

Anyone have the special code words so they find the software and do it?

cervelo15

Reaction score
My dealer says they can't calibrate my speedo because the software "isn't out for 2022's"

Interesting, and I can’t see why the ‘22 is any different than the ‘21. I found that the first dealer I called said they would be able to do it. Then called back a week before the appt and said they double checked with the service manager and he said they couldn’t do it.

It took me 2 more calls to local dealers until I found one that would do it.

So you may need to call around to a few dealers until you find one that will be able to do it.

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score

The dealer must have the computer module in order to do the programming. Where my lift was installed, they didn't have it and couldn't do it. I called around and found another dealer that did have it. The module is expensive, and from what I gathered, licensed through Mopar.

It gives them an iron grip around mom and pop garages from being able to offer this recalibration. I don't like it, but it's the world we live in. Only other work around is a Tazer DT or similar, but as I mentioned, you will need to un-marry it before taking it into a dealer or it will pop immediately when they connect your truck.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The dealer must have the computer module in order to do the programming. Where my lift was installed, they didn't have it and couldn't do it. I called around and found another dealer that did have it. The module is expensive, and from what I gathered, licensed through Mopar.

It gives them an iron grip around mom and pop garages from being able to offer this recalibration. I don't like it, but it's the world we live in. Only other work around is a Tazer DT or similar, but as I mentioned, you will need to un-marry it before taking it into a dealer or it will pop immediately when they connect your truck.
You can recalibrate with AlfaOBD and you won't need to unmarry anything. It's pretty simple and it's about half of the price I was quoted by my dealer.

Bigdumps

Reaction score
You can recalibrate with AlfaOBD and you won't need to unmarry anything. It's pretty simple and it's about half of the price I was quoted by my dealer.
Where can I get this? And what else does it do? No warranty issues seems to good to be true

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Question…..since my level, I think I need to adjust my headlights down a bit. Anyone have some tips for this? Thanks

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Question…..since my level, I think I need to adjust my headlights down a bit. Anyone have some tips for this? Thanks
I don't believe a headlight adjustment is needed for a 2" level. Most shops won't mess with headlight adjustments until 3.5" of lift.
With that said I've never adjusted mine so I can't answer your question.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I got flashed a couple times but nothing crazy. Guess I’ll leave as is for now

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online